Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Pre-Orders Delayed

Sad news for those of you that are (im)patiently awaiting the arrival of Assetto Corsa as Kunos just announced on Facebook that pre-orders are on hold due to typical bureaucracy reasons that are nowadays very common in the EU/EUSSR.

Unfortunately in Italy where Kunos Simulazioni is based things aren't any different than to the rest of Europe where honest hardworking small companies get buried under a massive pile of legislation.

Time to make some clarification about the rumors...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 165163

I'm sure AC will be awesome, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. However it would be nice if we could find out about the mod-ability of the final game files and what will be locked down.

Don't quote me on this but I think that information is already out there.

Hi, guys, I was away from simracing for some time.. Nothing new about pre-orders?? It's November already..

About track and car mod abilities !
If Kunos use Laserscaning and the modders don't !
What is the point in mods and who are interested in mods apart from the modders themself ?

There is a lot of ways today's 3d modeling software allows you to make amazing looking and feeling tracks even without laser scanning. I don't really understand all the hype around Laser scanning when 99.9% of players never drove cars on those real track. I see laserscanning really just like a great help for 3d modelers cause they can just overlay the point cloud with polys, no need to think much, just work.

But yeah.. Pretty offtopic xD

There is a lot of ways today's 3d modeling software allows you to make amazing looking and feeling tracks even without laser scanning. I don't really understand all the hype around Laser scanning when 99.9% of players never drove cars on those real track. I see laserscanning really just like a great help for 3d modelers cause they can just overlay the point cloud with polys, no need to think much, just work.
And that alone makes it not worth to model every bump and get the track's proportions 100% right ? What kind of logic is that ? :roflmao:

And that alone makes it not worth to model every bump and get the track's proportions 100% right ? What kind of logic is that ? :roflmao:
+1

nothke, I respect your work, you do an incredible job with your tracks and they have some of the best athmosphere... But what you wrote there is a load of crap.

The point of laser-snanning is not to simplify the work of the 3D modelers, it is to recreate accurately a track in the smallest of details, PHYSICALLY. No matter how good you are, you will never, never be able to match a machine at accurately remodelling a track. Every bumps, every crests, every variation in degrees of a corner, all recreated to near perfection (99.99%), don't tell me you are that good.

I understand that you see your work as art, but we are racers, and what we want most is an accurate world to race in.

I understand that you see your work as art, but we are racers, and what we want most is an accurate world to race in.

Speak for yourself :) I personally really don't give a damn if the camber of a user created track is 1% off from a laserscanned version or that a bump is missing.

I like to race online against other people and the venue its taking place on is secondary.

Different racers, different flavors.

Speak for yourself :) I personally really don't give a damn if the camber of a user created track is 1% off from a laserscanned version or that a bump is missing.

I like to race online against other people and the venue its taking place on is secondary.

Different racers, different flavors.
In that case, why should we need good physics that accurately represent the different cars we are driving ? Let`s just put something basic and race eh ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back