Assetto Corsa Pre-Alpha VR Support Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC pre Alpha VR Support.jpg
AC ferrari.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have just teased the news that Virtual Reality support within Assetto Corsa has reached Pre-Alpha stage.

Many see Virtual Reality as the future for sim racing fanatics, putting the driver right in the heart of his or her virtual car and allowing never-before-seen levels of immersion when tackling the worlds digital racetracks.

With more and more VR headsets finding their way onto the market it is only a matter of time before retail prices reach a more affordable level for the everyday consumer. Assetto Corsa's rival Project CARS, already provides a substantial level of support for Virtual Reality and the SMS developed sims current dominance in the VR/Sim Racing field could well be under threat from this latest tease.

Although no details have been revealed by the studio other than the above image, Kunos have confirmed via the official AC Twitter channel that VR support has reached Pre-Alpha stage. With development seeming well underway, perhaps it is worth keeping our fingers crossed that it won't be very long at all until we can enjoy this superb title in all its VR glory. The proposed update is planned to support CV1 at this early stage.

Visit the Assetto Corsa forum right here at RaceDepartment for all the news and Assetto Corsa discussions as well as our mighty mods archive and ever popular Racing Club.

Also check out our Japanese Dream Pack @ Black Cat County race event to be held this Sunday 22nd of May. Hurry, places are due to fill up fast!

Are you excited about VR support within Assetto Corsa? What VR device do you use? In your opinion, is VR the future for sim racing? Let us discuss below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Assetto Corsa with the rift is amazing!!!

Try this tip to greatly increase the AA and clarity though: Use the Debug Tool from the Oculus SDK to increase the render resolution. Download the SDK, run the debug tool and
type "1.5" at "pixel override" and hit enter. Then select the game .exe and launch from the debug tool. In game, turn the post processing and AA off. Looks SO much better!

What a great tip. A big improvement even with the DK2 and SDK 1.3 . Clarity inside menu also much better. Many thanks!

I just got my CV1 and having issues running AC. I've disabled AA, AF and Post Processing and rendering set to Oculus but once the track loads, I see 4-5 images all messed up. Does anyone have an idea what's the problem? Clearly I am doing something wrong but not sure what :)

Something I've discovered in AC 1.6 with the new VR support, which I find extremely ironic, especially as I was the one who bleeted on about it so much...

Fixed setups, downloaded from servers, never worked in VR in the old 0.6 implementation.

A VR client simply never applied the setup.

I'd become suspicious - after attending an RD race with fixed setups, when it was fairly obvious that the other cars had a different setup to me.

Since the update, since I've really been able to apply setups, the difference in my laptimes, qualifying and finishing positions, has been just unbeliebable.

I'm not as rubbish as I thought I was.

I also thought I got faster through VR (2 seconds! in some old special events). But with V1.6 Update V7 tyre physics came and some guys said it is more likely that you get faster because of the new physics :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back