Assetto Corsa: Porsche Volume III DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC GT Cup.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released the third installment to their Porsche DLC lineup today, adding seven new vehicles to the simulation including the 2016 variant of their dominant Le Mans challenger and the beautiful 2017 GT3 Cup 911 alongside a substantial V1.11 update for Assetto Corsa.

As is the usual process with these Porsche DLC releases, Kunos have paired up today's release with a new update to the game, bringing Assetto Corsa on PC to version 1.11 and adding several fixes and enhancements to the core racing experience.

Build 1.11 highlights include V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT3 plus the Glickenhaus P4/5C and Evora GX and GTC as well as the LaFerrari, 599XX, FxxK, P1, Aventador SV, Huayra and Zonda R. Other key updates include the new offline championship mode, where players can create custom championship events with selectable cars, tracks, laps, points and rules.

Furthermore, Kunos physics guru Aris Vasilakos had the following to say with regards to changes in tyre pressure post version 1.11:

"Hello everybody.

Assetto Corsa V1.11 brings some new updates and improvements to the core tyre simulation. On top of that, more adjustments have been made on the tyre values themselves to accomodate the core updates and take advantage of the new features and calculations. As a result, we have some big changes in the GT3, GT2 and Porsche Cup tyres.

Tyre pressure.
Cold pressure now starts from 16psi.
Hot pressure is optimum around 26psi.

As usual the optimum pressure will take a bit of experimentation depending on the track configuration, setup configuration and driving style. A good range would be from 24 to 28psi.

The lower pressures offer a better control of the cars over low kerbs. Together with changes on camber sensitivity, slipratio calculation, effective radius calculations and more, result in a more involving driving experience and more realistic values and behaviour.

More tyre compounds will get updated on all the cars, as we are bringing V10 tyre model to maturity and time permits to update the rest of the cars".
Looks like this might mean a bit of a rethink to current setups used in the game going forward.

Below you can see the new trailer for Porsche Volume III and the full build 1.11 change log released today.

The Cars
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 2017 * Coming as a free update in January 2017 for Vol. III owners
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche Macan Turbo (free car)

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
Assetto Corsa 911 GT3 Cup 2017.jpg

The rear of the world's most-produced GT racing car now houses a 4-litre, six-cylinder flat engine for even more drive. Thanks to thoroughbred motorsport technology, the compact engine with direct fuel injection delivers peak performance of 357 kW (485 hp).
A range of innovative details also improve efficiency in addition to engine perfor-mance, ensuring even better durability of the naturally aspirated engine in racing mode and reduced maintenance costs.

Porsche manufactures the 911 GT3 Cup on the same production line as the 911 road car in its main plant in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. The basic race tuning is performed at the Weissach motorsport centre, where vehicles are also thoroughly tested by a professional race driver prior to delivery to the customer. Some 3031 units of the 911 GT3 Cup have been built in the 996, 997 and 991 model lines since 1998. This makes the brand cup racing car from Stuttgart the most-produced and most-sold GT racing car in the world.

The new 911 GT3 Cup will be used in the 2017 race season, initially exclusively in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup and in the Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland, as well as in North America.

Porsche 911 Turbo S
AC 911 Turbo S.jpg

Porsche has always promised performance. The 911 Turbo S keeps that promise in an exceptionally impressive way: with a 3.8-litre, twinturbo six-cylinder engine that has even larger turbochargers than the 911 Turbo. Developing 427 kW (580 hp), the maximum torque is 750 Nm. You accelerate from 0 to 100 kmh in a breathtaking 2.9 seconds. And reach 200 kmh in 9.9 seconds. Top speed: 330 kmh.

From a technical point of view, the 911 Turbo S is just as well equipped as the 911 Turbo. In terms of performance, however, the specification is even more elaborate.

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) provides active roll stabilisation and enhances the neutral handling further. The Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) improves braking performance. New 20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels have a central locking device – technology derived directly from motor racing.

The design of the 911 Turbo S is accentuated in a number of ways: on the outside, tailpipe trim in black chrome and SportDesign exterior mirrors with their V-shaped base

Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
AC LMP.jpg

The WEC regulations lay down strict requirements relating to efficiency, safety and sustainability in motorsports. In short: vehicles that are designed for the future. These requirements have inspired Porsche's engineers to carry on what Porsche has been doing for over 60 years. Avoiding an either/or approach to isolated technologies, and instead examining every possible detail without losing sight of the overall picture.

In the LMP1 class, the principle of dominance through maximum performance will give way to the demand for efficiency. For the first time in the race’s history, all of the works teams in the top classification must compete with hybrid racing vehicles.

Porsche's choice of combustion engine was born out of an efficiency-optimized approach: a highly compact, turbocharged four-cylinder 2-liter engine with direct fuel injection. The combustion engine is supported by two energy recuperation systems. Years of experience in designing Sports Cars helped us to reduce the weight of individual components even further. The sports prototype is made mainly of carbon. In addition, the engine made of high-strength aluminum and the use of magnesium and various titanium alloys also helped to achieve the ideal system weight.

Porsche 908 LH
AC 908LH.jpg

The 908 debut came in the Monza 1000km race on April 25 1968. In September of the same year it was driven at the 24 Hours of Le Mans: here the 908s were the fastest cars in qualifying and the early stages of the race, however, unlucky for them the repair rules were misinterpreted by Porsche team leaders, resulting in their disqualification.

Things went better in next year's race: although Jacky Ickx won in a Ford GT40, Hans Herrmann' 908 LH finished in 2nd place, just a few seconds behind due to a brake pad issue towards the end of the race.

Porsche 917 K
AC 917k.jpg

The bad results of the 917 in the 1969 forced Porsche to review the aero design, since its main problem was handling at high speeds. Those improvements gave birth to the 917 Kurzheck: that year this car won 7 out of 10 races, smashing the record distance by 190 miles at the 24 Hours of Daytona (724 laps).

Porsche 911 R
AC 911R.jpg

The chassis of the new 911 R is based on the 911 GT3 and provides extremely sporty day-to-day driving. The tuning is extremely direct and the vehicle lies as low as the 911 GT3. All the chassis control systems have been adapted to the manual transmission.

At low speeds, the specially adapted system on the new 911 R steers the rear wheels in the opposite direction to the front wheels. This increases agility, particularly in tight bends. During high-speed manoeuvres, the system steers the rear wheels in the same direction as that of the front wheels. This enhances stability, particularly at high driving speeds.

The large-volume flat-six naturally aspirated engine sits right at the back of the new 911 R. Its high-performance unit delivers an impressive maximum engine speed of 8,500 rpm. With its 4-litre displacement it delivers 368 kW (500 hp), corresponding to an output of 92 kW 125 hp) per litre. The maximum torque is 460 Nm at 6,250 rpm.

With the very short shift travel of the 6-speed GT sports manual transmission, the 911 R accelerates from 0 to 100 kmh in only 3.8 seconds – provided you're nimble with the shift lever. Top speed is reached in 6th gear: at 323 kmh.

Power development of this kind is only possible with a high power-to-weight ratio. With the new 911 R this is a remarkable 2.7 kg/hp.

Porsche 911 GT3R 2015
AC GT3.jpg

Based on the 911 GT3 RS production sports car, the 911 GT3 R has been designed as customer sport race car for GT3 series around the world.

In developing the more than 368 kW (500 hp) racing nine-eleven, special attention was paid to lightweight design, better aerodynamic efficiency, reducing consumption, improved handling, further optimised safety as well as lowering service and spare parts costs.

The lightweight body design of the 911 GT3 RS production sports car featuring intelligent aluminium-steel composite construction has proven to be the ideal basis for the race car and its cutting-edge four-litre flat-six unit is largely identical to the high-performance production engine of the road-legal model.

Version 1.11 Change Log
  • New Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 LeMans configuration (Porsche Pack 3)
  • New Porsche 908 Lang Heck (Long Tail) (Porsche Pack 3)
  • New Porsche 917 K (Porsche Pack 3)
  • New Porsche 911 R (991) (Porsche Pack 3)
  • New Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (Porsche Pack 3)
  • New Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 (Porsche Pack 3)
  • New Porsche 911 Turbo S (991) (Porsche Pack 3
  • New Porsche Macan Turbo (free bonus)
  • New Championship gameplay. Create your own championship, select cars, tracks, laps, points, rules and compete against the AI.
  • Fixed wing damage model on Nissan GTR
Shared Memory
  • Fixed kersCharge and kersInput for ERS system
  • Added system/cfg/messages.ini to filter system messages out
  • Added Print function in Time Table (export in Documents\Assetto Corsa\out
  • Fixed Setup Electronic tab issue on ABS level for cars featuring no TC
  • Reviewed damage curve + repair times
  • New formula for effective radius calculation
  • Pitstop is possible also in Practice session
  • Fixed Confirm button in Pitstop screen to work without any requested operation
  • Fixed UI resetting AI level at start
  • Corrected front wheel 3D placement for Lotus Evora S and Step 2
  • Pitstop animation disabled for VR users
  • New V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT3 cars
  • New V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for all GT2 cars plus Glickenhaus P4/5C and Evora GX and GTC
  • Updated V10 tyres and updated physics and inertias for Hypercars (LaFerrari, 599XX, FxxK, P1, Aventador SV, Huayra, Zonda R), more experimentation
  • Corrected Porsche 917/30 inertia values
  • Corrected Porsche 917/30 ackermann and front bump steer suspension
  • Corrected aero downforce and drag values for Porsche 962 Short Tail
  • Corrected drag values for Porsche 962 Long Tail
  • Porsche 962C Long Tail now has passive wastegate pressure map that permits user controlled overboost as a % of a turbo boost map. 0-9 keys
  • F4 key sets camera on the player car
  • Added Delete function on Setup screen
  • Added electronic controller cltr_wastegate[X].ini to control wastegate levels on turbos
  • Fixed potential track cut on Nordschleife Endurance and Cup layouts

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.
Porsche Pack V3 is available today for 6,99€. Owners of an Assetto Corsa Porsche Season Pass can download the cars without an additional cost.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Have you tried the Volume III DLC pack yet? What are your early impressions of the pack? Which car have you most enjoyed driving so far? Let us know in the comments section below?

Last edited:
I just don't understand how is 16PSI cold and 10+ PSI raise on a GT3 tire realistic. Is it?

The target 26-28 PSI hot optimal seems ok to me, but if they achieve it only by lowering cold pressure to unrealistic values, what's the point?

A 10psi increase itself isn't unrealistic, although when starting that low it may be. But overall those pressures seem very unrealistic to me. I used to run Pilot Sport Cup at the track and it was recommended to never go below 22psi cold or 30psi hot. Most guys I talked to ran 25 cold and adjusted to somewhere in the low-mid 30s. Maybe these tires are based on a significantly different compound, but that's a huge difference.

A 10psi increase itself isn't unrealistic, although when starting that low it may be. But overall those pressures seem very unrealistic to me. I used to run Pilot Sport Cup at the track and it was recommended to never go below 22psi cold or 30psi hot. Most guys I talked to ran 25 cold and adjusted to somewhere in the low-mid 30s. Maybe these tires are based on a significantly different compound, but that's a huge difference.

I'm looking at my notes from the last test outing for a prospect driver in a cup car, tire that was more loaded gained 12 pounds, tire that was less loaded was 9.7 pounds. Stint was 21 laps with a box call on lap 14. Track temp was 22'C, ambient temp was 17.8'C, humidity was 47% and the humidity of the stuff in the tires was 0.035%. (We run treated nitrogen).

Does that answer your question? Tires were Michelin Cup N2 compounds; but I've ran Pirelli DHC before on not the same chassis but the same type of car and the gain delta was w/i 0.5 psi from that Michelin test.

I will say though if they're told 26psi is "optimum" cup tires, then either his source is lying or my source is lying; and I don't just talk to one tire engineer during the season.

Optimum is vague and does not necessarily mean the same thing for two engineers. Let's say there is a "peak" of grip and it's at 26 psi.

Do you absolutely run that ? Maybe not if at 26 psi the tyres move around too much and most drivers likely do not like that. If sacrificing say 0.15% grip by going to 30 psi is worth it to give your driver more response and more confidence at turn-in of course you'll run that. Is 30 psi optimal then?
What if 26 psi on the real life CUP car for sure overheats the rears. No engineer is gonna then say 26 psi is optimal.

Pirelli straight up recommends 27.5 to 32 psi hot on their DH compound. Does that really mean the peak of grip is within that range? No idea.

Cups are still kinda street tyres, tho closer to R Comps. They recommend 30psi hot, but thats just safety and insurance jam. Fastest probably is a bit lower depending on the alignment and tyre dimensions vs rim width.

As for GT3 tyres, they use warmers anyway. 26-28 hot sounds about right, again, Pirelli's recommendations of 28-30 ish are just a baseline that will ensure no failures. Not necessarily the fastest.

It has been mentioned long before i think on AC's main website. They also showed this image back then:

August 2014 - never forget :p

Although, seeing as AC didnt have hybrid systems implemented yet, it would have been quite difficult (or impossible) to attempt to accurately portray the LMP1 cars. So, it is quite nice we got the Ferrari F1 car that gave AC the extra code it needed to get LMP1 cars simulated. And with how well the 919 drives, it will be nice to finally have some more LMP1 cars. Even if they are from different years.

Is it me or are the Sounds getting better?
Had a blast driving that 917k around nords.
I was never a big fan of Porsche but these packs have certainly changed that :inlove:

Oh Yeah, and love that they included a new Champ mode :thumbsup:

For some reason I prefer driving modern cars in AC than classic cars. They don't feel as good as I expected (but I must admit I'm not very fan in general of AC's FFB either). It has happened to me with all 3 Porsche DLCs cars but also in all previously released content. It's a pity, because the cars do look great. Just my two cents :)

Kindest regards

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years