Assetto Corsa Porsche Previews and Ingame Footage

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 4.jpg

Kunos Simulizioni have been slowly leaking preview images from the upcoming new Porsche DLC following on from the licence announcement back on the 17th June.

Somewhat of a shock to the sim racing community, Kunos' announcement in June of a successful Porsche licence acquisition has positively set the sim racing world alight with enthusiasm to see how the Italian development team recreate some of legendary marque's most famous vehicles in Assetto Corsa.

Kunos Simulazioni’s Licensing Project Manager Marco Massarutto has recently tweeted a number of images from the upcoming DLC, leading many to believe a release is not too far away. The latest update to version 1.8 is due to roll out to players at the end of August, many will be hoping to see a similar schedule for the first Porsche DLC instalment.

To tie in with the licence to present various Porsche vehicles in Assetto Corsa, Kunos will also be providing customized software for virtual experiences within Porsche Performance Centre locations throughout the world. At one such location as part of the recent FIA World Endurance Championship race at the German Nürburgring, Sim Racer Philipp Schalli caught the below in game footage of what appears to be a 911 Carrera S racing on the German Grand Prix Circuit. Click the video below to watch the 30 second snippit of Philipp driving the Carrera S...

First look - Porsche Carrera S gameplay footage:

Check out the Assetto Corsa forum here at RaceDepartment. Here you will find a wide variety of custom setups, community created modifications and setups for a wide selection of cars. We have a lively Modding Discussions forum for users to post and reply to topics relating to the world of AC modding and show off their latest work in progress projects.

Don't forget RaceDepartment hold regular leagues and club racing events for Assetto Corsa. Check out the AC Clubs and Leagues section of the website to find out more.

Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC.jpg Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to Porsche in Assetto Corsa? What do you think will be included in the pack? What do you WANT included in the DLC? Let's discuss below!

Last edited:
I assume the C9 drives like a bobby car compared with this one.
I'd think so too. Considering the early 70's they hadn't started with ground effects or any advanced aerodynamics yet - just BIG wings mostly. (The Chaparrals were ahead of their time in this case though) This is a twin turbo 5.4l +12-Cylinder engine with the rest strapped on as an afterthought :) This will be all over the place.
I watched an interview with Hurley Haywood once and he said the 917/10 was already a hand full. The 917/30 was even more bad ass :)

Last edited:
Reactions: F_B
  • Deleted member 130869

True but the benefits of it being an official release is that they will remain updated and supported for the life of the product. Same thing for the 787B. Just the yin and the yang I suppose.

Had we had a release of either then they could have become free DLC and thus also be available on consoles. The only benefit to the community is guaranteed sustained update. Hopefully no car parameters once available get removed or turned generic.

Porsche DLC looks highly desirable by the vocal enthusiasts but so much different DLC, and who knows in how many packs the car will be split, is bound to leave people without content and unable to race others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided last night for some reason to comb through the announcement trailer to see what cars were in it, but as only 2 in-engine cars were shown and the rest was racing footage the likelihood of those cars I could identify being in the DLC are slim to none. But since the 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 and the 935/78 "Moby Dick" were shown racing about in their glory days my hopes are up to see many of those cars soon, though I'm not sure if we'll see the 718 F1 or 718 RS60 but it would be odd to see the stranger and more unknown parts of Porsche's racing history included.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%