Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview.png.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has been at it again, this time showing off a sneaky teaser of the 911 Carrera S from the upcoming Porsche DLC packs for Assetto Corsa.

With any fans left chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, Massarutto and Co. haven't been shy posting the odd picture from the development build, often just giving a glimpse to fans of what can be expected in the near future. With a first of three Porsche DLC packs due to hit the sim this Autumn, fans can look forward to getting their hands on a first bunch of the total 24 cars from the German marque due to be recreated for the sim. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title, as seen with the Maserati Levante and Audi A1 bonus content released recently. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalised, however to help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's, Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will offer a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Kunos have been rather good (cruel) at teasing Assetto Corsa fans with some cheeky images from the WIP Porsche cars due to be brought into the sim. Just in case you missed the earlier ones, here's a little recap below:

AC Porsche 4.jpg AC Porsche 5.jpg AC Porsche 6.jpg AC Porsche 7.jpg AC Porsche 2.jpg AC Porsche 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a considerable number of mods for download, a dedicated Modding Discussion Forum and hold regular club and league racing events. Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Porsche DLC packages? Which car(s) would you like to see added the most? How do you think AC compares to its rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
atleast rF2 stays a racing sim with race cars and not a trackday sim for ricers.
All sim racing games on the market are a racing sim with race cars. Name me one that isn't.
What do you say of the rf2 players who drive/race the four street Corvette C6 models, the Honda NSX 1991, Panoz AIV Roadster, the Shelby Cobra 427... oh yes, the 427 rf2 made is the road car. The one in Assetto Corsa is the semi competition car.
Watch out Blimey, rf2 is impure, it has road cars. You've picked the wrong game to support your ideals.

I don't mind the road cars but I prefer racing cars. GT3 variants to be exact. I currently like to hotlap in a cayman GT4 mod which is absolutely brilliant. The GT3 and GT3RS mod which I think is from the same modder is also brilliant and conveys why real drivers like the 991 911.

The title picture I think mostly emphasizes their partnership with Sparco instead of just teasing Porsche content.

No offense, but the comments section is just rubbish as always. I miss the old premium-only thread in which people talking about and comparing racing sims in a serious proper manner without trolling. I actually think RD should consider putting a limit the number of posts that non-premium member can make every day.

and a real simulation with all the basics that were in GTR2 10 years ago.

I think you can play GTR2 still and enjoy that features. AC is not GTR3 and don't think they never pretended it to be so.

AC is what devs want it to be or they have achieved to be 'til today(not that they don't want to implement more things). AC is not what community wants. You can buy it or not. It's simple. I don't like pro evolution soccer so I buy FIFA. And play FIFA. Don't play PES and go to forums to say that FIFA is better and PES is ****.

Go play GTR2 if it's much better and complete. Don't think guys at Kunos are worried about that.

It's their businesss. They make choices. And when you buy a license you got to accept some things that you don't want. But damn...some of them are pretty enjoyable. And GT cars are so boring and predictable...

I think you can play GTR2 still and enjoy that features. AC is not GTR3 and don't think they never pretended it to be so.

AC is what devs want it to be or they have achieved to be 'til today(not that they don't want to implement more things). AC is not what community wants. You can buy it or not. It's simple. I don't like pro evolution soccer so I buy FIFA. And play FIFA. Don't play PES and go to forums to say that FIFA is better and PES is ****.

Go play GTR2 if it's much better and complete. Don't think guys at Kunos are worried about that.

It's their businesss. They make choices. And when you buy a license you got to accept some things that you don't want. But damn...some of them are pretty enjoyable. And GT cars are so boring and predictable...
yeah, well, everyone can have their say and opinion. AC indeed isn't GTR3 and there's no point bringing up GTR3 anyway, title name doesn't matter and just to say, considering how bad sim racing is in the year 2016, I prefer not to play either.

I need that 911 GT3 like yesterday man, it's either that or the Forza pack and I CAN'T DEAL WITH FORZA GIVING ME THE 911 feel!

Well if all goes south I still have the old GTR2 cd and I can take some spins in the 911 GT or NGT for my sake :)

Its funny how you seem surprised.

AC
AMS
DIRT RALLY
RFACTOR2
RRE

Awesome physics
Complex tire models
Laser scanned circuits
Real data
Profesional drivers testing
Great hardware (DD wheels, VR headsets, better screens resolutions...)

I mean...yeah, it was better in 2007 with rFactor 1, few bad mods and my Logitech wingman formula in a 14 inch screen. How wouldn't it!

Love these arguments, really.

Who cares what car some people like to use on any of the current sims?

Why does it cause people such anxiety.

Road car/race car/whatever what's the argument?
That we don't like certain content or that we don't like the fact that certain people like certain content or that content in any form is not required or wanted?

I'm sure in another forum it was the fact that they don't like too many GT3 cars. These are race cars... Devs can't win
Someone mentioned no prototypes yet these have been confirmed as on the way.

Seems some don't like AC... easily remedied... don't use it, don't whinge about it and don't bother posting about it.
While you're at it you could find something else in life to get p*ssed off about as there are plenty more real world issues out there to annoy you...

Some people are weird, well... Blimey, to be more precise. You sound like you are a bit bored of simracing in general, and you wish that something will happen, that will hype you up. But what you really need to do is to pause things a bit. Stop simracing for few months, you'll be hyped again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%