Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview.png.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has been at it again, this time showing off a sneaky teaser of the 911 Carrera S from the upcoming Porsche DLC packs for Assetto Corsa.

With any fans left chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, Massarutto and Co. haven't been shy posting the odd picture from the development build, often just giving a glimpse to fans of what can be expected in the near future. With a first of three Porsche DLC packs due to hit the sim this Autumn, fans can look forward to getting their hands on a first bunch of the total 24 cars from the German marque due to be recreated for the sim. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title, as seen with the Maserati Levante and Audi A1 bonus content released recently. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalised, however to help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's, Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will offer a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Kunos have been rather good (cruel) at teasing Assetto Corsa fans with some cheeky images from the WIP Porsche cars due to be brought into the sim. Just in case you missed the earlier ones, here's a little recap below:

AC Porsche 4.jpg AC Porsche 5.jpg AC Porsche 6.jpg AC Porsche 7.jpg AC Porsche 2.jpg AC Porsche 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a considerable number of mods for download, a dedicated Modding Discussion Forum and hold regular club and league racing events. Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Porsche DLC packages? Which car(s) would you like to see added the most? How do you think AC compares to its rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No problem for road cars ( not too much though ) ;)... perfect for Porsche in game .:thumbsup:... new content always come with both road and race cars for variety of cars and tastes :thumbsup: .... but every new content comes .....
without new features in game for races !!!! .... that's always been my problem with AC.

Designers are working hard .... but the base remains with many missing features ( still no possibility of deleting a setup in game ??? never saw such a silly thing forgotten in any race game. !! )
I prefer stopping here the list of what's still missing at this point of view .... nearly no progress at all since nearly the Early Access .... except flags and false starts because of too many complaints of online players.
Still stupid race penalties .... a chance modders are there to fill the big remaining hole.
Thank you guys ... without you, AC might remain a private game or public servers only.

A chance there are many other sims giving those perfect features.

I love AC, I surely love Porsche, we can also take pleasure with road cars and funny races with less quick cars but I'm still missing better game base features and more servers settings.:cry:

All I know is that if this Kunos racing sim that includes a lot of content type in terms of cars wouldn't be desired by racing sim players, they would stop making such kind and only focus on 100% race cars and possibly only of the few popular race car series. Because there's a lot of race cars that people won't care for racing it in masses. If something doesn't sell, then we can say it isn't desired, no matter how good something can be.

You're mixing many arguments in your post. You talk about if I prefer AC (2000 people playing a game that over 200 000 people have bought) or if I prefer Forza 6 (20 000 people playing that 2 000 000 people have bought). Then you imply that I don't want serious tuning option for AC's cars. So you relate that I don't want "20 000 people playing that 2 000 000 people have bought" for AC to be. Then you imply that 90% of 2000 care only for race cars in AC... that says it all about how you see things.
And that 2000 figure you keep saying, is only the concurrent players peak of a given day, not how many unique players were in the game during 24 hours and what content they used and in what game modes they were in.
Its the same old people playing the game all day, almost every day you see the same people say that AC is the only game they play, I'd really want to see the proper sale and unique player amount, because I doubt DLC keeps them afloat.
A f2p third-person shooter has the same amount of people playing their game almost 24/7 with serious micro transactions (I'm talking hundreds of people spending over a 1000 dollars on ingame goodies over 4 years) and its coming to a close in November. Unless something major happens in AC, it'll go the same way.

I think the Lotuses are amongst the most fun of the game. In fact, driving the new Exige has really woken my interest in Lotus more then before, and especially in this version. Made me look deep into it, and brought me that far, that i'd like to purchase one in a few years :redface:
I expect nothing less from the Porsches.
I for one would welcome it if every Porsche of the new pack is a road car ;)
i think the terminus "dead content" is different for pretty much everyone. I think there is no car in the game that isn't interesting for at least one person playing it.
I like even the Maserati Levante to be honest. Would love some "competition" like the Porsche Cayenne, Audi Q7, Mercedes GLE or BMW X5 (licenses are all there) to do some road testing agains each other :)..and i hate SUVs in real life, would never ever buy one.
For me "dead content" is the Porsche/Ruf Yellowbird..driven (tried to drive) it quite often, but the stability is horrible, and everytime i try to hotlap i just get mad. I despise that car
The RUF yellow bird is built for the purpose of straight line speed as it held the record for top speed of production cars in its era. In 1987 it outran the Ferrari F40 at 340kmh.

People need to remember that AC prides itself on realism and many of the road cars have to be released to meet homologation requirements for future race cars. Also rich lawyers and soccer moms need to buy the road car and SUV dlc packs or nobody can afford to make the race cars anyway.

People need to remember that AC prides itself on realism and many of the road cars have to be released to meet homologation requirements for future race cars. Also rich lawyers and soccer moms need to buy the road car and SUV dlc packs or nobody can afford to make the race cars anyway.
sorry, but if they pay "insane, unimaginable" prices for car licenses and only sell a thousand hand fulls of DLC, how long till they go broke? Porsche, Ferrari and 505 must be paying hella money for just physics realism that probably no more than 20 000 unique (guessing from someone elses pointy thought) users play.

I prefer race cars, always did and still do
but KS changed my view on road cars
I had a blast driving the lotus elise sc and the fiat 500 abarth in a league!

atm there are more interesting road cars than race cars imo
but in the end it doesn't bother me that much
550hours in the game and still counting
if there's a league that interests me I register and have fun with that particular car for several weeks
and then another one comes by, and so I have fun waiting for KS to obtain the Hondalicense :D

I love Porsches, but I agree that there are too many road cars in general. The ratio is too much in favor of road cars! Especially in regards to single-seaters. I'd love to have the cars from the ladder to F1(FR2.0, FR3.5) and also there's not a single modern prototype!
Some road cars are very close to a race car like the Lotuses, but of the others are just boats. It's challenging to learn to drive them fast, but I can't say it's pleasurable like driving fast a GT3 car or single-seater.
But you have to look at the problem also from business stand point of view. Kunos are releasing the SUVs and Panamera as free content because Porsche wants to ;) Otherwise who's going to buy a pack with them?
Porsche has great history in Le Mans prototypes, hopefully there will be more besides the 919! And it will be great if they add the R18 and TS040 to have some proper races ;)

The RUF yellow bird is built for the purpose of straight line speed as it held the record for top speed of production cars in its era. In 1987 it outran the Ferrari F40 at 340kmh.

Yeah fast in straight, and sideways through the turns. And it is rather controllable car, it is really something like that famous Nordschleife video.

Those are some of the lamest preview images I have ever seen. Way to to not show ANYTHING.

It's like teasing 12 year olds with a nipslip.

"Ooh, I am so getting off of this digital Porsche exhaust" :roflmao:

I like how they are confident to show models from so close, it means quality. I agree though, would be nice to see it full, in its full glory. People going to do tons of screens in all its glory though. There are some guys in official forums who has mastered that screenshot business :D

I love Porsches, but I agree that there are too many road cars in general. The ratio is too much in favor of road cars! Especially in regards to single-seaters. I'd love to have the cars from the ladder to F1(FR2.0, FR3.5) and also there's not a single modern prototype!
Some road cars are very close to a race car like the Lotuses, but of the others are just boats. It's challenging to learn to drive them fast, but I can't say it's pleasurable like driving fast a GT3 car or single-seater.
But you have to look at the problem also from business stand point of view. Kunos are releasing the SUVs and Panamera as free content because Porsche wants to ;) Otherwise who's going to buy a pack with them?
Porsche has great history in Le Mans prototypes, hopefully there will be more besides the 919! And it will be great if they add the R18 and TS040 to have some proper races ;)
They are adding the ts040 and r18 well they are licensed but we dont know when they will arrive.

sorry, but if they pay "insane, unimaginable" prices for car licenses and only sell a thousand hand fulls of DLC, how long till they go broke? Porsche, Ferrari and 505 must be paying hella money for just physics realism that probably no more than 20 000 unique (guessing from someone elses pointy thought) users play.
Its not about the ac consumers though, thats a side benefit but the true icing is that they can provide a simulator to the general populous to try the cars.

Lets say for example you are a oil tycoon that wants to spend the weekend buying a few super cars, you see a 911 gt3 rs, you get a slight bulge in your pants and well you want to test it out, sadly Mr Sales guy has to take you around in it at a horrid 30mph road, yeah because you getting a GT3 RS for the track. You now get to try that car on a track in a simulator.

Overall though its a win win, Kunos get Porsche and Porsche can provide their customers a trial where you can hammer the cars around in a nice environment without the risk of destroying £100,000 worth of art. Them going to kunos is highly likely to be a metric ton cheaper then going to some bespoke simulation company and ACPRO is highly likely to be a lot more beautiful considering they spent a modicum of time on visual presentation.

Even further of a win the 2017 911 cup car was licensed for AC meaning ACPRO becomes a cheap viable option for the carrera cup teams, those guys likely dont have the budget for a bespoke simulator.

You arent thinking lateral enough regarding this license. Porsche benefit a lot from this license, if it was just about consumers then we would see a project cars porsche dlc.

What do you prefer, 2000 people playing a game that over 200 000 people have bought or 20 000 people playing that 2 000 000 people have bought? F1 sells good regardless of how bad the game is, not a lot of people (especially) kids will look at a game that has road cars with no serious "tuning" option. If you want 200 people of that 2000 driving cars that rest of the 90% don't care about, well you can do whatever you want, just saying. (seems you prefer handful over the majority)
Do you ever think that the most selling driving game is Gran Turismo that has plenty of road cars?
And in GT series people love to buy a road car race it and then tune it...
all the things you say are simply stupid cauRoad carsare not better or worse than race cars, they are just different and the different kind of cars you can find in a game like AC is way better than the only kind of cars (race cars) you can find in a game like iRacing...

Do you ever think that the most selling driving game is Gran Turismo that has plenty of road cars?
And in GT series people love to buy a road car race it and then tune it...
all the things you say are simply stupid cauRoad carsare not better or worse than race cars, they are just different and the different kind of cars you can find in a game like AC is way better than the only kind of cars (race cars) you can find in a game like iRacing...
hmm, didn't we stop comparing GT and Forza with AC? seem to forget a lot in the last few days.

Look I don't give a rat's behind anymore what the car make/brand logo they glued onto it, what the exterior looks like, what the interior looks like, nor what it represents in the real world. It will still drive like any other AC car. The same, boring, soulless and I simply can't go back to it. It's rF2 or nothing from here on out.

Look I don't give a rat's behind anymore what the car make/brand logo they glued onto it, what the exterior looks like, what the interior looks like, nor what it represents in the real world. It will still drive like any other AC car. The same, boring, soulless and I simply can't go back to it. It's rF2 or nothing from here on out.
atleast rF2 stays a racing sim with race cars and not a trackday sim for ricers.
xd.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%