Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview.png.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has been at it again, this time showing off a sneaky teaser of the 911 Carrera S from the upcoming Porsche DLC packs for Assetto Corsa.

With any fans left chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, Massarutto and Co. haven't been shy posting the odd picture from the development build, often just giving a glimpse to fans of what can be expected in the near future. With a first of three Porsche DLC packs due to hit the sim this Autumn, fans can look forward to getting their hands on a first bunch of the total 24 cars from the German marque due to be recreated for the sim. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title, as seen with the Maserati Levante and Audi A1 bonus content released recently. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalised, however to help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's, Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will offer a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Kunos have been rather good (cruel) at teasing Assetto Corsa fans with some cheeky images from the WIP Porsche cars due to be brought into the sim. Just in case you missed the earlier ones, here's a little recap below:

AC Porsche 4.jpg AC Porsche 5.jpg AC Porsche 6.jpg AC Porsche 7.jpg AC Porsche 2.jpg AC Porsche 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a considerable number of mods for download, a dedicated Modding Discussion Forum and hold regular club and league racing events. Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Porsche DLC packages? Which car(s) would you like to see added the most? How do you think AC compares to its rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I hate road cars...drive them every day:p
I don't drive a Carrera S daily, but I suppose for people who do, it's a boring announcement (then again people who have their own sports car represented seem to be excited about it on the whole, probably cause they don't get many chances to actually race it or even take it to 10/10ths)

Probably street porsches are the free cars. Free, as the Maserati was.
Free are the 2016/17 Panamera, Cayenne and Macan.
https://twitter.com/Markus72k/status/780301766638374912

So there, for the people concerned. No need to pay for the 'boring' cars. Rest assured the rest of the Porsches are 'proper' sports- and race cars. And in case anyone forgot, Porsche is one of the manufacturers that prides itself on close connection between its motorsport activities and road car development. Maybe check out Dr. Porsche's history a bit.

Really, complaining about road cars is just missing the point of this simulator and disregarding the passion cars in general. It's just stupid.

Everybody must know this:

I'd like to see more content of [that]. Also I'd like [those] features to be implemented. I'm not excited about [that] content, [this] doesn't interest me at all. I want more racing cars, but no - now I want more road cars. Oh no, now I want classic cars.

And I represent that sim, that other is simcade, my sim is #1.

And I'm right, you are wrong. I'm a fan here and hater there, I know that you are fan there and hater here. And now we have very smart discussions about this and that. We make the things go round.

That's crazy...
AC is the first REAL simulation to have Porsche back and people complain about some road cars?
Do you know that 90% of the RACE cars you like to drive in racing games are tuned versions of street legal cars?
Only LMP and Formula cars are natural born race cars...

So if you complain about road cars get another game... without Porsches... ;)

Blimey at it again. :rolleyes:

Plenty of people who never comment on here enjoy the content, plenty of people like the Lotus cars in the game (maybe you should try them? they are actually great to drive and fairly close to race cars...), plenty of people enjoy road cars. Not much more to be said. If you hate road cars that's your issue, not the game's fault.
We need a chart from the "Lord" himself, showing what content is being used and how many times each day/week/month/year and see what exactly keeps the game going content wise.

I think it's funny how AC gets crap for having so many road cars, yet it's the only sim to feature this many and they are fun and challenging to drive on the edge.
Road cars are the only reason i own AC. I love driving around Nordschleife, Road America, or all those other "open" streets hillclimbs etc, do some car testing. For me AC is a car sand box. I pretend to do some "Top Gear" stuff with street cars, compare times at modded top gear track or Nordschleife, or set up a Touge against a single comparable AI car in some mountain road. That's what i love about AC, and if it would be after me, i'd only want to see street cars.
I think for real racing, there are just better sims out there. If you are into AI racing, i think Pcars is most fun, and for racing overall/online R3E, they have so many licensed racing series, great FFB etc, AC just can't compete with that (licensing, immersion etc.) Of course all subjective, and there are enough people out there who want to use AC for "real racing"...
but bashing street cars all the time is not the proper way IMO. Us street car fans also don't bash or question any single race car, that is released. Both has it's right to exist :)

Have you guys stopped to think that perhaps many people got bored over the decades with racing sims just being racing racing racing and race cars race cars race cars. If people wanted just competition and just racing and just race cars, then it wouldn't matter if we're playing a sim or not. We are playing a simulation game because we enjoy cars and tracks/roads. Because we enjoy driving something simulated as in real life.

What if AC only offered one type of race cars, a game with just formula cars. Then people would say, hey Kunos, give us other options, like LMP, classic, GT3. Then other people would say, hey Kunos, give us other options of cars, something we see in auto shows or on the road, a car people drive, we want to experience the same thing.

But now we have one kind of people trying to dictate what other people should want to race or drive in a simulation game. And if you're getting triggered by the game's tagline, then stop getting triggered. Racing simulation has nothing to do with the type of content, it only has to do with the activity. And what does Your mean? It means is your game to do and change how you like. Do you want more content? You can make and add it to your game. Do you want apps with different functionalities? You can make and add them to your game. Do you want an online leaderboard? You can make and add it your(everyone's) game. Do you want a custom UI? You can make and add it to your game. Do you want a scheduled racing competition system? You can make and add it to your game. Do you want safety rating? You can make and add it to your game(servers).
In some areas you're limited, like for exampling the host can't enforce the server with custom penalty system that treats track cutting and accidents differently. And possibly other limitations too, until the game software evolves with more opportunities.

Have you guys stopped to think that perhaps many people got bored over the decades with racing sims just being racing racing racing and race cars race cars race cars. If people wanted just competition and just racing and just race cars, then it wouldn't matter if we're playing a sim or not. We are playing a simulation game because we enjoy cars and tracks/roads. Because we enjoy driving something simulated as in real life.

What if AC only offered one type of race cars, a game with just formula cars. Then people would say, hey Kunos, give us other options, like LMP, classic, GT3. Then other people would say, hey Kunos, give us other options of cars, something we see in auto shows or on the road, a car people drive, we want to experience the same thing.

But now we have one kind of people trying to dictate what other people should want to race or drive in a simulation game. And if you're getting triggered by the game's tagline, then stop getting triggered. Racing simulation has nothing to do with the type of content, it only has to do with the activity. And what does Your mean? It means is your game to do and change how you like. Do you want more content? You can make and add it to your game. Do you want apps with different functionalities? You can make and add them to your game. Do you want an online leaderboard? You can make and add it your(everyone's) game. Do you want a custom UI? You can make and add it to your game. Do you want a scheduled racing competition system? You can make and add it to your game. Do you want safety rating? You can make and add it to your game(servers).
In some areas you're limited, like for exampling the host can't enforce the server with custom penalty system that treats track cutting and accidents differently. And possibly other limitations too, until the game software evolves with more opportunities.
What do you prefer, 2000 people playing a game that over 200 000 people have bought or 20 000 people playing that 2 000 000 people have bought? F1 sells good regardless of how bad the game is, not a lot of people (especially) kids will look at a game that has road cars with no serious "tuning" option. If you want 200 people of that 2000 driving cars that rest of the 90% don't care about, well you can do whatever you want, just saying. (seems you prefer handful over the majority)

What do you prefer, 2000 people playing a game that over 200 000 people have bought or 20 000 people playing that 2 000 000 people have bought? F1 sells good regardless of how bad the game is, not a lot of people (especially) kids will look at a game that has road cars with no serious "tuning" option. If you want 200 people of that 2000 driving cars that rest of the 90% don't care about, well you can do whatever you want, just saying. (seems you prefer handful over the majority)
All I know is that if this Kunos racing sim that includes a lot of content type in terms of cars wouldn't be desired by racing sim players, they would stop making such kind and only focus on 100% race cars and possibly only of the few popular race car series. Because there's a lot of race cars that people won't care for racing it in masses. If something doesn't sell, then we can say it isn't desired, no matter how good something can be.

You're mixing many arguments in your post. You talk about if I prefer AC (2000 people playing a game that over 200 000 people have bought) or if I prefer Forza 6 (20 000 people playing that 2 000 000 people have bought). Then you imply that I don't want serious tuning option for AC's cars. So you relate that I don't want "20 000 people playing that 2 000 000 people have bought" for AC to be. Then you imply that 90% of 2000 care only for race cars in AC... that says it all about how you see things.
And that 2000 figure you keep saying, is only the concurrent players peak of a given day, not how many unique players were in the game during 24 hours and what content they used and in what game modes they were in.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%