Assetto Corsa: Porsche, Porsche, Lovely Porsche - More Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images.jpg

Porsche DLC Volume One for Assetto Corsa seems to be getting closer, and once again another little preview image has been released by Marco Massarutto, showing a rather blurred shot of "one Hypercar, two GT cars, one GTR car, three historical race cars".

Fans of the genre are chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, a game that proclaims to be a thoroughbred racing simulator, and feel what the power of what Kunos simulation can do with the German marque. Coming in the form of three separate DLC release packages, containing 21 cars and three separate free vehicles, the first volume looks (although somewhat out of focus) to be a big release for the studio.

Although no cars and allocations to each pack have been revealed, it should be a bit of fun to look at the above picture and take a judgement on what's on show. Its a fair assumption that the above images show at least some of the first volume package, and it looks to be a good one!

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions. Join in with our community, download a mod or two and even better, have a race in one of our epic club and league racing events!

How many times can I ask the same question in a new way? Porsche, its coming soon, its exciting, are you excited? Looking at the pictures, can you tell which cars are shown? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Can't help but be totally excited about this. AC is my go to sim with the exception of AMS and having all these Porsche available to play with is going to be something special. Getting some North American tracks over the course of this DLC will be very welcome too. Thanks Kunos!!!

Can't help but be totally excited about this. AC is my go to sim with the exception of AMS and having all these Porsche available to play with is going to be something special. Getting some North American tracks over the course of this DLC will be very welcome too. Thanks Kunos!!!
Agreed. At last(!) Porsche cars that isnt NFS (or whatever EA titles they were in) woop woop! :D

Not sure if anyone else saw this but a guy shared a vid of a Porsche 908 spyder racing at Laguna Seca on Marco's FB page. Nothing out of the ordinary here but Marco's reply was interesting.
This is what he said: At the worse, you will get the track... ;) #spoiled.
I know there was some talk a while ago about an upcoming north america track, not sure if this was allready confirmed...
it was semi-confirmed. Marco confirmed it in that mega-long stream he & stefano did. He basically said that it would be a top listen NA track on one of the last track polls which one of the users made on the official forums.
Only track that it could be would be Laguna since it was the only top-voted NA track on that list.

Not sure if anyone else saw this but a guy shared a vid of a Porsche 908 spyder racing at Laguna Seca on Marco's FB page. Nothing out of the ordinary here but Marco's reply was interesting.
This is what he said: At the worse, you will get the track... ;) #spoiled.
I know there was some talk a while ago about an upcoming north america track, not sure if this was allready confirmed...

As long as it is NOT the modern Mazda Laguna, we need the old pre-1988 fast track layout without the silly loopback infield hairpin turn 1.

As long as it is NOT the modern Mazda Laguna, we need the old pre-1988 fast track layout without the silly loopback infield hairpin turn 1.
Even if for some chance they would make a classic laguna seca, there's no way the modern one won't be released, and most likely first. Wouldn't make sense otherwise, for a game that between all tracks, the big majority are modern.

Even if for some chance they would make a classic laguna seca, there's no way the modern one won't be released, and most likely first. Wouldn't make sense otherwise, for a game that between all tracks, the big majority are modern.
Well , the modern Laguna is so overdone by every game in so many different "this is the REAL Mazda Raceway" ways, I no longer enjoy it at all. And it makes no sense to have all these classic pre-1988 vehicles and be stuck with a modern resurfaced version of the track.

Classic cars need classic layouts because they where actually built for the track type of the day. It honestly makes zero sense to be driving these cars on modern billiard smooth clinically clean renditions of sorta-race tracks :)

Well , the modern Laguna is so overdone by every game in so many different "this is the REAL Mazda Raceway" ways, I no longer enjoy it at all. And it makes no sense to have all these classic pre-1988 vehicles and be stuck with a modern resurfaced version of the track.

Classic cars need classic layouts because they where actually built for the track type of the day. It honestly makes zero sense to be driving these cars on modern billiard smooth clinically clean renditions of sorta-race tracks :)
Sad to say you are likely never going to see classic Laguna unless it's a mod

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back