Assetto Corsa Porsche Pictures - Latest Batch Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 2.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have already revealed the simulation will be adding the first of three Porsche DLC packages on October 25th, and now the studio have released some further images showing off three of the cars on-track within the game.

Following the massive announcement that Kunos secured the rights to recreate the legendary Porsche brand for Assetto Corsa, the Italian studio have gone on to confirm 24 new cars will be added to the simulation, 21 of which will be chargeable as part of three DLC packages beginning October 25th. Volume One DLC will add the 911 Carrera S, 935 Moby Dick, 918 Spyder, Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 718 Cayman S, 917/30 and 1974 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 and retail for 6.99 Eur across all three platforms.

Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 1.jpg

To lighten the financial load on players looking to purchase all three DLC's, Kunos have confirmed a Season Pass DLC package, allowing players to pick up all three Porsche volumes for 15 eur, a saving of 28% on the separate purchase price.

Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC 3.jpg

In other Assetto Corsa news, it is expected that the new update will also add the first free Porsche vehicle, the Porsche Panamera G2. Also coming as part of the latest update will be a 1960's version of the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit, known at the time for its fast sweeping curves and challenging layout, a firm favourite amongst drivers of that era.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We have a substantial mod archive, community created setups and some pretty epic club and league racing events.

Well we know its coming on October 25th, and we now know what cars will be included. Are you looking forward to the first Porsche DLC package for Assetto Corsa? Let us know in the comments section below!

Tried the demo tech in a laptop back in 2013 end if i remember well, built a pc few months later for the still EA. Was my to go sim since v1.5 or so which didnt feel good to me, and since the redpack i got back and uninstalled rfactor2.

Now its a fight between this and AMS for me

I devised a name for fast Porsche driving years ago....'Pendulum effect'.
If you ever get a chance to drive one...even at moderate speed, I highly recommend it.
It's a constant balancing of power output vs steering input with very minimal braking.
It's surprising how little braking you use overall.
It's just enough (while still straight of course) to retard turn in entry speed, in anticipation of max drift to the apex.
It's actually a lot of fun as long as you respect that each turn in can be different depending on surface condition.
You need to have an ability to 'read' and know what the road surface is telling you. (Is it damp. Is it slick from dropped oil. Is it asphalt or concrete ....and the most important of them all... Is it off-camber).
Torque output tries constantly to swap the front end with the rear.
You are constantly micro-steering to keep the rear-end from swinging beyond the point where torque and weight will bring it past the point of no return...hence the Pendulum.
I had a 250cc shifter kart years ago, which was the closest thing 'handling-wise' to the 911 based cars.

Last edited:
Very good deal all round for both Porsche & AC & the end user , I am sure make will now allow AC to licence their cars . still a few makes missing.

Though saying that they have plenty of cars to go at if they used the make they already have in game.
Anyone correct me please I seem to remember reading some where that they had the rights to use Aston Martin in AC or did I just dream that one.

Still I hope they add the Session pass this week in steam for the DLC option.

Very good deal all round for both Porsche & AC & the end user , I am sure make will now allow AC to licence their cars . still a few makes missing.

Though saying that they have plenty of cars to go at if they used the make they already have in game.
Anyone correct me please I seem to remember reading some where that they had the rights to use Aston Martin in AC or did I just dream that one.

Still I hope they add the Session pass this week in steam for the DLC option.
You may have dreamt Aston Martin as we all have. That DLC hasn't been confirmed. The opposite is true. :cry:

Well Moby Dick is one of my most favorite cars and I really looking forward for it. I also enjoying AC from tech demo and feels most connected since I have over 1100 hours in Assetto, then the second is RaceRoom with 256 hours...
Also I was born the same day and month this DLC comes out and I was born on 79...
"The 935 went on to win the 1979 24 Hours of Le Mans overall, and other major endurance races, including Sebring, Daytona, and the 1000 km Nürburgring"
9 days to nirvana!

I can't wait any longer . I have been one of the few who purchased the game still under developing , I allways believed in this game and they never let me down . at the beginning I was playing with my laptop and AC is the reason why i made a new PC all by myself . Now I am happy with my hardware and entusiastic abt the game , i saw it growing like a baby , from the first days to the masterpiece it has become today . I've had many racing game before but this one is a step ahead of everyone else , I am proud of Kunos and proud of my foresight and proud of my little laptop who made me felt in love with this game , I don't care what the people says : free content , rain , dlc costs .... I really don't care , this is internet , where people likes to troll and show the worst of themselves . I can only say "thank you guys and never stop updating your work because you made something special "
............same here mate although i still game on my laptop

• Deleted member 241736

I can't wait any longer . I have been one of the few who purchased the game still under developing , I allways believed in this game and they never let me down . at the beginning I was playing with my laptop and AC is the reason why i made a new PC all by myself . Now I am happy with my hardware and entusiastic abt the game , i saw it growing like a baby , from the first days to the masterpiece it has become today . I've had many racing game before but this one is a step ahead of everyone else , I am proud of Kunos and proud of my foresight and proud of my little laptop who made me felt in love with this game , I don't care what the people says : free content , rain , dlc costs .... I really don't care , this is internet , where people likes to troll and show the worst of themselves . I can only say "thank you guys and never stop updating your work because you made something special "
nice speech, so emotional. Still play it on my laptop. I'm fascinated but really only love my wife and children followed by my guitars. Your love letter for AC is still be good and great

+1

If the game is good enough to make two guys build a PC because of it. They've definitely done something special.

Make that 3 for me too.

Number 4 here!

It didn't make me buy a new rig, since mine was already good enough, but it made me buy my drivesim equip, and start car simming. Steep learning curve was nothing new for me, since i am a flight simmer for many many years. Second favourite PC activity were always racing games like Dirt or Grid. Then AC early access came around the corner, and i thought i give it a go for 13 bucks in sale (yep, that was the price in early access steam sale). Tried to play it with my controller, but didn't really work out. So after a while - AC gathering dust in my steam lib - i figured i go for a wheel, and when i found a Momo racing wheel in Amazon for 50 bucks, i gave it a go. At this time i had a spinal injury, and couldn't do much else then sitting in front of the PC. So i went around the Nordschleife for 60 hours within 2 weeks,immediatly ordered my T300 and my Fanatec pedals after, and didn't look back since then :)
Even if there are many aspects i don't like that much, it always drags me back to AC after a while.

I got my 760GTX and third monitor to play AC on triple resolution after I tried the tech preview. It's really without equal in certain regards, one of which is a properly good interface before getting to the driving, so I could set up my hardware without having to open a bunch of ini files and tweak ffb with 3rd party addons.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%