Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Porsche .jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have, by way of Kunos own Marco Massarutto, revealed a pair of new preview images from the upcoming Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa, as well as confirming the Black Cat County track and Maserati Levante as free console downloads.

Can you tell what car is featured on the two images in this article? I'm no Porsche expert but I think I might already know... what do you think?

In other AC news, the studio have confirmed the upcoming patch for the console edition of the game will include the fantasy Black Cat County circuit, a twisting road section set in impressive rugged countryside and featuring sweeping turns protected by unforgiving steel Armco barriers. A familiar, and popular, circuit in the PC version of the game.

AC Black Cat County.jpg

As well as a the substantial list of promised bug fixes and improvements to the console version of AC, Kunos have also confirmed the upcoming update will make available the Maserati Levante free to players, another vehicle already available in the PC version of the title. The Levante is the new 3.0L V6 Sports Utility Vehicle from Italian supercar manufacturer Maserati. New for 2016 and pitched at an impressively expensive £50,000 - £60,000 price point, the car does actually produce a very interest driving experience in Assetto Corsa.

With plenty of new, free, content coming to console and a wide range of fixes designed to improve the playing experience, Assetto Corsa fans have plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks.

PC fans need not worry, Kunos are hard at work on a new build for the game and of course the much anticipated Porsche DLC packages will be heading to the sim in the near future.

The first Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC package is due to hit the sim this Autumn.

AC Porsche.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, mods, racing clubs and everything Assetto Corsa related.

Looking forward to Porsche joining the sim? Which car do you want to see the most? Will you be purchasing the season pass, or waiting to find out what will be contained in each pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I'm partial to racing cars, usually not the most popular ones to be driven virtually as outside of the F-40, I don't care for road cars. Also road cars have more widespread information and often share tires and other internals or even frames, while racing cars require more digging to find the data, therefore it's easier for the community to provide the desired road cars.

I may not buy any AC DLC but am looking forward to 917 and 917K previews, and if possible 908 and 956 ^_^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for telling me that I waste my time talking to you. Would be certainly interesting to see you run and manage a dev team, passing on something like the Porsche deal.

Now what made you think, talking to me was wasting your time. I said I would buy the cars despite a shortage of tracks from Kunos. You think 24 Porsche is a good idea as its relatively cheap to produce. I dont, this is a simple difference of opinion. One thing you need to remember, I am an Assetto Corsa fan boy and love the game. I bought a CV1, Zotac 1080 and i7 6700k + 32 Gb ram just for this and boy was it worth it :)

Hell I have told ,all my friends to buy this game over the competition which to be honest is really only rf2 :p

Managing a dev team is no different to managing a sales team which I do. each team has an alpha and that "kind of person" <Mod-Edit: removed foul language.>. you massage the egos and tell the others what to do. If you think that is difficult you really are in the wrong career.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't understand the debate about race cars and road cars. I like them all, in particular I love the history lesson AC is giving me. I love seeing how cars have developed over the decades by actually driving them in AC. Some more modern street cars can have performance on a par, similar, or better than some of the older race cars. I like comparing the older cars to average cars that I drive in the real world, my C4 van has performance on a par or better than some older performance cars, amazing progress in car development.

It's great being able to test the difference between a car like the 458 and it's GT equivalent. I think AC would be at a major loss if it only showed one variety.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%