Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Porsche .jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have, by way of Kunos own Marco Massarutto, revealed a pair of new preview images from the upcoming Porsche DLC for Assetto Corsa, as well as confirming the Black Cat County track and Maserati Levante as free console downloads.

Can you tell what car is featured on the two images in this article? I'm no Porsche expert but I think I might already know... what do you think?

In other AC news, the studio have confirmed the upcoming patch for the console edition of the game will include the fantasy Black Cat County circuit, a twisting road section set in impressive rugged countryside and featuring sweeping turns protected by unforgiving steel Armco barriers. A familiar, and popular, circuit in the PC version of the game.

AC Black Cat County.jpg

As well as a the substantial list of promised bug fixes and improvements to the console version of AC, Kunos have also confirmed the upcoming update will make available the Maserati Levante free to players, another vehicle already available in the PC version of the title. The Levante is the new 3.0L V6 Sports Utility Vehicle from Italian supercar manufacturer Maserati. New for 2016 and pitched at an impressively expensive £50,000 - £60,000 price point, the car does actually produce a very interest driving experience in Assetto Corsa.

With plenty of new, free, content coming to console and a wide range of fixes designed to improve the playing experience, Assetto Corsa fans have plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks.

PC fans need not worry, Kunos are hard at work on a new build for the game and of course the much anticipated Porsche DLC packages will be heading to the sim in the near future.

The first Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC package is due to hit the sim this Autumn.

AC Porsche.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, mods, racing clubs and everything Assetto Corsa related.

Looking forward to Porsche joining the sim? Which car do you want to see the most? Will you be purchasing the season pass, or waiting to find out what will be contained in each pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
When is AC going to provide a proper car park and parking meters to simulate driving all these shopping trolleys . may be a laser scanned golf club car park with valise service... zzzzzz

Oh man, these AC threads are always a fun read. It's like the whiners just pop out the woodwork. :D
"Waaaa more street cars waaaaa, shopping trolley, parking lot, top gear simulator waaaaa"
One look at AC car list and you see an pretty even split of race and street cars. Last DLC if I remember right had 6 race cars and 2 street cars, wow those scum at Kunos how dare they produce 2 street cars those golf buggy loving heathens...

MFW I'm in the laughing my butt off in the middle of this whining and speculation of "how they run their business to intentionally screw their innocent customers over" :poop:storm...

RFiJNyN.gif

Please never stop bring out street cars, Kunos. You're the one sim in the market that actually caters to that market. :p

Oh man, these AC threads are always a fun read. It's like the whiners just pop out the woodwork. :D
"Waaaa more street cars waaaaa, shopping trolley, parking lot, top gear simulator waaaaa"
One look at AC car list and you see an pretty even split of race and street cars. Last DLC if I remember right had 6 race cars and 2 street cars, wow those scum at Kunos how dare they produce 2 street cars those golf buggy loving heathens...

MFW I'm in the laughing my butt off in the middle of this whining and speculation of "how they run their business to intentionally screw their innocent customers over" :poop:storm...

RFiJNyN.gif

Please never stop bring out street cars, Kunos. You're the one sim in the market that actually caters to that market. :p

Haha good one, I feel the same coming here at times :p

giphy.gif

That said, where´s the actual Porche previews?

Maybe OT, I'm kinda out of the loop here but didn't they say they were working on an fictional track? Does it have anything to do with these three Porsche DLCs or is it just a separate thingy?

More from Marco:
Less than one year ago, we lived one of the most surreal days at Kunos Studios, in Vallelunga. Some people from Porsche paid us a visit, to have a closed-doors meeting that has gone forward for two days. So: me, Stefano and another programmer was discussing with Porsche in a meeting room. In the meantime, Aris was in the other side of the building, in our office, working at the simulator with one of the Ferrari engineers who created the 488 GTB, discussing about car handling, physics, features, and so on. That was, actually, a coincidence of dates, and the respective teams didn't met each other.

Two months later, a new billboard appeared on Vallelunga track, showing the new Porsche 911 Carrera S, presented a week earlier at Estoril circuit in an official event, where Porsche brought some simulators powered for the first time by Assetto Corsa.

In October 2016, after one year, both cars will be performed in our game, being reproduced as never done before. On PC, PS4, XB1.

Well, let me say: what a day.
14380143_10207121004097441_2963201445847706667_o.jpg

I love the street cars the most! Guess im not as good as most people on the sim racing games as whenever get into a proper online race I always get destroyed when racing race cars. With the street ones however I often do pretty well!

It's pretty much my default response when someone complains about road cars in games like this. I there to be racecars, but having some road cars in there is a nice change of pace.

It's pretty much my default response when someone complains about road cars in games like this. I there to be racecars, but having some road cars in there is a nice change of pace.
That's all well and good, but many of the street cars in AC are just silly. A luxury SUV? What's the appeal? Of all the cars in the Maserati lineup that's such a waste.

That's all well and good, but many of the street cars in AC are just silly. A luxury SUV? What's the appeal? Of all the cars in the Maserati lineup that's such a waste.

AFAIK Maserati wanted them to make it as a part of the licensing deal and they made it. They didn't make it for your pleasure or to rustle your jimmies either, and did not ask anyone to pay for it. If they asked you to pay for it then it would have been retarded because it would be a wasted DLC spot but clearly that's not the case. It's just a novelty car that you don't have to use because free will and all that, why do y'all get so upset and hung up over it?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 102 13.8%