Assetto Corsa Payware, Mods Approval discussion

I didn't read the entire thread but what I really hope, regarding modded cars.. is that AC will take the time to apply some kind of "censorship" to the mods.. so it will not become just like rFactor with a bunch of crap or unfinished mod..

Mod's can be REALLY good for a simulation but it also kills it on some other aspects..
:O_o:

LOL, thats the most stupid idea I ever encountered...
This will just discourage inexperienced people who want to get into modding
and in the end there will be no new modders...

better help those people if they still exist, to become better so they can produce "better quality" mods...

Back on topic ,
What do you think about this payware ?

I believe that there is a good market for good strong content ,
I also believe that places like racedepartment would be a good place to add such items as payware ,
But then there is the issues of regulating it ,

Maybe only add payware ,
That was 100% scratch made and proven from the RD threads ect ect ,
But again there is issues of branding and so on ,

Tricky subject :D
First of all I don't think RD is the right place to sell payware. Maybe good for discussions and exchange of experiences with it.
But not as a marketplace.
Payware is always a very tricky thing. And this is not only related to branding and names. Essentially are the shapes of cars already under copyright of the license owner. Especially in the case of you mod.
Like always I can be wrong with this...

First of all I don't think RD is the right place to sell payware. Maybe good for discussions and exchange of experiences with it.
But not as a marketplace.
Payware is always a very tricky thing. And this is not only related to branding and names. Essentially are the shapes of cars already under copyright of the license owner. Especially in the case of you mod.
Like always I can be wrong with this...
Our car is custom built ,
Its the only one with that shape in the world ,
Its not direct from any teams only measurements of the rules thats all ;)

RaceDepartment isn't the place to sell mods. It's a can of worms at best and the staff have enough on their plate without dealing with all that crap. Besides, if you're earning money for your work, you can pay for your own website. End of discussion, as far as I'm concerned.

Hi
On a particular website, there is a payware mod of a very popular single Group C car advertised for 32 dollars!!! It seems to be a 3D model from a existing game with some 'placeholder' sounds and probably physics as well.
The question here is who would be prepared to spend that much on a single car when a Porsche DLC pack costs much as less?

Hi
On a particular website, there is a payware mod of a very popular single Group C car advertised for 32 dollars!!! It seems to be a 3D model from a existing game with some 'placeholder' sounds and probably physics as well.
The question here is who would be prepared to spend that much on a single car when a Porsche DLC pack costs much as less?
You'd be surprised. People often forget that you and I and everyone else who spends several hours of each week on sim racing forums... we are the minority. The ultra-fans, fanboys or whatever you want to call us. A fanboy doesn't need to be obnoxious person. Anyway, there are hundreds of thousands of people who own sim racing titles but don't really understand the "community". Have you ever seen some of those websites that sell rigs and also $4,000 computer systems that you or I could build for $2,000? There are a crap load of people out there who don't care about $32 for a mod. If it's a car they really want and they have the cash...well, people wouldn't be selling mods for $32 if people weren't willing to buy $32 mods. BTW, I don't know which Group C car you're talking about or the website...but this post isn't specific to one mod/website/sim etc..

• Deleted member 130869

Back on GP4 days, a Brazilian and an Argentinian guy would download mods from grandprixgames and sell a disc with the content ready to be installed for $20-30 bucks and it would sell. Unaware customers buying it also via e-bay, etc, unaware forums existed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back