Assetto Corsa or Project Cars?

Hi!
Maybe some of you going to see me like an idiot after read this. And you´re right.
I have a low PC specs (At least for this games):

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93Ghz
4GB Ram
Sapphire Radeon R7 240 1GB DDR5
500GB Hard Disk

From your point of view tell me which one would be best for me considering these points:
  • I love the games that have a graphic realism (Specially with car damage, different weather, environment, etc).
  • I'm not very interested in the simulation (I like it, indeed, sometimes I play in car shows and I make good times) because I haven't any steering wheel for now (or something to enjoy the simulation). Indeed, I would prefer that the mouse or keyboard be an acceptable alternative.
  • I like the variety of cars and tracks. At this point I saw that AC have variety of both for the mods, but I don't know if in PC will happen the same.
  • Please don't tell me to buy something like a new processor, or video card. I won't buy anything because it's enough for the games that I have.
  • I don't know if PC will work in my computer. I saw some videos in youtube and it work, but if someone plays it in a computer like mine please tell me.
Many thanks!

Rather than buying 2 games which could be a waste of money if they don't suit your needs, Try RaceRoom Racing Experience & see how you feel about it. If you like it then you could buy AC or Pcars. I'd say it'd be a decent stepping stone up to either of the two sims as pcars *can* be rather intensive on your system.

So yeah, see how you go with RRE then consider Assetto Corsa first then Project Cars.

You did not mention if you want to play single player races or multiplayer. Or just career?

But with those specs you really need to look at older games. Which is not bad as some of the older games have free demos you can try for free. You could try r3e (raceroom racing experience). You could also try lfs. Your mouse support is probably a key thing here as some of the older titles don't necessarily offer that (mouse steering). Using your keyboard might be fine though. You could also try reiza's games which some do have free demos as well.

You could go to steam and search for simbin. You get buttloads of titles and some of them have free demos which probably allow you to check if you can setup the controls as you want. Some of those titles are also really cheap. With those free demos you can check how well it runs and how well you can control the car with keyboard.

With either pcars or ac your only way to test them is to buy them. And if you buy a steam version you can't see your game afterwards. I don't know if pcars offers boxed copy but if you really want you could buy the boxed copy and see how it runs. If it runs really bad then sell it and get some of that money back... I doubt you would enjoy either one though with that pc.

You have one upgrade option which is not that expensive. You could try getting oneof the highest rated old processors for your motherboard really cheaply. Then buy cheap used gpu. The only caveat here is that you may need to get better psu.

whynotboth.jpg

But in all seriousness, PCars will probably be the more complete game for now. AC, even though they claim it's a full release, feels like a beta, and there isn't much to do at all apart from hotlapping and track days online. The A.I. is broken, career mode is a drag... Nice cars tho, and the physics are pretty good apart from a few things they either don't simulate (brake heat/wear/fade) or react a bit weird (high speed grip). Modding is gonna pick up a lot too.

But yeah, for you I'd wait for PCars, you'll have more to do. Both games are probably similar as far as PC requirements are concerned.

pCars most complete?? what are you talking about? I have the latest pCars build and can tell you for sure that the AI is the weakest point!! It's full of bugs and sometimes even slow as hell.... it will constantly cut corners and never go fast enough like in real life! a lot of automatic pit exits will damage your car and you can do nothing about it......

I can make 100 videos to show you how pCars is buggy with its AI... almost unplayable! AC ai is much better even at this stage

p.s. i love racedepartment, but sometimes I see dozens of trollers here that provide completely false information

investors! say anything negative over at gtp, I dare ya!
I have... but I did it in a way that wasn't focused on just slamming pCARS, I just stated the problems I found and also acknowledged SMS will most likely fix these problems given time after release. A lot of the negative comments on GTP are from those that are not WMD members and their basing their opinions on YouTube videos or hearsay. Nothing wrong with pointing out a problem IF you are sure it is truly an issue (personal experience) OR your comments don't look biased. The "unbiased" part is the hard part as most everyone has preferences - it's hard to read through the bias to get to the truth. No sim is perfect and no one is saying pCARS is perfect. Every sim thread has defenders of their preferred racing sim., say something negative about AC on the AC forums, or negative comments of rFactor 2 on the rFactor forums, just be prepared to back the comments up. I feel SMS should be given time, Polyphony has had years to perfect the GT series :whistling:. I want ALL sims to succeed, it's to the virtual racers benefit.
As an example, the comments above that pCARS is almost unplayable... sorry, I have been playing pCARS for a couple years. At this stage, it may be a little hit and miss but for the most part I get some very good AI races. So, is it unplayable or not, we can argue but its not worth my time.
That's how I see it.

pCars most complete?? what are you talking about? I have the latest pCars build and can tell you for sure that the AI is the weakest point!! It's full of bugs and sometimes even slow as hell.... it will constantly cut corners and never go fast enough like in real life! a lot of automatic pit exits will damage your car and you can do nothing about it......
At least it doesn't seem as though it's still in Beta. Unlike AC. Literally none of it's features are completed right now, and they'e missing countless major simracing-related stuff.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%