Assetto Corsa on Three Screens

Derek Speare

@Simberia
UPDATE: Since the Tech Demo has been released, there is no question that AC will support three screens properly. My experience with the Tech Demo confirms that KS has nailed three screen support perfectly! TYVM, KS for implementing my request!

I have only one humble request for AC. I am sure it will be great in many aspects. However, I fear one area may not be like it should, and the recent screens don't augur well for my hope.

I would hope that AC does a perfect job at presenting the visual world across three screens like we see with iRacing and LFS. There the user has substantial control over the resolution of the display. NKP does, and the recent screens of AC across three screens look as if there is substantial warping of the display at the outer most edges.

Warping is common among Simbin's titles, and it's also existent in CARS. iRacing and LFS have no warp. I hope the future sees the same for AC.

Thank you,

Derek Speare

NB - if this is not the place for the post, please move it to where it should be posted :) :)

You need two more screens to get 180 degrees
No you don't, depend on size of screen and position of driver.
With large screen you will get the far edge of side screen at same longitudinal position thatn you'r eye, so at 90° of your head. With other side that's 90°.
but keep a realistic FOV meaning everything is in scale 1:1 Which is really what you should focus on rather then your peripheral degrees.
Fov and scale are 2 things, of course with 1:1 scale you get an even better realistic view of what happening. For scale 1:1 3 videoprojector are almost a must have to achieve.

I'm excited that KS took the time to consider the ideas we presented here and implemented them. This most recent screenshot looks fabuloso, and not only am I encouraged by the potential AC has, I am "chomping at the bit" to get my hands on it.

Many thanks to KS for hearing our call for proper three screen support...if it supports Crossfire, I will just fall over with glee :)

d

This looks great! Just think, with warped outboard screens, there would be nothing positive to say ;)

ACx3-nowarp.png

Does it support different size monitors?

Does this mean AC also supports this?:thumbsup:
http://www.oculusvr.com/
http://www.oculusvr.com/preorder/

I was also looking to go to 3 screens but then i found this,
(http://vr-zone.com/articles/oculus-rift-head-mounted-virtual-reality-dev-kit-delayed/18106.html)

i think i'll wait just a little bit longer, but offcourse there needs to be proper support for it.;)
Needless to say that if there 's gonna be decent support for it , i'll be in simracingheaven......:D

@Derek Speare the sim racing world is a bit bigger than just iracing. Those are high end product users probably but i doubt average joe runs triple screens, but lets find out. Very curious myself.

Poll time :)

The average Joe won't Play ASSETO CORSA, IRACING or LFS. But people who play these games are award of the triple screens potential. I am a 3 screens users and hope for the best too!!

Another wish, do we know if AC will work with motion Cockpit like Simxperience?? Netkar wasnt

I also believe that 3-screen is becoming more and more popular. And I also believe that many people are using different size monitors (e.g. two monitors + TV). But most of these use SoftTH software, and SoftTH is DX9, so it will not work with AC. This is why I would like to know if AC will support different size monitors.

Ok - seeing as the Tech Demo is out, how has been the three screen experience for those who use three screens?

Awesome... took me a minute to setup, really easy and doing it live ingame is pretty sweet. What I noticed though do the setting for triple screen not work in replay mode? When I watch a replay it looks completely different as in no bezel compensation, angle and all that compared to the actual driving...

One little thing which would be nice if you could simply enter the values you want with the keyboard and not fiddle with the increase/decrease buttons but it is fine the way it is maybe it was just me trying to enter the values by hand ;)

Once I discovered the existence of the "Apps Flyout" on the right of the screen when driving, I was in three screen nirvana.

KS has done a superb job with their presentation of AC across three screens. It's perfect, and my new standard for the reason that you can make the adjustments while in the car to see them right away (LFS has this feature too).

Now I'm throwing more money at the screens :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years