Assetto Corsa on 59fps, can't hit stable 60,wtf? :D

Hello gamers.

So, the gameplay is not stuttering. It's on stable 60fps when I start race and after 10-20 seconds it starts dropping, it varies from 59.50 to 59-95. It won't hit stable 60. The problem is when I record gameplay the video is stuttering, so I need stable 60fps. I played this game before on stable 60, I don't know what is the problem now.

I deleted the whole game, and steam and everything named 'steam' and 'assetto corsa'. And I installed Steam and only Assetto Corsa without anything, and it's doing the same thing.

I have nvidia rtx 2080 super and ryzen 9 5950x. I don't know what to do.. I will try to install older version of geforce experience now, it just got into my head as I'm writting this, but if anyone had this problem helpppp :D

Solution
I deleted the whole game, and steam and everything named 'steam' and 'assetto corsa'. And I installed Steam and only Assetto Corsa without anything, and it's doing the same thing.

So, when I deleted everything and installed Steam and Assetto Corsa, it wasn't working good, but I installed Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch and started game with Content Manager, it worked. So that was the solution I guess, delete everything from 'Assetto Corsa', and Steam if you don't have many games, and install all from beginning.

I put:

2560-1440
Vertical Sync ON
limit fps:60
msaa: 4x
Anisotropic filtering: 8x
World details: Very high
Shadows resolution: 1024x1024
Smoke generation: low
Reflection resolution: 512x512
Rendering...

So, when I deleted everything and installed Steam and Assetto Corsa, it wasn't working good, but I installed Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch and started game with Content Manager, it worked. So that was the solution I guess, delete everything from 'Assetto Corsa', and Steam if you don't have many games, and install all from beginning.

I put:

2560-1440
Vertical Sync ON
limit fps:60
msaa: 4x
Anisotropic filtering: 8x
World details: Very high
Shadows resolution: 1024x1024
Smoke generation: low
Reflection resolution: 512x512
Rendering frequency: Static

Enabled post-processing effects
filter: default
Overall quality: High
Glare quality: High
Depth of field: High
Motion blur: 12
Saturation:100%
FXAA ON

I'll try even better but for now this works.. :thumbsup:

Solution
Google vsynctester and let the website run the vsync test for at least 20 seconds.

It will tell you your exact Hz. That's what vsync will limit the fps to.

My monitor is 99.854 Hz instead of 100 hz for example.

If it doesn't stutter, it's working fine.

Your video recording is stuttering because it's not synced to the frames. The only program to ever record perfectly smooth is Fraps but the fps can drop a lot when recording with that at higher resolutions...

So most streamers etc are running fps way higher than 60 so the uneven stutters become shorter and almost invisible.

Last edited:
Google vsynctester and let the website run the vsync test for at least 20 seconds.

It will tell you your exact Hz. That's what vsync will limit the fps to.

My monitor is 99.854 Hz instead of 100 hz for example.

If it doesn't stutter, it's working fine.

Your video recording is stuttering because it's not synced to the frames. The only program to ever record perfectly smooth is Fraps but the fps can drop a lot when recording with that at higher resolutions...

So most streamers etc are running fps way higher than 60 so the uneven stutters become shorter and almost invisible.
Yeah some monitors are not 60 but 59.5 etc. I had the some problem that windows/gtr2 and also some other games saw my monitor as a 59 instead of a 60 .. tried other monitor and it works fine

I suppose it's not possible to reach 240 FPS with old Ivy Bridge CPU & Nvidia 1070 Ti. For some reason I think, 1070 Ti is not a problem, but CPU ?
Depends on your settings. Alone on a small track with absolutely everything on the lowest, disabled shadows, disables reflections..
Might be possible.

Realistically? No.
1070ti can achieve it but it depends on the monitor resolution. At 1080p it might be doable with medium settings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back