Assetto Corsa | New Update - BMW M2 CS Racing Files Added...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a very surprising new update to the original Assetto Corsa simulation recently... adding new liveries and.... potentially a new car!

Yup, you heard it right - a new car looks like it is heading to Assetto Corsa in the not too distant future. According to reports, the small and surprise build update for Assetto Corsa that crept onto Steam today contains a collection of new liveries for the special edition Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO car, plus some files that suggest the BMW M2 CS Racing may well be made available to players of the title in the near future.

AC ferrari.jpg

Firstly, let's talk about the Ferrari liveries. As many of you will probably know, the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO joined the simulation last year as part of the Ferrari Esport Series, and with preparations in full swing for the new series of the championship, Ferrari hosted a special edition one off 'All Stars Esport Racing Night' with various famous names from the world of racing taking part in the action out on track. With the event now complete, Kunos have taken the decision to release the liveries from the race to the main Assetto Corsa game, adding some nice additional depth to the field for this awesome car.

Fun fact, I was in the comms box for that race, alongside Charles Leclerc and Valentino Rossi!!!

In regard to the more surprising bit of news from this latest build, according to several reports the small update also added a folder within the game director called “ks_bmw_m2cs_racing” - although the folder is currently empty, this new bit of news very strongly suggests Kunos are in the midst of releasing a new car for the first time in quite a while - and a very interesting track machine at that.

So there you have it folks - life in the old dog yet!

Assetto Corsa is available now on both PC and console.

For Assetto Corsa news and chat, head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a thread today!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 22.45.31.jpeg

Last edited:
Last year we also saw the official release of the KTM X-BOW GT4. Those updates really show that AC is still going strong, especially due to the amazing community and the content they provide us, sim racers.
Honestly, it is incredible the amount and quality of many mods released for Assetto Corsa!

If you haven't already, you can check out the info about the KTM and download it here: KTM Release Official Free X-Bow GT4 Mod For Assetto Corsa | RaceDepartment

With the addition of some new cars in the past few yrs and the growing popularity of the title.
It would be nice to see Kunos remaster the game, work with the modding community to incorporate a few and give it a good polishing

that would be awesome.

surely they could put their minds and efforts into bringing certain things up to 2021 level, the bedrock is so sublime!

If the community would know how to fix the start to first corner AI carnage it would be a great sim.
So much diverse high quality content.
Even though the driving physics are just as diverse as the cars.
Some great, mostly ok, some aweful.
If it got more than 2 wheels, you can find a mod for it on AC.
I think the DEV's scratched their head when the seen how the community brought the whole experience to another level.

Last edited:
OK, so created a profile here at RD in 2014 just for the purpose of downloading mods to AC.

Then begun following RD foras a couple of years ago. Which as a consequnce made me buy all of the new stuff ACC, rF2, iRacing, R3E, PC, PC2 and latest AMS2. Before I played AC and SimRaceway and a tiny bit iRacing but really settled back to rF1- and especially the GTR2 universe of mods. GTR2 and rF1 was my 'base' so to say.

This RD forum has made me just primarily testing modern sims but now settling back with AC as my 'base' instad of rf1 and GTR2 (ok still plays GTR2 I must confess), with the deep ocean of mods and tools AC modders so diligently delivers ('thanks' is so a little word).

As well as GPL, rF1 and GTR2 will never die, same can be said about AC for sure!
And indeed with tools as Content Manager, CSP, Sol, Natural Mod Filter, Lights mod, etc., my impression is that AC surely is competitive to newer standards.
In fact I find some AI jobs are very fine, depends of course of the track AI work, but e.g. a Interlagos track-mod and Porsche GT3 Cup series I've had very fine and close racing with the AI's just recently with my new simrig gear.

Now I mentioned a standard car package. But in fact, as per for GTR2, rF1, I very rarely do AC sim in standard Kunos packages. For all three games (and more simbin games) the mods are what brings those older sims to life for me.

And not expecting a standard package update for AC in 2021, this is really a surprise - have to try it out this weekend.

Kudos to Kunos :inlove:

Last edited:
Well, one of the devs said it was a little mistake. They are building some cars for clients still, some make it to public - like the KTM and Ferrari - some don't. That's because building is one part, licensing the other. At the moment it is not planned to release the BMW publically. The folder just slipped through on accident.
That being said, it was originally not planned to release the Ferrari either, so who knows what might happen, just don't get your hopes up too high.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.0%
  • €3001-5000