Assetto Corsa | New Update - BMW M2 CS Racing Files Added...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a very surprising new update to the original Assetto Corsa simulation recently... adding new liveries and.... potentially a new car!

Yup, you heard it right - a new car looks like it is heading to Assetto Corsa in the not too distant future. According to reports, the small and surprise build update for Assetto Corsa that crept onto Steam today contains a collection of new liveries for the special edition Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO car, plus some files that suggest the BMW M2 CS Racing may well be made available to players of the title in the near future.

AC ferrari.jpg

Firstly, let's talk about the Ferrari liveries. As many of you will probably know, the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO joined the simulation last year as part of the Ferrari Esport Series, and with preparations in full swing for the new series of the championship, Ferrari hosted a special edition one off 'All Stars Esport Racing Night' with various famous names from the world of racing taking part in the action out on track. With the event now complete, Kunos have taken the decision to release the liveries from the race to the main Assetto Corsa game, adding some nice additional depth to the field for this awesome car.

Fun fact, I was in the comms box for that race, alongside Charles Leclerc and Valentino Rossi!!!

In regard to the more surprising bit of news from this latest build, according to several reports the small update also added a folder within the game director called “ks_bmw_m2cs_racing” - although the folder is currently empty, this new bit of news very strongly suggests Kunos are in the midst of releasing a new car for the first time in quite a while - and a very interesting track machine at that.

So there you have it folks - life in the old dog yet!

Assetto Corsa is available now on both PC and console.

For Assetto Corsa news and chat, head over to the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a thread today!

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-03 at 22.45.31.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Can you please tell me where I can find the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO car mod and the liveries that were posted on Steam, I cannot seem to find the livery DLC on steam.

Thanks
GM
It was a steam DLC code. If you didn't join in time you have to either find someone with an unused code (honestly i wish i had joined with several accounts to have a stash of them) or you have to wait until Kunos releases the car for free. Yes you could ask someone to upload the car files but that still wont let you join servers with the car i think.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%