Assetto Corsa: New Mazda MX5 Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Mazda MX5 @ Silverstone.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have released several preview images of the new Mazda MX5 due to form part of the upcoming JDM DLC for Assetto Corsa.

Forming part of a Japanese DLC package, the 2016 World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year will be making its debut in Kunos' racing simulator on the 18th of May. The little MX5 has proven to be a popular choice for several years now in racing titles such as iRacing, and there is no reason why AC's version should prove to be any less popular with fans of the game.

The 2015 MX5 is a nimble 129hp rear wheel drive sports car that should encourage close on-track action whilst providing an entertaining driving experience. Kunos have indicated the JDM Car Pack will also include a more performance oriented MX5 Cup Car - a 155hp dedicated racing version of the little MX5 road-going equivalent.

RaceDepartment.com have our own dedicated Assetto Corsa forum where you will find discussions and news items, a comprehensive mods section and our very own Racing Club. Head over and take a tour!

Assetto Corsa Mazda MX5 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda MX5 Interior.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda MX5 Rear.jpg Assetto Corsa Mazda MX5.jpg

Are you looking forward to trying the MX5 2016 in Assetto Corsa? Will you be purchasing the JDM DLC? Which car are you most excited to try? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the price is right I might still get it.

Tracks take time sure, last year they produced and sold Nords, Brands and Barcelona. Yes they updated already released tracks to their new standard but this year they've still slowed down production, and it's noteworthy that they're releasing DLC without an accompanying track.

Definitely looking forward to this, I've always had a fondness of Japanese cars. I love the MX-5 and actually own a 2005 Mazdaspeed version in real life. Curious to see how it compares to the ND, which is about 200 lb lighter and 40 less horsepower. The other cars in the pack sound great as well, can't wait to whip them around my favorite tracks.

I wonder how much it's going to cost considering it doesn't come with a cool new track to try these new JDM toys out on.

Tbh, i'm more excited for the 1.6 than the dlc, but just because i love race cars. Still waiting for the F1 showed in a video some time ago and hoping for a Ferrari GT3. Hope for a new tire model, possibly similar to this but with better temperatures.

Which kind of F1 did they show? Right now I think we have every major era covered with very decent mods...

Was really hoping for Suzuka to go with the Japanese theme. That would fit in with the other major circuits we already saw and it's been on the F1 calendar for a very long time.

A track for this dlc pack isn't needed in my opinion. Is because not long ago we got the Black Cat County and the updates to all the other circuits. Which already gives me plenty of places to drive and race these cars.
Without talking about the good number of Japanese style tracks/hillclimbs/touge from the modding community.
I don't see Suzuka fitting with the cars from this Japanese Pack. That track is more for Formula and GT racing. Besides, we are getting RedBull Ring at beginning of July as they hinted in dev blog 3/3 some time ago.

I get that people are used to Japanese cars from other racing games, normally on consoles. But since I never got to drive those cars properly, now I get the chance of such cars with a steering wheel in this game.

Which kind of F1 did they show? Right now I think we have every major era covered with very decent mods...

Was really hoping for Suzuka to go with the Japanese theme. That would fit in with the other major circuits we already saw and it's been on the F1 calendar for a very long time.
In the Announcement video for consoles they showed a ferrari f1. I don't remember the year, but since they showed it on the console video, i believe it will come with the console release or before than that.

Is there someone having info for getting the Honda license?
I have a S2000 2005 and love this car and would be great to have it in AC. No sim have this car and don't know why! Would be a great addition with Lotus, AlphaRomeo, etc

Is there someone having info for getting the Honda license?
I have a S2000 2005 and love this car and would be great to have it in AC. No sim have this car and don't know why! Would be a great addition with Lotus, AlphaRomeo, etc
Not currently though im sure its up there for one of the brands that people may want. I guess the sales for this pack will ultimately show kunos what the demand for the japanese brands is like.

Okay, you all have to quit bugging them, otherwise we will never see a console release. And then you will never see the big bucks improve your game and thus relegate Forza to Mario Cart status, where it should be. :)

So little positive reaction or any reaction about the RX-7 while this was my first choice to buy as second hand car in Gran Turismo and upgrade throughout the game. Iconic for Mazda and tuners. I just know I will paint one :D.
Fast and Furious anyone? Vin Diesel's first ride in the movie series....almost forgot how arcade the racing looked :roflmao::p

So little positive reaction or any reaction about the RX-7 while this was my first choice to buy as second hand car in Gran Turismo and upgrade throughout the game. Iconic for Mazda and tuners. I just know I will paint one :D.
Fast and Furious anyone? Vin Diesel's first ride in the movie series....almost forgot how arcade the racing looked :roflmao::p
Yes love the RX-7!
I didn't mention it but it would fit perfectly with the S2000!
I

Yes love the RX-7!
I didn't mention it but it would fit perfectly with the S2000!
I
I think Toyota GT86 vs Mazda RX-7 will be interesting. Though the RX-7 outperforming (+50hp if it's the twin turbo) and underweighing (-200kg) the GT86, its suspension and technical aspects are 15 years older which should mean the Toyota will gain in grip and manoevrability, right?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.3%