Assetto Corsa Mods: The Community 'Must Have' Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
10,000_AC_mods.jpg

With the 10,000 + mod uploads milestone reached here at RaceDepartment, we want to know your thoughts on your 'must have' Assetto Corsa mods...

We recently reported on the incredible milestone reached by the Assetto Corsa modding community - 10,000 uploads here at RaceDepartment, and to follow up on that impressive feat we thought it might be fun to reach out to the community and ask which mods you would recommend to a fellow sim racer.

Assetto Corsa Mods: Check out the AC Mods Download section HERE.

Often the cars and tracks get all the attention from the community - but in Assetto Corsa the variety of mods is quite incredible. Cars, tracks, skins, apps, shader mods, weather.. the list is almost endless. In fact it can sometimes be quite overwhelming for new sim racers to understand what the exceptional content is, so let's make it easier for them!

Please use the comments section below to highlight and link the RaceDepartment.com hosted mods you think are absolutely 'must have' for a current Assetto Corsa player.

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

AC Mods 1.jpg
AC Mods 3.jpg
AC Mods 2.jpg
AC Mods 4.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Alfie, my opinion doesn't really adhere to the *mod quality* of the mod, so you could argue Kenny is being fair, given that my opinions which have to do with the *simulation quality* of the mod are offtopic. Hence why I stopped posting about it. :thumbsup:

Just posting before a bandwagon starts.

• Deleted member 503495

• The properly made Sauber C9, the Sprint version released years ago by burrito
  • The Ferrari F2002
  • McLaren MP4/4 by SennaHonda_1988
  • Donington Park
  • Riverside
  • Watkins Glen
  • Real Billboards & Stuff by darkyjoe
  • Last, I suppose, SOL + Custom Shaders

• Deleted member 748322

With all the modding available for Assetto Corsa, I can have a Blancpain championship, as well as a WTCR, WEC, F1, F2 and F3 Championships.;)
Here are the mods I use:
Content Manager
Sol & Shaders Patch
Wet Mod
Deems (season packs)
Sidekick
CrewChief
F1_Drs app (from F1-mania.ru, as support for DRS in formula 1, 2 and 3 races)

also, some cars, tracks and skins (of course)

@Xedrox makes beautiful skins and other mods. Even better, he sometimes releases them as packs. His two Ruf Yellowbird Porsche skinpacks make this intimidating car enticing - the 19 skins are of the highest quality.

Ruf Yellowbird - Porsche Skinpack 1 version 1.0

1-a-jpg.140913

Ruf Yellowbird - Porsche Skinpack 2 version 1.0

2-a-jpg.140917

Those are real slick, almost makes me wanna port over the relevant changes from my 964/Singer physics and make a real Yellowbird to replace the monstrosity we have currently. Maybe I'll even do it...

My favourites at the moment:

IER P13c:

VRC Prototypes:

Just got back into playing AC now i have an Index and have sated my appetite with other titles... anyways, never modded AC before and so i've gone through this thread and downloaded some of the amazing mods recommended by everyone.

Just wanted to throw in a big big thanks to all those modders that have put in the time, blood, sweat and no doubt tears into some of these awesome creations. I'll be going through all my downloaded mods systematically and hitting them all up with a donation.

Gotta love the internet and this awesome community... !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%