Assetto Corsa: Modding Tools Released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
03-silverstone-jpg.54277

Kunos Simulazioni have released a new version of their popular PC simulator Assetto Corsa. This bi-weekly update brings the much awaited modding tools the sim racing community.

The new build brings several fixes and finally welcomes the modding community thanks to the inclusion of the Assetto Corsa SDK dedicated to 3rd party productions for tracks. Initially scheduled to be included in Assetto Corsa 1.0, the editor has been released in advance, in order to assist all those modders who are already working to their home-made tracks.

The Assetto Corsa SDK is available for download in the Steam Library > Tools \ Tab, and includes a free sample track for training and testing. If you haven't seen it already, check out the earlier posted SDK video tutorial.

Assetto Corsa now on sale at the RaceDepartment Store
Grab this PC racing simulator by the horns as we have discounted Assetto Corsa which saves you five Euros compared to the retail price.

Assetto Corsa now sales for an amazing low price of only EUR 29,99 and you can purchase your copy directly from the RaceDepartment Store here.

Community, Mods and More!
For more information on Assetto Corsa make sure to check out the forums, share your favorite videos and photos in the media gallery, download the latest available mods from the resource manager and of course join us online for daily racing action in the racing club.

Cars cannot be done with THIS editor, unfortunately.
In fact you cannot actually make a track with this either.
What this editor is for, is assigning materials, and certain settings to tracks you import from other 3d apps.

You still have to make your track in 3dsMax/ blender/ c4d/ lightwave.. Then export as FBX. Then you load the editor and essentially write the Json file just by clicking in a few boxes rather than by hand. i think you can also add your start points and time gates and things...but im not 100% sure on that .
Then when you have all that ready you can tell the editor to save as KN5 (assetto format)

Its working like they say.I have only a small problem hahaha The track is loading fine but soon after that the car drops through the track surface in the pits...i cant figure what to do...Other than this..the editor is so so easy to use..i wasnt expecting that.:thumbsup:

EDIT Found the problem and now all is working fine (object has to be named "1ROADx" where "x" is any number you want.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years