Assetto Corsa: Modding Tools Preview

Kunos Simulazioni have released a video on their official Youtube channel showing the editor basics of the eagerly awaited modding tools of their PC simulator Assetto Corsa.

In the eleven minutes long video Simone Trevisiol shows the modding community the many different options and features of how to edit a custom built racing circuit.

The easy to use UI powered by the game's engine will allow modders to actually see all the changes they are making to their projects.

I am so glad I don't understand a single second of the content of that video.

Glad we have modders in the community that do and will use this video to create wonderful things in the future for others :inlove:

Well, perhaps not this video :p But certainly, I've got some modding projects of my own lined up for it, and can't wait to see how that turns out at long last. :)

So thats mean we can have all the tracks & cars in the world in the future & at the same time no one need to worry about license issue ??

If this the case i might need to boycott AC because i will never going to finish this game consider my progress actually very slow .. so far play only 4 combo after more than 6 months :cry:

If this the case i might need to boycott AC because i will never going to finish this game consider my progress actually very slow .. so far play only 4 combo after more than 6 months :cry:

Well, I bought AC at Christmas time, and I just took the BMW Z4 out for the first time if you can believe that. I don't get to race that often, so I don't have that many miles, but I've still only driven about 1/2 the cars.

More tracks, new environments would be nice, but I think there are enough cars. (It was so freaking fun too... love this game.)

Well, I bought AC at Christmas time, and I just took the BMW Z4 out for the first time if you can believe that. I don't get to race that often, so I don't have that many miles, but I've still only driven about 1/2 the cars.

More tracks, new environments would be nice, but I think there are enough cars. (It was so freaking fun too... love this game.)
All i know is that sooner or later i will get the Codemaster Grid Autosport that going to release next month and then Pcars & F1 2014 few months later & somehow i know i wont have time to really play all this game :whistling:

I actually bought another sim before AC, The Game Stock Car Extreme and so far i actually only spend like 10hrs on it :D

Forget to say i a hardcore FPS player too but there also some FPS game that i have bought like BF4 that i havent really play yet & not even half way playing Borderland 2. Suddenly I found myself more like a game collector than actually a player :D

Forget to say i a hardcore FPS player too but there also some FPS game that i have bought like BF4 that i havent really play yet & not even half way playing Borderland 2. Suddenly I found myself more like a game collector than actually a player :D

Tangent: I am playing BF4 now, I don't play FPS games much, so I missed the whole CoD thing up to now, but I reallllllyyy like BF4 (I also got BF3 and BF:BC2 really cheap, so I'm working my way backwards...)

Modding in AC: I hope the community manages the mod process well with regards to releasing new versions of mods. Project Cars is great, it updates just about every day automatically. That works for me. RFactor 2 is a train wreck. Getting new tracks and installing and updating is more difficult than it needs to be. I know they put a lot of effort into that mod process, but ouch, it hurts.

Heh, i understood 99% of that video. All he was really doing was creating the Json file without having to type it all by hand, those boxes he was clicking and altering down the side are the bits of info you have to currently put in the Json file by hand to say what textures are used in the matrials

Its very similar stuff to general 3d modelling apps, like 3ds Max and C4D

Heh, i understood 99% of that video. All he was really doing was creating the Json file without having to type it all by hand, those boxes he was clicking and altering down the side are the bits of info you have to currently put in the Json file by hand to say what textures are used in the matrials
Yeah, tbh I would be more excited if it was things the Blender exporter's not capable of, like adding animations and car physics tools. It's not really going to change what modders are capable of, just make it a bit easier to do a good job on tracks.

which is all most modders need :)
TBH im not even making mine in blender, im doing all mine in a much better 3d app, then exporting it to blender JUST so i can export it to KN5 format.
If there was a way to make the exporter work with my 3d app of choice id do that...

So, is Race Track Builder the easiest way to do good copy of real track (not perfect, but acceptable)? How about, if I would like to do it for free? Is it even possible?

I have just few very simple tracks I would like to do, so that they can be driven in AC. I'm not interested to do every tree or building, just the track. Those tracks are not even in google maps, so if I do one by putting track map as background, is there any chance to scale it after it's finished? I mean that, if I have otherwise quite good track, but it is for example 100 meters too long, can you just scale it down?

So, is Race Track Builder the easiest way to do good copy of real track (not perfect, but acceptable)? How about, if I would like to do it for free? Is it even possible?

I have just few very simple tracks I would like to do, so that they can be driven in AC. I'm not interested to do every tree or building, just the track. Those tracks are not even in google maps, so if I do one by putting track map as background, is there any chance to scale it after it's finished? I mean that, if I have otherwise quite good track, but it is for example 100 meters too long, can you just scale it down?

Been ages since I used Bob´s Track Builder, but yes, you can build and scale fine tracks for your purpose.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%