Assetto Corsa: McLaren Previews, New Features

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that saw night? And working lights. I knew all this extra time was going to be worth the wait.

That is just dusk I would say and we saw working head lights before but they don't make any light on the road yet... (not sure how to say that in english, I hope you know what I mean :D)

One more thing I noticed :p

clean car...
http://www.racedepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/McLaren-MC12-C-GT3-8.jpg

dirty car...
http://www.racedepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/McLaren-MC12-C-GT3-15.jpg

question is if there is dirt build up or just a general dirty livery for racing vs. clean for showroom :D But seeing as other screens show clean cars on track I'd say there is dirt build up... It would be really cool :thumbsup:

That is just dusk I would say and we saw working head lights before but they don't make any light on the road yet... (not sure how to say that in english, I hope you know what I mean :D)

One more thing I noticed :p

clean car...
http://www.racedepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/McLaren-MC12-C-GT3-8.jpg

dirty car...
http://www.racedepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/McLaren-MC12-C-GT3-15.jpg

question is if there is dirt build up or just a general dirty livery for racing vs. clean for showroom :D But seeing as other screens show clean cars on track I'd say there is dirt build up... It would be really cool :thumbsup:

Ooh, good spot dude. We've seen dirty Schubert BMWs before, but I'd always assumed it was part of the skin. Would be absolutely awesome to have dirt buildup on the cars ;)

Ooh, good spot dude. We've seen dirty Schubert BMWs before, but I'd always assumed it was part of the skin. Would be absolutely awesome to have dirt buildup on the cars ;)

yeah me too... I don't want to get any hopes up though but it kinda looks real dirt build up. There is atleast a difference in those pics...

I should really go to bed but I noticed one more thing, there is a typo under each McLaren screenshot, it says "manifactured"... so incase someone has Marcos e-Mail adress ;)

still missing these flames... but hopefully we will have them!
Karim+Ojjeh+Blancpain+GT+Endurance+Series+qAWP9RFaFzGl.jpg

I am not seeing anything in the "showroom" which is different to being on track? Opening doors for example also works on track from that we have seen before.. This is not like a "photo mode" ala pcars....​
Why do say Project Cars has a photo mode? I think Assetto Corsa is a much better sim as of now but pcars has no enhanced graphics mode or photo mode. I took these screenshots all of from gameplay: http://imgur.com/a/WRqDx

These new Assetto Corsa screenshots look awesome though!! I cannot wait for the release!

Why do say Project Cars has a photo mode? I think Assetto Corsa is a much better sim as of now but pcars has no enhanced graphics mode or photo mode. I took these screenshots all of from gameplay: http://imgur.com/a/WRqDx

Well I was under the impression that there were graphics settings to make these kind of screenshots (ultra something with super high polygon models and stuff, atleast it was like that a long time ago), it certainly doesn't look anything like that when I drive it. Sorry if there is no special screenshot mode then I was wrong, I thought it was :redface:

still missing these flames... but hopefully we will have them!
I am pretty sure they will be there, we saw it on other cars before :cool:

And....:D
@Luca_Sodano said:
The flamethrower (MP4-12C GT3) has got its cockpit sounds. Let's make the external ones and then... Huayra. Scared. :D :D :D

wow, this game will bring my poor old graphics card to its knees, I can smell it going up in flames already. but if with reduced settings it still looks as good as iR, I'll be fine.

The tech Demo runs really well , even with AA and graphics on medium-high I get 80-90FPS constant and I am on an i5 with GTX460.

It actually seems to run in a comparable way to i-racing on my system , which is surprising as AC has more dynamic lighting and I believe far better shadows.

I think with game engines now we have gotten to a point where the more demanding processing / effects are generally optional rather than core to the game or basic visuals.

So unless you intend to play with 4+AA large amounts of filtering, large amounts of motion bluer / DOF , or varouse other effects you should be able to run it on a fairly moderate pc and have it still look quite nice.

9 months time will probably be a good time to buy a new graphics card as the new consoles will be out and we will be able to see which cards can best handle the console ports.

The ps4 and Xbone both use ATI/AMD graphics cards so it might be the case that for console ports at least that a AMD graphics card runs those games better. Having said that the latest Pc graphics cards are already way above the console spec and console games are hardly my priority when it comes to pc gaming :)

personally I would'nt use the techdemo as any sort of comparison to the full game, here's a few reasons why:

- techdemo is X months old now and was produced ages ago
- there would've been much advancement in optimisation since the TD
- Extra features in v1.0 that were not in the TD that will cause FPS loss
- it was one car on one track, bot you and 15 others online/AI

Sure you can treat the TD as a base but personally I'm paying no attention to the performance from that at all, reasons are the points made above.

Treat the v1.0 Demo as the benchmark when it gets released.

Dennis P.
"I am not seeing anything in the "showroom" which is different to being on track? Opening doors for example also works on track from what we have seen before.. This is not like a "photo mode" ala pcars…."

These new Assetto Corsa screenshots look awesome though!! I cannot wait for the release!

You don't wanna say that it is constant lvl of graphics in pCARS? I always thought it's from some photo mode, or other trick like changing LOD while zooming in... (I hope they weren't modified with PS).

Have to admit it looks stunning - I love taking photos in racing games since NFS4 (because I love both cars and photography) and GT5 and Shift2 looked really nice on some screenshots (actually so nice that you could mistake them with real photos...).
Btw. you've got great eye and good ideas for composition (placement of objects in the photo... I'm not sure what's proper english word for this one) of the photos.

pCars looks stunning but I'm not so sure about optimization in the end product. On the other hand I'm quite sure about AC's optimization - in TD it was already very good and I'm sure in 1.0 it will be even better (now with much more better looking colours! I really like what Stefano did - in TD colours were a little bit washed out...)!

Thanks betterstranger. Those are unedited gameplay shots. I never use PS either. The trick is too find the right angle and lighting where everything looks really good. Also the cars look much better than the tracks so it of course does not look as good from the cockpit and you would have to have a high end computer to run it at those settings with AI. I hope pcars will become more optimized too.

I really like how AC looks now as well and I think the tracks look better in motion than the tracks in pcars. Pcar tracks have a long way to go though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back