Assetto Corsa: McLaren MP4-12C Screenshot and Video

So you didn't play Netkar (other than free demo) and haven't played the TP but want videos and samples of code in order to decide if AC will be any good.

I guess the snippet of the Mclaren's wing was big news to me because it confirmed active aero in AC...I already know the driving is amazing from Netkar Pro, FVA, and the TP.

Thing is, active aero is a tiny element of all the things they will really need to do to simulate the MP4 12C properly.

I'd really like to hear more news on things like how well simulated cars are.

Or is it just going to end up like many other games where it's all made up values that make cars feel about right but that is it?
Or are the team really looking at each car and trying to copy it closely.

The MP4 12C wing video just makes me want to ask more questions. What is the logic for application for example? Did they get manufacturer data on it? Maybe the design flow-chart for the operation?
Or do they just make it all up?

All interesting stuff and none of it is being discussed at all which is just surprising really given the motivation of most on here is the physics side of stuff rather than metallic paint shaders and stuff :D

Dave

you have all these questions for the developers yet won't spend a few dollars to try their products...

Considering Aris said that modding would basically be taking the real world numbers and plugging them into the software and the fact he is modeling 16 active aero units on the Pagaini tells me that real data is important to them.

For some of those questions you already have an answer if you were paying attention.You might be joined late and missed that but its easy to search the threads and read about it.Watch videos from Gamescom with interviews and you will find some of the answers.
I dont know about you,but so far for me it looks like the racing simulator is evolving adding more realism with every "tiny element" as you said....
Its possible that,after the Demo is released,we will hear some more info about how things work and i belive many of the questions will be answered.just have pacience.To know everything right now does not help you in any way besides feeding your curiosity.

I'm more than happy to wait. I won't be excited till I'm driving it and looking in data files to see fantastical levels of detail in the scripting and systems for ABS, ESP, aero, suspension variants etc etc...

Yes, active aero we can see, but what about stuff we can't see?

Again, the 12C suspension. I'm just interested more than anything. I just don't get why they are happy to show us millions of pictures but nothing else about the physics systems etc.

Dave

They can't share details about how this stuff works with modders yet, because it's always being tweaked and refined. Can I ask you, when was the last time this sort of detailed technical information about a sim was revealed months before its (projected) release? Honestly, from a modder's point of view and someone who is relatively new to Kunos' products, I couldn't be happier with the information they've given us up until now. Yes, it would be great to find these details out (trust me, I'm dying to!) but we have to respect the fact that they're still working on it so can't reveal it yet. I guarantee, it will be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Sorry it is hard to buy that.They just took a step back from modding,Remember when they were around this forum offering to answer questions?
were they not busy back then?

They have willingly distanced themselves from the community.

You can't build so many cars while you still tweak and refine your core system...
Even in the most flexible and modular system
Once a change is done,all the cars have to be tweaked all over.

This is just an excuse not to cover the modding specifics.
They have refused to release the modding tools in the past saying that we might have to do stuff all over for the final version.
Well it is understandable.... They could share them and let us decide for ourselves.

again the post technical demo Kunos, seems very different than when they started...

I hope it gets delayed some more; my stock in Kleenex keeps going higher and higher.

If you want to get started on a mod that you will have to redo over and over start playing with rfactor2.

edit: I hate to sound harsh but it upsets me when the guys show us screens of cars that are being worked on right now and are trying to make a complete game that many people will enjoy and people are crying because they won't release it right now, borked or not. How about playing Netkar and appreciating what these guys are able to do.

Sorry it is hard to buy that.They just took a step back from modding,Remember when they were around this forum offering to answer questions?
were they not busy back then?

They have willingly distanced themselves from the community.

You can't build so many cars while you still tweak and refine your core system...
Even in the most flexible and modular system
Once a change is done,all the cars have to be tweaked all over.

This is just an excuse not to cover the modding specifics.
They have refused to release the modding tools in the past saying that we might have to do stuff all over for the final version.
Well it is understandable.... They could share them and let us decide for ourselves.

again the post technical demo Kunos, seems very different than when they started...

not sure if serious :D

I hope it gets delayed some more; my stock in Kleenex keeps going higher and higher.

If you want to get started on a mod that you will have to redo over and over start playing with rfactor2.

edit: I hate to sound harsh but it upsets me when the guys show us screens of cars that are being worked on right now and are trying to make a complete game that many people will enjoy and people are crying because they won't release it right now, borked or not. How about playing Netkar and appreciating what these guys are able to do.

Eventually I might end up in rf2, for now its GTR2.

The point is not to do the mod again and again, but to get the grasp of the tools and how they work. especially since AC is a new entry for modding scene. There will have to be a learning period.

Normally It would be their interest to do that since once AC is released, there will be much more content available.No?

Don't be upset, it is just a different opinion than yours,you can disagree.and or try to prove me wrong.
Other than the speculation bits regarding engine tweaks-modding system ,you can't...
Things happened that way.

@ Dennis, I'm serious...very...

Sorry it is hard to buy that.They just took a step back from modding

Modding did seem to be a core offering when the license count was low, since it made sense.

Now license count is growing more and more as time passes it feels like modding might take a back seat or even be removed (at a licensees request?)

And as time goes on the need to make an ROI means more chances of modding taking a back seat and being replaced by profitable DLC etc.

Not wishing to be negative, I wish the KS team all the best with this.

But the lack of communicating with lovers of modding sends out clear signals that they don't care so much about modding more and more as time moves on. If that is the case then I'm just gonna have to wait till after release on reports to see if it's modder friendly or not.

Dave

But the lack of communicating with lovers of modding sends out clear signals that they don't care so much about modding more and more as time moves on.

Dave

I think you are overeacting...and for the last few posts i read from you,your negativism is obvious.
The fact that this SIM isnt yet released meaning that they still work on it,might keep them verry busy.The answers will come but no,people wants it NOW...demands it....outrageous....:thumbsdown:
Can i ask you,what will you do with your answers if you get them now?Do you have the tools to put the ideas in practice? Or is it just that" you have to know"?

I'd just like to know.

A screenshot is a visual information provision, but not everyone is into pictures. Some people like to be fed other information to keep the excited.

You'd complain if there were no screenshots or track lists or car lists, so let me complain about the things that I'm passionate about, physics and car modelling :D

Dave

Then do your passion at least in moddeling because in physics there is nothing you can do right now,At least when you say something like "lack of communicating with lovers of modding sends out clear signals" at least talk for yourself and dont put everyone of us in your category please.

Hehe don't worry I've seen the graphics editor already... I really like what they have done with it from the looks of the sub-menus etc.

More stuff like that would be more up my street than the usual car looking fantastic with DOF/blurry wheels and stuff hehe :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%