Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Mod - Maserati Birdcage .jpg

A incredible car has finally made it into Assetto Corsa - the stunning "Birdcage" Maserati.

Developed from scratch by RaceDepartment community member @Pessio, this beautiful vintage racing machine is available to download HERE from the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum.

Developed for Assetto Corsa over a very short period of time indeed, the "Birdcage" is one of the most iconic and dramatic GT racing cars of the last century, a fan favourite wherever it races and one of the more successful cars from the Italian marque during the late 1950's / early 1960's.

Currently available for Assetto Corsa players to download, go grab yourself an armful of opposite lock and enjoy motor racing as is should be - sideways and leaving big black lines of rubber behind you!

Assetto Corsa Mod - Maserati Birdcage 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Mod - Maserati Birdcage 3.jpg

To catch up with the latest modding action for Assetto Corsa, head on over to the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum and see what magic the community have cooked up for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I can only say thank you all, guys.
Building this car, and mini too, turned out to be a big crazy adventure.
It s a crazy sensation, i woke up late, just a bit of hangover and found my mod in RD homepage.

It is a beautiful model Pessio

Really top level indeed. Thank you!
Looks accurate and drives like I imagine the real car does.
Only negative (small one) is the sound, not really deep enough but I can live with that.
:thumbsup:
The Birdcage first caught my imagination when the Camoradi car won the Nurburgring 1000K, then went on to clean up in the US. The all time favorite Tipo 61 for me is the Le Mans 'Streamliner', a very clever attempt at minimizing the windscreen height introduced at LM.

Reactions: Dux
  • Deleted member 955978

Just checked, even with clutchless shifting.
Broke the gearbox after 7 corners...
But yeah, heel and toe is only needed when going from 2 to 1...
Odd.

You made it look easy, Andy :D Also bump up saturation for more green Goodwood :D I think I have made it too desaturated, or perhaps had saturation up when I made it, not sure. Though I know many people for some reason like less colour.

Thanks! Out braked myself into Lavant corer a bit but other than that it was ok, I think. I just leave saturation on 98%, I don't bother changing it track to track. I used to run it even lower but the last time I felt some track or other looked a little cartoonish and turned it down was way before SOL and CSP so maybe I should give 100% a go again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 103 13.9%