RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Assetto Corsa: Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" Mod Released

Fantastic car to drive. Way better than all the modern cars. Now I have to decide whether to battle the Tipo or the T70 around the ring. Hard decision.

Fat-Alfie

Premium
This isn't the first Type 61 made for AC. There was already a mod out there, with the Type 60 and 61 cars, uploaded by "Velo's mods" more than a year ago. I don't know if it was 100% his work or some conversion/ripoff though.

I would guess at 'rip', and it's gone from their website :whistling:

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
Premium
I can only say thank you all, guys.
Building this car, and mini too, turned out to be a big crazy adventure.
It s a crazy sensation, i woke up late, just a bit of hangover and found my mod in RD homepage.

It is a beautiful model Pessio

wombat999

Premium
Really top level indeed. Thank you!
Looks accurate and drives like I imagine the real car does.
Only negative (small one) is the sound, not really deep enough but I can live with that.
:thumbsup:
The Birdcage first caught my imagination when the Camoradi car won the Nurburgring 1000K, then went on to clean up in the US. The all time favorite Tipo 61 for me is the Le Mans 'Streamliner', a very clever attempt at minimizing the windscreen height introduced at LM.

Reactions: Dux
D

Deleted member 955978

Just checked, even with clutchless shifting.
Broke the gearbox after 7 corners...
But yeah, heel and toe is only needed when going from 2 to 1...
Odd.

Just stunning work. Tremendous, challenging fun to drive. The only problem is that now I want more, many more vintage 50's and 60's cars.

This isn't the first Type 61 made for AC. There was already a mod out there, with the Type 60 and 61 cars, uploaded by "Velo's mods" more than a year ago. I don't know if it was 100% his work or some conversion/ripoff though.
That was a rip from rFactor's Historix mod. The model was one of the few scratchbuilt cars in Historix.

Had my first go in the car, it's good fun! I was surprised at how effective the brakes are but I guess 600kg doesn't take much stopping.

Here's an onboard around Goodwood

mantasisg

Premium
You made it look easy, Andy :D Also bump up saturation for more green Goodwood :D I think I have made it too desaturated, or perhaps had saturation up when I made it, not sure. Though I know many people for some reason like less colour.

Thanks! Out braked myself into Lavant corer a bit but other than that it was ok, I think. I just leave saturation on 98%, I don't bother changing it track to track. I used to run it even lower but the last time I felt some track or other looked a little cartoonish and turned it down was way before SOL and CSP so maybe I should give 100% a go again.