• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Assetto Corsa: Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" Mod Released

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 13, 2019 at 21:11.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,009
    Assetto Corsa Mod - Maserati Birdcage .jpg
    A incredible car has finally made it into Assetto Corsa - the stunning "Birdcage" Maserati.

Developed from scratch by RaceDepartment community member @Pessio, this beautiful vintage racing machine is available to download HERE from the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum.

Developed for Assetto Corsa over a very short period of time indeed, the "Birdcage" is one of the most iconic and dramatic GT racing cars of the last century, a fan favourite wherever it races and one of the more successful cars from the Italian marque during the late 1950's / early 1960's.

Currently available for Assetto Corsa players to download, go grab yourself an armful of opposite lock and enjoy motor racing as is should be - sideways and leaving big black lines of rubber behind you!

Assetto Corsa Mod - Maserati Birdcage 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Mod - Maserati Birdcage 3.jpg

To catch up with the latest modding action for Assetto Corsa, head on over to the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum and see what magic the community have cooked up for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Love Love x 44
    • Like Like x 13
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,009
    Congratulations @Pessio - I really, really, really, really, really love this car in historic racing - super stoked to try it in AC. Although I've literally no free time, I'll skip putting my kid to bed one night this week and go find half an hour to have a blast :D

Thanks man!

• Like Like x 14
    • Beer Beer x 10
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu

Ratings:
    +34
    Ohhhh:) I love this Car so much. One of my all time favourites. Now exists two great Mods for AC of this Car....this one which is free and another one which is a payable Mod and they both really Great.

4. Carlitox

Carlitox

Ratings:
    +225
    This thing is utterly mad, never thought something could top the 250F from Kunos! It won't go straight, it takes right turns by yanking the wheel to the left, and it is FAST. Why play horror games when you can try pushing this thing?

Hats off to you sir @Pessio

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Chris Haye

Chris Haye
    Premium

Ratings:
    +101
    That things needs a 'not safe for work' tag! Stunning!

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +2,021
    I remember the_meco once said, that he would like to do it. This may not be far from him considering the time in which it was done up to this level lol

PS also still haven't driven after update haha

7. eg01st

eg01st

Ratings:
    +253
    Well, it's not an easy boat to drive...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 22:55
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. NDG

NDG
    Non Dangerous Guy

Ratings:
    +155
    Wow! I need to download this asap when I get home later!

Just keep the mods coming! Thanks to all modders and online peeps still hanging on to this great title! I have now come to a certain hardware config that can max out this title! I must say it's freaking gorgeous! The hardware upgrades were brought upon not by personal needs, but the prodigal young brother of this sim that is very much a hardware hog!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +647
    That is beautiful! Can I get the 3D model to make some renders pleaseee :inlove:

10. Hoksu

Hoksu

Ratings:
    +589
    It's so awful that AC modding community release so many great mods there is no time to drive them all :cry:

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +2,021
    "uses few more simulations"

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 4
  12. Logan812

Logan812

Ratings:
    +15
    I was just thinking about setting up a championship like Historic Sportscar Racing after having been to their event at Barber Motorsports Park this year, and this is perfect! I love old sportscars especially when they're not well-represented in sims. That's why I was gutted when the SF70h beat the 512M in Kunos' poll for the DLC, but I understand why it won.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin

Ratings:
    +393
    I don't want to drift this Maserati or lose control. I just want to gently cruise it down a country road while I recite my best James May childhood dream impersonation. It really is a gem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Livery Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +804
    I'm trying this in VR!

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +2,021
    Do under 1'27 in Goodwood.

16. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob

Ratings:
    +85
    This is a beauty. Well done, detail like that is a nice breath of fresh air. One tiny problem....
    Can that be fixed? (RF fender) Or is that a major ordeal...

Fantastic work!

[​IMG]

17. blot

blot
    Premium

Ratings:
    +43
    I love cars from this era, I am in awe of Modders like Pessio's ability to construct such a beauty from scratch and then have the generosity to let us have all their hard work free of charge especially when it's payware quality, AC is such a better place thanks to people like this, Thankyou very much.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +194
    This isn't the first Type 61 made for AC. There was already a mod out there, with the Type 60 and 61 cars, uploaded by "Velo's mods" more than a year ago. I don't know if it was 100% his work or some conversion/ripoff though.

I haven't tried this new mod yet, but here's a good reference for a comparison:

• Beer Beer x 2
  19. katikomer

katikomer

Ratings:
    +78
    Just ran some laps of Feldberg In VR. What an absolute blast. Quite a handful and so tempting to just floor it. Great work.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Pessio

Pessio

Ratings:
    +341
    I can only say thank you all, guys.
    Building this car, and mini too, turned out to be a big crazy adventure.
    It s a crazy sensation, i woke up late, just a bit of hangover and found my mod in RD homepage.

• Beer Beer x 19
    • Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.