Assetto Corsa Logitech G29 Settings

Hi guys
I got the g29 and ac yesterday and i havent been able to find good ffb settings yet. If any of you have some id appreciate it if you could share them. Thx!

I left the default G29 settings once applied from the left window and then knocked down the gain to about 60% which gives good feel.

One thing I am struggling with is getting the clutch to be accepted in the settings, it just won't acknowledge that there's a clutch and I'm using the H shifter. When I press the clutch pedal it shows it moving under number 7 but when I try to apply it to the actual control it will not recognise it. Also when I depress the pedal it looks like it's digital, that bar just jumps from half way to zero, there's no progressive movement in it and I'm assuming the game is thinking my clutch pedal is a button so it won't allow it.

I left the default G29 settings once applied from the left window and then knocked down the gain to about 60% which gives good feel.

One thing I am struggling with is getting the clutch to be accepted in the settings, it just won't acknowledge that there's a clutch and I'm using the H shifter. When I press the clutch pedal it shows it moving under number 7 but when I try to apply it to the actual control it will not recognise it. Also when I depress the pedal it looks like it's digital, that bar just jumps from half way to zero, there's no progressive movement in it and I'm assuming the game is thinking my clutch pedal is a button so it won't allow it.

alright thanks for the answer. my clutch is working fine but i dont have the h shifter. dont know if that makes a difference

i have just bought the G920 Wheel(same as g29 but without led & extra (ps3) buttons ,still looking for the feel i had on the dfgt and g27,been trying for a day now , the wheel isnt very well supported in most games ,it doesnt use logitech profiler ,only the newer LGS which has less functionality than the old profiler

i have just bought the G920 Wheel(same as g29 but without led & extra (ps3) buttons ,still looking for the feel i had on the dfgt and g27,been trying for a day now , the wheel isnt very well supported in most games ,it doesnt use logitech profiler ,only the newer LGS which has less functionality than the old profiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Open assetto_corsa.ini and change damper gain to 0. After you can also try ff skip steps 0, because at 1 the frequency is half. Although more frequency can give problems in certain PCs, but if you're fine, keep the setting to 0.
Also in case there's game update or you verify cache integrity files, that file can be restored to default values, so you'll need to check the file in those situations.

This is mainly regarding Assetto on PC with a g920 ( but it seems its not just AC also PCars)
firstly thanks for the reply ,
have already tried the O.p's setting ,and many of my own
done the:
"Open assetto_corsa.ini and change damper gain to 0.+ After you can also try ff skip steps 0, because at 1 the frequency is half.
also tried deleting the controls.ini file in my documents and going thru the wizard,rebuild game thru steam,fresh install.
but the problem is driver related ,been researching all day today,i am not alone check here same issues
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40502-Logitech-G920-FFB-on-P-C-***PLEASE-HELP*** ,whilst the wheel works better on project cars it still has poor FFB,no centre spring,the profiler whilst looking pretty ,is poor and has less functionality than the old profiler

first read this : https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G920-on-PC-is-a-disaster/td-p/1436049

also read this : https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/523898291513578311/
--
at the bottom quote:
Snatched this from the support forum thread.

AC Support
Official Support
"We are in touch with Logitech about this issue and we are working on it."

FYI:
the software from logitech (LGS v8.81.15)is installed & drivers and wheel has had
The Update called "g920Update_v43.exe"
available here : http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/G920Update_v43.exe
they working in Raceroom and LFS ,next racing game,race 07,gta v, it seems the FFB on this wheel is very poorly implemented on all games ,ATM My DFGT walks all over it
other info : fresh install of genuine. win 10 64 pro with all updates ,no malware,viruses ,fresh install
running at 5860x1040 mainly racing on Assetto so this one is most important

My Assetto.ini file:
[ASSETTO_CORSA]
SLEEP_TIME=-1
WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=0

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
FF_SKIP_STEPS=0 ; Physics engine steps to skip in order to accomodate wheels with lower FF input buffer

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=0
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
DAMPER_GAIN=0.0 ; Set to 0 for Logitech g920

[AC_APPS]
ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0

[TELEMETRY]
EXPORT_ENTIRE_SESSION=1
DEBUG_PHYSICS=0
DEBUG_AI=0

[SCREENSHOT]
FORMAT=JPG

[TIME_DIFFERENCE]
POS_Y=200

[THREADING]
USE_TIMER_PROCESS=-1 ; -1=Automatic, no timer process for CPU with more than 2 cores, timer process for dual cores. 0=Always off. 1=Always on.
SET_THREAD_AFFINITY_MASK=0 ; 0=Windows scheduler will decide where to run the threads. 1=Main thread assigned to Core0, physics thread assigned to Core1

[RACE]
OVER_TIME_MULT=1.2

[DEBUG]
MULTI_LOG=0
PHYSICS_TIME_SCALE=1

[DIRT]
MULT=0.7

[VIRTUAL_MIRROR]
ACTIVE=1

[DAMAGE]
GLASS_THRESHOLD=0.65

[DRIVER]
HIDE=0

[CAMERA]
ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=0

[MIRRORS]
FOV=10
FAR_PLANE=400

[LOG]
SUPPRESS=0

[LOW_SPEED_FF]
SPEED_KMH=3 ; Under this speed the reduction will start
MIN_VALUE=0.01 ; The FF multiplier for 0kmh.

[PHYSICS_THREADING]
THREADS=-1 ; -1 = automatic , 0 = disabled , 1...N number of threads dedicated to physics

[TIMER]
FORCE_TGT=0 ; 0 = Use High Resolution Timer until a drift in time happens, 1 = use 1ms resolution timer

[SOFT_LOCK]
ENABLED=0

also posted here :: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/g920-pulls-to-full-right-lock.30992/

EDIT: JUST FOUND THIS...,better but not perfect in the assetto.ini file change the line
FF_SKIP_STEPS=0
for
FF_SKIP_STEPS=4
centre spring is there,and more realistic but weak FFB

Last edited:
Hi there to you all,

I have found this thread, I see it's old, but I guess this is where the problems regarding G29/920 should go ...

I have a problem with my G29 and Assetto Corsa. It works fine with FFB, the pedals works fine etc.

My real issue is that I can no assign a command in Logitech's Gaming Software that works with Assetto Corsa. Any button I map, with any command, it just doesn't work. I managed to use some buttons by using the Content Manager. Still, in CM I can no find a shortcut or a mapping button for Push-to-talk. I have to talk on TeamSpeak, and I can not keep my keyboard close while driving, and it's also dangerous to not use both hands. So I want to assign a command for push-to-talk directly on the wheel, but it just doesn't work. I have added to the profile the .EXE of the game, of steam, of Teamspeak but I still can't activate push-to-talk or make any assigned command from LGS to work.

Any Idea why and how to solve it?

Thanks for your answers.

Hi, I am new to AC and have a G29 wheel.
I want to set controls like look left / right on the DPAD. Im standard AC menu itself it is not recognized. IN content manager I can assign it, but during driving I see no effect when using the dpad.. Any Idea?

Hi, I am new to AC and have a G29 wheel.
I want to set controls like look left / right on the DPAD. Im standard AC menu itself it is not recognized. IN content manager I can assign it, but during driving I see no effect when using the dpad.. Any Idea?
I wanted the same but my friend who knows much more about it than I says the D-Pad is locked to Pit Strategy, nothing to be done.

Hi there to you all,

I have found this thread, I see it's old, but I guess this is where the problems regarding G29/920 should go ...

I have a problem with my G29 and Assetto Corsa. It works fine with FFB, the pedals works fine etc.

My real issue is that I can no assign a command in Logitech's Gaming Software that works with Assetto Corsa. Any button I map, with any command, it just doesn't work. I managed to use some buttons by using the Content Manager. Still, in CM I can no find a shortcut or a mapping button for Push-to-talk. I have to talk on TeamSpeak, and I can not keep my keyboard close while driving, and it's also dangerous to not use both hands. So I want to assign a command for push-to-talk directly on the wheel, but it just doesn't work. I have added to the profile the .EXE of the game, of steam, of Teamspeak but I still can't activate push-to-talk or make any assigned command from LGS to work.

Any Idea why and how to solve it?

Thanks for your answers.
I got it working on my G29 on the square button, by going into setting>hotkeys>push-to-talk>assing all profiles and just pressing the button you would like bind it to with no problems. You can also setup speaker mute etc. from there, so would get them on both, your keyboard/mouse and wheel.

Althought it sometimes loses the binds and you have to back re-setup them.

I got it working on my G29 on the square button, by going into setting>hotkeys>push-to-talk>assing all profiles and just pressing the button you would like bind it to with no problems. You can also setup speaker mute etc. from there, so would get them on both, your keyboard/mouse and wheel.

Althought it sometimes loses the binds and you have to back re-setup them.
I did see a response on reddit aroudn the same time the post here was made, so I tried your solution and I am using that since then. Thanks for the response anyway :thumbsup:

:-(
thanks for the reply.

Actually, you can unlock the D pad and assign any other action with Content Manager/Install Custom Shaders Patch... then check 'Stop AC from using POV in Pit App' under Custom Shaders Patch/General Settings...

You will thereafter need to assign the look left/right etc (in your case) under the controls section...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 217 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%