Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 0%
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900

Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced

Force Feedback Gain: 85% (the overall strength of all effects).
Filter: 0% (helps to smooth out FFB effects).
Damping: 0% (helps by deadening the feel of the wheel and FFB effects).
Minimum Force: 5% (can assist with G27 deadzone issue & enhance FFB).

Kerb effects: adjust to personal taste ('rumble' effect caused by driving across a kerb).
Road effects: adjust to personal taste (additional wheel vibration to simulate the road/track surface).
Slip effects: adjust to personal taste (additional FFB effects to simulate a loss of traction).

Last edited:
Is there a way that you can turn the brake sensitivity down at all? Or something like that? Cause it sometimes feels that I could breath on it and I'd still lock a brake. It seams that I can't use the full travel of the pedal (in the settings it shows that I can) but it's like the formula abarth on quater travel it's optimum I would like it a bit further down.
Love the game by the way this is the only problem that I have :thumbsup:

Is there anyway to make the clutch feel better?

Well, I'm not sure if it's working as intended, but in every sim I played the clutch feels almost like a button, as in floored is 100% disengaged, move a milimiter and it's like you let go.

Just noticed using 0% dampening(both in profiler and AC) gives so much better and quicker FFB. I used 4% before 0.3 but now for sure 0% is better(for G25).

Overall 100 in profiler, in AC:

Gain 65-85(depending on car, 65-70 in MP4-12, 80 in Pagani ZondaR)
Curb 60-80%
Road 75%(can depend on track)
Slip 40-70%(again, depens on car, more for powerful cars like ZondaR)

Man, with this settings AC feels just perfect. I only need a better wheel.

It gives more feel on the center(not really feel, but just not as light on center), and just overall smoothens the FFB, even a tiny amount, 1% or more will make a difference in FFB. But undampened is more precise.

BTW I'm now using 100% Slip effect and around 80% Kerb and Road effects. Gain at around 70-80%, depending on car.

Too much dampening can cause slow steering response - kind of a rubber-band or spring effect where the front wheels feel disconnected from the steering wheel - use sparingly. Ultimately, it depends how the game is programmed - some titles are designed to utilize the feature in a different way, RRRE comes to mind.

I like my FFB to be smooth but for some reason on most recent titles my G27 ffb forces are way to strong, When doing an evening race I need to be careful not to wake up the neighbors with my rattling wheel :)
I have most titles in-game strength set to about 70% and that seems to give good FFB without taxing the wheel's internals too much. Just a little filtering or dampening smooths things out nicely - maybe 1-10% sometimes but, only if needed. I'm using a G25 so your mileage may vary.

I have a global profile set and use specific profiles for each sim,
the above works great for me,
global, allow game to adjust settings is unticked (Still testing to see what the difference is with it ticked or unticked, have not noticed a difference yet)
specific, allow game to adjust settings is ticked.
this is the first sim i've actually felt any benefit from using the centre spring and damping in the logitech profiler, without it feeling like its a false affect and just feeling numb.
You are totally right Rupe, I really wouldn`t want to miss my centering spring either! Right now I have it at 35 and it feels very good to me.

Here are my settings for G27 both ingame and in the profiler, and I`m absolutely loving it! :)

logiprofile.jpg

settings g27.jpg

I am still unsure why folks set less than 100% everything in the profiler with the exception of 101% for overall FFB to eliminate the deadness at 12oclock.

The wheel doesnt create its own effects, so I think of these settings like floodgates/ a way of restricting what the game is outputting.

I turn off all the canned effects in-game (personal preference of course), and use the in-game gain to set how powerfully i want the game to deliver its FFB to my wheel, knowing the wheel will deliver 100% of what the game outputs.

Im happy to be told otherwise, I do realise personal pref comes into play and there is still tweaking work for Kunos to do as we are still in beta. Those things aside, surely for the most realistic FFB you want the game to do the work and your wheel to deliver in its purest form, not 23% of it or something.

There is no substitute for trial and error when it comes to preferred settings but, as a rule - the SIM community has accepted that most settings should be at or near zero with the exception of overall strength and rotation. Why? I can't say but, until I tried that myself, I didn't really have a good idea of what my wheel was trying to communicate. It does seem to have to do with canned effects and wheel response characteristics. With some games, dampening can slow down the steering input and create a sensation of having a spring or rubber-band between the steering wheel and the front tires. Having that lower can improve wheel response.

I think much of the confusion stems from inconsistencies in FFB terminology between hardware vendors and game developers. Each title has a little different way of dealing with FFB settings. Generally, SIM racers want the closest to real FFB as possible whereas casual gamers may want all the bells and whistles. SIM racers want useful information to know what the car is doing at all times whereas the casual gamer wants cool effects. Many fall somewhere in between but, there is only one way to know for sure - try for yourself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back