Assetto Corsa Logitech DFGT Settings

As there is no official wheel thread for this popular wheel. These are my wheel settings after a lot of testing and help from Stuart Whitehead aka The Moose and JRantajoki confirming them. Hope they help in the wilderness that is wheel settings.

Also dont make make my mistake and make sure you select the Assetto Corsa launcher rather than just an Assetto icon from the game folder, thats if you are using a game specific profile.

Logitech Profiler Settings

Overall Effects: 100%
Spring Effects: 0%
Damper Effects: 0 or (100% only if you want damping)
Centering: 0 (un-checked)
Degrees: 900
Allow Game: Checked

In Game

Gain: 65
Filter: 0
Damping: 0

EDIT 26/12/14

****Updated settings****

B6CXWjb.jpg

3hfHy70.jpg

RBPjDEm.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the other cars do not have a manual shifter in real life, but paddles instead. Try with the mazda mx5 (shifter should work with it)

Thanks. I tried with the mazda and same, not working.
I mean both paddle shifters and the sequential shifter is not working on any car except bmw235. and both are working on bmw235. I must be missing something somewhere like car setup or so...
Automatic clutch is on and Automatic Gear is off always for any car.

Even more interesting;

When I switch to automatic gear, both paddle shifters and the sequential shifter are working on every car.
On automatic gear, when I throttle, it changes gear automatically. But also I can shift up or down manually by paddle shifters and/or the sequential shifter.
veeery strange :)

Sorry for too many messages but I think that may help someone else who may have similar issues. So, I finally solved it;

Tried so many things to solve the poblem like playing with many settings in logitech profiler, ingame settings, re-installing profiler, game itself, changing USB port to 2.0 etc.. etc.. etc...

Finally;
I've removed all previous controller settings (.ini files) from my documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/Controllers/*.ini
Then I've removed controls.ini file from my documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/

Restarted the game, setted up DFGT from ingame controller section, manually from scratch.
Setted up profiler & ingame advanced controller settings for my taste with the help of great setting offers by this thread.

Bingo. Everything works like a charm now.

I believe, somehow, I've made a deadly mistake to select a preset from the ingame controllers menu and that was what massed up everything. Now, perfect.

Hope helps someone else - peace

Normally it should match automatically, by setting the rotation to 900° (in Logitech profiler and game options).

One bug I notice with a DFGT plugged in:
But you may have to go into (open up) the logitech profiler -> options -> global settings and just press "ok" (to confirm all your correct settings that / though they are already set.. :) ). Once, each time you start up your PC.
Otherwise you have a too sensitive acting steering ingame, like if it is still set to 200° , if you don't do that.
I have this kind of bug with a DFGT only. Normally it's not necessary to do that -pressing "ok" in the profiler settings options each time after a PC reboot-.

Now I use my G25 again, there this bug is not present.

Last edited:
EDIT: I pumped profiler to 115% and its much better. Always heard not to go over 100% in profiler so i never tested it. Still not FFB down to the very center but its close. I can live with that. :)

Anyone with DFGT have low center wheel FFB? Like its a big deadzone without FFB around center wheel. I have done all settings back and forward and i cant get FFB close to center. In AMS since they added minimum force slider i can feel the cars down to the very center, to the point i have to hold on to the wheel when going fast in a straight line as the wheels go over bumps in the road (like real life). In AC however when going down a straight at max speed i can release my wheel and drink a cup of coffee. F1 cars have closer FFB around center and some other cars is better, but most have a large FFB deadzone.

I thought first, hey its cheapo DFGT so i'll just have to live with it until i get a better wheel, but when AMS added the min force slider i noticed DFGT can have good FFB around center. AC min force doesnt really do anything on DFGT (at least not mine). It does "something" but its far from AMS min force feature.

I tested LUT generator and with some cars it can get better but also many other cars are the same and have very low FFB (and still clip) so that didnt work for this particular issue.

Anyone else notice the low FFB center with DFGT or just me maybe? FFB is awesome as soon as i go into a corner, but on straights its just tiny rattling at center and i cant feel the cars. Maybe someone had a magic solution. :D

EDIT: BTW first post here says to point profiler to "assetto corsa launcher". Isnt that wrong? It should be ACS.EXE right? We dont need FFB settings in the launcher, but in the sim which is ACS.EXE.

Last edited:
don`t know .. my DFGT has practicaly no dead zone .. in profiler I`m on 106 from the day I bought it ... FFB in AC is not good on these wheel, not enough front wheel feeling, getting info after things happend, not as they are happening (I guess it is wheel issue as lot of people are praising ACs FFB or I`m just expecting too much) but run it in AMS and you`ll get superb FFB, same with R3E and some other sims ..

don`t know .. my DFGT has practicaly no dead zone .. in profiler I`m on 106 from the day I bought it ... FFB in AC is not good on these wheel, not enough front wheel feeling, getting info after things happend, not as they are happening (I guess it is wheel issue as lot of people are praising ACs FFB or I`m just expecting too much) but run it in AMS and you`ll get superb FFB, same with R3E and some other sims ..
I always praised it as it feels so smooth, heavy and non rattling in AC. But lately i just started to notice how the wheel doesnt move when going down bumpy straights and i cant feel the car around center. Especially after i tested the new AMS min force slider (before that slider there was crappy center force in AMS too on DFGT). In AC 106 did not remove FFB deadzone for me. 115 is almost there. I still dont get what you can see in the video below in AC (not DFGT and not AC, but just for reference), however my DFGT do get that in AMS with the new min ffb slider. Look at the start when going down the straight and how the wheel is forcing his hands left and right. Thats what i miss in AC. And yeah, i dont expect too much from a DFGT, but since AMS introduced a really good min force i thought AC could maybe do it too. Do your DFGT do what you see in the vid at start (0:05 and some seconds forward) in AC? In that case you got a really good DFGT. :)

I always praised it as it feels so smooth, heavy and non rattling in AC. But lately i just started to notice how the wheel doesnt move when going down bumpy straights and i cant feel the car around center. Especially after i tested the new AMS min force slider (before that slider there was crappy center force in AMS too on DFGT). In AC 106 did not remove FFB deadzone for me. 115 is almost there. I still dont get what you can see in the video below in AC (not DFGT and not AC, but just for reference), however my DFGT do get that in AMS with the new min ffb slider. Look at the start when going down the straight and how the wheel is forcing his hands left and right. Thats what i miss in AC. And yeah, i dont expect too much from a DFGT, but since AMS introduced a really good min force i thought AC could maybe do it too. Do your DFGT do what you see in the vid at start (0:05 and some seconds forward) in AC? In that case you got a really good DFGT. :)

depends on track .. if it is bumpy or wavey than yep .. if it is smooth like on Redbull Ring than it shouldn`t and it doesn`t (but than it feels like on ice).. still there is not good conection to road/car ...I can feel bumps but not the rubber/tyres like I`m used to ... I think I`m done with AC for a while .. even refunded season pass today .. I`ll be watching progress they make and see or perhaps it will be better with new wheel (thiking of T300, if I`ll have more time for it)

You could try boost road effects in FFB settings if that is only what is bothering you .. or goofle Assetto corsa FFB LUT ... and generate LUT for your wheel .. that helped a bit too ...

How much min force are you using in AMS ? I think I`m 8 or 10

Last edited:
depends on track .. if it is bumpy or wavey than yep .. if it is smooth like on Redbull Ring than it shouldn`t and it doesn`t (but than it feels like on ice).. still there is not good conection to road/car ...I can feel bumps but not the rubber/tyres like I`m used to ... I think I`m done with AC for a while .. even refunded season pass today .. I`ll be watching progress they make and see or perhaps it will be better with new wheel (thiking of T300, if I`ll have more time for it)

You could try boost road effects in FFB settings if that is only what is bothering you .. or goofle Assetto corsa FFB LUT ... and generate LUT for your wheel .. that helped a bit too ...

How much min force are you using in AMS ? I think I`m 8 or 10
I did about 60% min force in AMS which have my hands move left/right on bumpy tracks. In AC it doest even happen on 115% on any track. If i let go of the wheel i see it move, but as soon as i place my hands on the wheel i dont feel them. And the road effects kinda just make my wheel rattle and banging really hard. Doesnt feel or sound good. :D I do have a little bit like 15-25% max or its rattling too much.

Oh well, as soon as i can afford it i will either get T300/T500RS or if i get a job soon i will get a DD wheel which is my goal anyway. Like an AccuForce or similar.

Just a heads up for anyone else that felt the same way (not much center FFB). I turned Logitech Profiler to 112% (you could test 106% first) and in the sim i have 70 gain, 5 filter (to smooth some of the clipping, but it doesnt happen often), 4 minimum force, and the canned effects kerbs, road, slip i have 10,15,15. I also did a new wheelcheck and LUT generator, and finally with that i have really good FFB very close to center. :)

What I do is set the in game "gain" individually for each car. Use FFBclip plug in (you can find here in RD). Turn on the FFBclip while driving to check the ffb clippings, then adjust the gain accordingly. Generally I found that a slight mild clippings is still ok. When the ffb feels right, I save it.
I do this for each car

If a car's in game wheel rotation is less than 900 degrees, can the DFGT lock where it does in game? Do I need to set the rotation manually somehow for those cars? In other words, I don't like the DFGT rotating further than the in game wheel, can that be fixed?

If a car's in game wheel rotation is less than 900 degrees, can the DFGT lock where it does in game? Do I need to set the rotation manually somehow for those cars? In other words, I don't like the DFGT rotating further than the in game wheel, can that be fixed?
On my phone so I can't tell you which ini-file it is but you can activate "soft lock" which does exactly what you want.
Only problem, and why it's deactivated and hidden in an ini, is that if you hit this limit, the wheel will bounce back violently which is very annoying!

Just search for soft lock and you will find it. But I can't recommend it :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 146 7.6%
  • < 5 years