Assetto Corsa licensing requests

Just noticed on the AC Facebook page that they're soon going to be canvassing for our opinions and suggestions for what manufacturers and models they go in pursuit of next! How cool is that!? It's gonna make for some difficult decisions though; for instance, what do Iwant more - the R8 LMS and the V8 DTM, or the Vantage GT3 and GTE, or the GT-R GT3 and GT500, or the...

if thinks its nice to have diversity in style driving no matter what brands they are ... personly im missing 1 typical retro american muscle car with lots of horsepower and little downforce but there are more styles of driving missing ... also agree with BanjoMaster on the North American tracks & cars marketing ... many europeans love them also

1. Audi (LMP1, GT, RS + "normal" streetcars)... huge selection of cars which would fit perfect to the cars that are already announced!

+
2. Chevrolet (Corvette GT + streetcar)
3. Nissan (GTR GT + streetcar)
4. Aston Martin (GT cars, supercars)
5. Toyota (LMP1, streetcars like GT86 maybe)

Those would make me really happy :coffee:

PS.: Lamborghini is owned by Audi :p

PSS.: If I have one wish or actually 3 wishes... McLaren F1 + McLaren F1 GTR + McLaren P1 :cool:

Honestly there's not much for me at the moment, while I tend to be deeply attached to race car but already got six GT2~4 and many classic~modern formula cars, modern formula cars are typically about the same in terms of behaving. If there's one more type needed, prototype? of audi? toyota? osella? or outdated car? whatever.

And street car, even though I don't love them but will admit I'm enjoying driving them in sim game. What about Maserati, wil it fit the AC style? absolutely yes I think as much as BMW! Gran Turismo Stradale? MC12? or MC12 GT1! I'm so happy at the thought of such cars. I don't know how much of you will agree with this.

Anyway, I really want to kill EA because I'm a eunuch on RUF.

C'mon lads vote for Aston Martin! :D
You get brilliant GT and supercars, and brilliant GT1/2/3 racecars for those interested in racing :p
And that's a brand with a proper pedigree!
I just cannot imagine how selection of 4~5 Audi cars could be more interesting than 4 or 5 Aston Martins... Because I'm pretty sure we won't get 10 or 15 of them.
Oh, and btw. don't forget that Lola starts as Aston Martin in LMP... So you can get also LMP, GT1/2/3 and street cars from AM :p

I think they're acutely aware of the popularity of the GT3 cars and of the competition cars in general at the minute. Look at the cars we've got already. Plus, they don't say if this will be the sole driver of their future strategy either. I'd be very surprised if we didn't see a lot more GTs licensed in the future.

But yeah, Alfa = meh to me. They may have a lot of history, but their current lineup in the UK at least is extremely dull.

Its a shame because whilst their cars are nearly always beautiful, they don't exactly get my pulse going in terms of a driving experience. However the 8C is gorgeous, so i'd have that one, but probably not much else.

C'mon lads vote for Aston Martin! :D
You get brilliant GT and supercars, and brilliant GT1/2/3 racecars for those interested in racing :p
And that's a brand with a proper pedigree!
I just cannot imagine how selection of 4~5 Audi cars could be more interesting than 4 or 5 Aston Martins... Because I'm pretty sure we won't get 10 or 15 of them.
Oh, and btw. don't forget that Lola starts as Aston Martin in LMP... So you can get also LMP, GT1/2/3 and street cars from AM :p

Just to play devil's advocate, Audi also have a tremendously strong heritage, and one that's certainly been far more technologically ground breaking than anything AM had done. From the crazy 600hp Auto Union monsters from the thirties, to the original Quattro rally car in the 80s, to dominating Le Mans for the last decade and a half, most recently with 4wd diesel-electric hybrids, with DTM, super touring, 80s TransAm, and GT3 to name a few more in between. There are very few manufacturers that can say that ;) AM probably has a bit more romance attached to it though, I'll give you that.

Me? I want both included, nothing less :D

Just to play devil's advocate, Audi also have a tremendously strong heritage, and one that's certainly been far more technologically ground breaking than anything AM had done. From the crazy 600hp Auto Union monsters from the thirties, to the original Quattro rally car in the 80s, to dominating Le Mans for the last decade and a half, most recently with 4wd diesel-electric hybrids, with DTM, super touring, 80s TransAm, and GT3 to name a few more in between. There are very few manufacturers that can say that ;) AM probably has a bit more romance attached to it though, I'll give you that.

Me? I want both included, nothing less :D

Surely Audi have strong heritage - I'm not dening it :), just wanted to say that AM traditionally played in the same league as Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Bugatti, McLaren or Maserati... you know cream of the crop or aristocracy of automotive world.

But to be honest I also would love to see the new R8 GT vs. Vantage V12 S (vs italia, sls and mp12c - that would be an epic battle worth of the front page of EVO or Top Gear episode). Same with race versions of those above! :D
It's a stunning achivement that Audi was able to make 458/Mp12C-class car for 100,000 pounds less than 458/Mp12C...

Thing that sanddens me very much is that Maserati has got only 3% :( They make such a stunning cars, also some FIA GT cars are avialable from them (Gran Turismo, MC12).

And one hell of a riddle for me is how Alfa Romeo have the most votes???
You know... I mean they have few nice cars - 8C was very pretty, had dumbed down Ferrari engine and wasn't particulary nice to drive from what I read... 4C is also a good one... prettier, a little bit slower and less agile Lotus... also there's great history behind the Alfa - but guys from Kunos are not very interested in making 'golden oldies' from what I can understand...
So that's a big, big surprise for me.

Last edited:
From Marco's post on VR, it seems this won't be the last poll of it's kind:

Marco: After this poll will be closed, following the preferences for the car brands, we'll ask people to indicate us their preferences for those car models (and genres) that they would love to get as officially licensed contents in Assetto Corsa in the future. The aim is to produce those cars that people really like and want to drive, compatibly with the limits of the licensing agreements we'll be able to close.

Then us GT freaks will be able to get our swerve on loud and clear :D Unless, of course, it's hi-jacked by the historics crowd who never actually drive the cars they shout for :p :D

Japanese brands must be covered. Here are my thoughts:

- Toyota (AE86, Supra, GT86);
- Honda (Civic (any Civic with top VTEC engine from the 4th generation until the newest), CR-X, NSX, Integra, S2000 and CR-Z);
- Mazda (RX-7, RX-8, 787B);
- Nissan (any Skyline GT-R from the 1th generation to the newest GT-R, Nissan S30 (240Z, 260Z and 280Z), Datsun Sunny (2 doors sedan B110 to B210)).

IMO this cars represent the racing spirit of AC. Some very powerful some not so much but they seem all very fun to drive. Maybe some others racing versions I don't remember or don't know but if AC could get some of the cars I listed, it would make many of us very happy! :D

PS: I "love" VTEC engines!!!! :devilish:

Or get us the 2015 type R please!
2015-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Turbo.jpg

For racing cars I'd love to see some Le Mans cars, particularly LMP1, and eventually be able to fill an entire Le Mans grid with LMP1, 2, and the GT classes.

But that's probably not a realistic expectation, perhaps due to licensing, team privacy etc.

For road cars, I'd love to see some Lamborghini's and some Maseratis. :)

Voting est fini! Looks like Audi has mounted a ressurgence from behind and won! Happy days! R8 LMS & V8 DTM hopefully! Some of their back catalogue of LMPs would also be nice, but only if we get some other equivalent LMPs fro other manufacturers to race against ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%