Assetto Corsa * Legends Prototypes ?

happened to catch the Bruce Mclaren documentry movie last night and was wondering If any of the cool Can-AM cars were available for AC.
I did a search and found this
and it looks great, but when I can't find anything here it makes me bekieve something isn't right about it.
Has anyone tried it and is it any good ?

The models come from whereever, and the physics are done by Bazza. Like everything he does, it's not at all bad, but I feel it's kind of mediocre in that a group of cars tends to feel very similar. The AC Legends pack he released (not the prototypes) is a good example of that. The cars are fun to drive, but there is little difference in handling between the BMW CSL and the Capri 3100, while in GTL there was quite a big difference. Look fo rthe F1 classic forum for more info.

So, not bad, but not really up there either. There is a very good mod of the Lola T70 somewhere around here, with physics done by @aphidgod (I still miss him), that is very very good imo.

Its a shame because I don't see much of these cars represented for AC. I have the Lola and its a sheer blast, which makes me want these even more.
BTW I thought the Bruce Mclaren documentary really well done.

Once you have driven Kunos cars or really good mod cars like the ones with physics from Jason mods like the one discussed here really are no option to drive and enjoy. You might as well race a cactus.

BUT, this mod is really great to make up a multi class field of late 60’s and early 70’s cars together with the few Kunos cars and a few excellent mod cars (the Lola, that was mentioned for example).
You can then race a Porsche 917K, 911 RSR 3.0 or 908LH or Ford GT40 against a full field and have a really good time on tracks like Riverside, Fuji 68, ...

Some cars of the GT Legends mod also mix well into such a field (such as the Porsche 906).

Driving those mod cars is really not that great. The models are partly really outdated (ported from apps as old as GTL, or ripped from other games with insufficient work on shaders, textures, no fixes on 3D, strange sounds and questionable physics).
They fill the empty holes in the missing cars in the grid and for that I thank people like Bazza.

Tried them last night, and they are similar, but they are different. I was really surprised at how much the Chaparral understeers. I suppose it makes sense considering the downforce on the rear of the car, but it seemed a bit much to me.
The other cars were great especially the Ferrari, and both Mclarens, and the sound was pretty good as well. Not great, but not that bad either.

The AC Legends pack he released (not the prototypes) is a good example of that. The cars are fun to drive, but there is little difference in handling between the BMW CSL and the Capri 3100
This is not my experience at all - I'm currently running a series with these cars (minus the 906 as that's a prototype) and they all drive wildly differently.

Personally I'm driving the BMW and I just can't get the same lap times in the Ford, while the current series leader is driving the Shelby Daytona, and the would-be series leader (if he hadn't voluntarily started at the back last race) is driving the Capri. The 911 is different to all of those, and the Ferrari is different to all of those. It's one of the best mod packs I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

Will have to try out the protoype pack next to see it it's the same :)

This is not my experience at all - I'm currently running a series with these cars (minus the 906 as that's a prototype) and they all drive wildly differently.

Personally I'm driving the BMW and I just can't get the same lap times in the Ford, while the current series leader is driving the Shelby Daytona, and the would-be series leader (if he hadn't voluntarily started at the back last race) is driving the Capri. The 911 is different to all of those, and the Ferrari is different to all of those. It's one of the best mod packs I've ever had the pleasure to drive.

Will have to try out the protoype pack next to see it it's the same :)
To be fair, my experience with this exact pack is a while back and there may have been an update since. I was using this as an example of my experience with Bazza's mods in general. They're nowhere near bad, but they're just not THAT good either. Middle of the road.

Just found this mod and put it into AC, however, When I get in one of the cars, say the Ferrari 512pb at Sebring, I cannot accelerate through the gears (whether automatic or manual shift). It is as if there is a speed limiter that is on. I hit L but nothing changes. I'm on Content Manager. Am I missing some limiter setting in CM or is there a transmission issue. I see I cannot pick gears (only final drive). This issue is particular to this mod. Thanks for help.

EDIT: Whoopie, I get to answer my own question !
Apparently this mod does not like traction control and abs brakes on. I unchecked them and cars can now proceed through the gears. Thanks for your help. I hope this information helps someone who has been in the same boat as me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back