News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Technology preview is probably going to be free for people having an nKP license.
First of all it is a way to say thank you to people who have supported us AND also a way to test the code authorisation system of AC, which is really needed.

After some time from the release of the tech preview, we are going to release a proper demo with more features and that will be free for all.

All in all, don' t worry people, you will be able to properly test AC before committing to a buy.

It's a really good way for the release of the tech preview and the demo.

Here is my improvement suggestion: For the owner of two netKar licences the tech preview have two cars and two tracks (and so on). ;)

I really hope the display hands/wheel option is included, it kinda ruins the video of the Lotus 49 seeing those non moving hands stuck to the wheel. An option to turn the mirrors off too would be cool, for those of us with older comps. I use a small field of view so can't see my mirrors without left/right look anyway.
I think it is, it was a miss-understanding that you could not remove driver arms so it does seem that we will be able to do that from the get go.

From Twitter today:
Stefano Casillo@KunosStefano
Buongiorno da Maranello chaps . This is going to be a supercool day

dope-exploding-head.jpg

Maybe Ferrari? :)

Great read thanks!

We should all memorise this quote below btw from Stefano. Also an interesting view on tyre modelling and netcodes. This is what makes Kunos stand out for me is the honesty. Also, interesting about Aris and the P&G mod.

"I hope people don’t set their expectations too high for AC, it’s a brand new piece of software, the aim is to get a very SOLID release on v1.0. I would rather to leave a feature out of the sim than release it with bugs. It’s a first step into the next 5 years of PC simracing. We have to enjoy the PC while there is still something called PC!"

Regarding the flak netkar copped early on, this is a problem when the developer is unknown, but now all the hard works been done and the hard times should be over.

Look at GSC release....by and large pretty good, and got updates plus the amazing 2012 update, so now, if any "fool" tries to have a go at Reiza, all the GSC fanboys will set them straight, same thing will happen with AC, so do aim for a stable release, but this time round everyone knows of the Kunos legacy.

Regarding the flak netkar copped early on, this is a problem when the developer is unknown, but now all the hard works been done and the hard times should be over.

Look at GSC release....by and large pretty good, and got updates plus the amazing 2012 update, so now, if any "fool" tries to have a go at Reiza, all the GSC fanboys will set them straight, same thing will happen with AC, so do aim for a stable release, but this time round everyone knows of the Kunos legacy.

Lets be honest, as Stefano was in the interview. Netkar Pro "copped flak" early on because it was an on-line only game with serious problems with its on-line code which took years to fix. It was wrong that the attacks were personal but sadly this just reflects an element in the sim-racing community. And it happens to developers who are well known - Dave Kaemmer/ISI/Simbin/SMS - all have recieved plenty of flak. Even LFS, which I used to think had the most "loyal" community, some have turned against the developer.

This game possess me with quite a quandary, and that is, if it's as good as we all think it's going to be, and after having nKarPro for a couple of years and FVA for about a year, so I'm will aware of the quality that Kunos is capable of.

When the game is released, and it shows us that it is indeed the gem we all want, (know), do I carry on with Race 07, which in it's day was arguably the best Sim out there, but it's had it's day and it's prime is now long passed, or do I give up my day job and join the ranks of full time Assetto Corsa racers.

Don't get me wrong,I won't really be giving up on the Race 07 faithful and wanting the Race 07 club shut down, but my choice of racing with them will be seriously tested!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 298 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%