News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Actually, and by far, the best sim available today,.

You're entitled to your opinion, but my view is that the driving model is crazy difficult, especially after watching Martin Brundle race a 50yr old Ferrari around in the wet with bugger all grip problems.
There's many other things I don't like about it{including the cost}, but for me, the most important factors for sim racing are wheel precision and driving model.....I can't say I have much of a problem with wheel precision, but as I said, I have a very hard time taking the driving model seriously.

Love the Brundle comparison....LOL.
infact your while post made my day :)

"it's too hard!!"

Somebody call the WAAAAAAAMBULANCE!

If you think the F1 in iracing is hard to drive don't try one in real life. you should be glad if you make it round one lap without spinning the car.

Right back at ya. All i see is hate because of money issues or driver skill.

It is the greatest sim ever produced, period.
When assetto corsa comes, a game we ALL look forward to then things might change but now iracing is the best sim ever produced, period.

You can try and bury that truth in your head but thats your problem.
It's not our fault you cant afford it or thinks it's expensive or that you can't keep the car on the track.
We honestly don't care, we just like to drive the best sim on the market and right now iRacing is the best.

We honestly don't care, we just like to drive the best sim on the market and right now iRacing is the best.

Not sure what the sim market is, but iracing only has 30k members, I guess the low numbers can be explained by cost, but it could also be other factors.
Btw, I own nearly every major racing game released over the last few yrs and have 1550hrs logged into GTR EVO....I'm pretty sure I know how to drive a sim car by now, and I'm also reasonably sure that iracing's difficulty is past the point of reality.

In my travels, "only" iracers have the disgraceful attitude you've displayed and continue to display......it's not sim racers who come across as elitist, just iracers....of course, it's important that they default to arrogance rather than having to face the fact that they spent a pretty penny on an arcade racer masquerading as the best sim.

In some aspects nKPro is already better than iRacing, but it lacks many important things that in overall make iracing better.

But I like nKPro a lot :)

Yes ... iRacing have what nKPro is missing (more/quality/real tracks and a very good multiplayer interface) but it lacks a european - light weight - front wheel car like 500 Abrath ... and because thats the kind of car i really enjoy to drive at the moment i do prefer nKPro even if i cant get a decent online race:confused: ... but with all the improvements Kunos is making in Asseto Corsa interface and with the "real" tracks im having a very good feeling about this ...

AC will surely rock, with or without laserscanning. Limiting to laserscanning only means very few series with all tracks necessary like in reallife, so i find it's very smart to make it open for modders so that they can provide the content wich is needed to simulate schedules like in real life.I'm not a fan of driving cars on tracks wich they aren't made for.

Blending the the real cockpit with the virtual world is important too because ill build a real cockpit, it just don't cut it if you are forced into cockpit view seeing it twice, thats no realism! And i know that AC will handle it correctly and give enough freedom for people using a dedicated sim cockpit like these:

Not sure what the sim market is, but iracing only has 30k members, I guess the low numbers can be explained by cost, but it could also be other factors.
Btw, I own nearly every major racing game released over the last few yrs and have 1550hrs logged into GTR EVO....I'm pretty sure I know how to drive a sim car by now, and I'm also reasonably sure that iracing's difficulty is past the point of reality.

In my travels, "only" iracers have the disgraceful attitude you've displayed and continue to display......it's not sim racers who come across as elitist, just iracers....of course, it's important that they default to arrogance rather than having to face the fact that they spent a pretty penny on an arcade racer masquerading as the best sim.

Haha GTR Evo :) if you think any simbin game is realistic we can end this discussion now.
Im from sweden so i should root for simbin but simbin has stood still while sims evolved.

Funny that you call us iracers when most of us enjoy other games as well.
i love NKpro and FVA but i would in no way claim they are better sims then Iracing, im not an idiot.

NKPro has great physics, but are they "better" then iRacing? No
Has iRacing "better" physics? no

Are they more or less equal? Damn right they are.

Does Iracing make NKPro look like it's in alpha stage? hell yes.
Is there a reason for that? obviously.

Does that change the fact that iracing is by lightyears a better sim package? NO.

So stop the got damn hating because you wasted 1550 hours in a sim that won't learn you anything.
Buy Iracing and practice until you can keep the car on the track.
search forums for 5-6 sets and sit down and log laps until you find one that fits your driving style.

I hated the ford gt when it arrived, low speed spins and 360 degree steering was horrible.
they updated the physics but steering is still there (as it should)
I got setups for the car and now im in love with it, it's one of the best sim cars ive ever driven, just as long as you have a setup that fits you.

GTR Evo is a joke by todays standards and you only learn bad habits from driving such a sub-par game.

*sigh* I guess you can't go into any sim racing forums anymore without having a who's is best arguement. They really aren't any different than 7 year old children arguing about which superhero would win in a fight. Simply childish.

Just so some of you know, look up the definition of a fanboy. It means a fanboy has a biased opinion, which means their opinion would be excluded from any argument because guess what? They're BIASED. sheesh!!

GTR Evo is a joke by todays standards and you only learn bad habits from driving such a sub-par game.

Oh I see, the more difficult the game, the more realistic, LOL.
Can't say I had any problems with FVA{well except for GSC making it feel dull}, nor do I have any problems with GSC, but of course, they're both subpar as well right.....yep, in your mind iracing is the benchmark{cause you say it is} and all others can be judged according to it.

Reactions: TJP
What's the point in bashing other games? Saying GTR Evo is a joke? Or saying iRacing is a joke? Really now that's nonsense!

There is no point in arguments like that! Let everybody play what they like!

This discussion about iRacing and all that started from laser scanned track I believe! There are many games having their own existence on the market without laser scanned tracks that are absolutely very much enjoyable, even though having laser scanned tracks is definitely a +. In my opinion only a small + as I will never drive those tracks in real life, that's for sure!
Now for Assetto Corsa, if that won't have a huge effect on it's price it's fine for me!

Oh I see, the more difficult the game, the more realistic, LOL.
Can't say I had any problems with FVA{well except for GSC making it feel dull}, nor do I have any problems with GSC, but of course, they're both subpar as well right.....yep, in your mind iracing is the benchmark{cause you say it is} and all others can be judged according to it.

I could say the same but turn it around, the easier it is the more realistic right? wrong..
GTR Evo is a subpar game today. At first yesterday i was really baffled why we had this conversation but when you mentioned GTR EVO like it was the **** then everything became crystal clear for me...

iRacing is the benchmark? Did you read my last post? NKPro and FVA is just as good physics wise.
But as a full package nothing comes close to iRacing. If you deny that you either don´t know what you are talking about or you simply try to bury the truth in your head because of pre-determined hate against the game.

GTR Evo is a subpar game today..

By your selective criteria huh....
As for iracing, as I already stated, I judge sims based on wheel precision and driving model first and foremost, ie, if the sim doesn't pass that test then it's dead to me, and iracings driving model is the most difficult of all sims, even though I have no problem driving FVA....although the FVA Ferrari seems to have more rear grip than Race07's F3000.

I don't know which is the most realistic sim, but I'd be very surprised if it was iracings.

By your selective criteria huh....
As for iracing, as I already stated, I judge sims based on wheel precision and driving model first and foremost, ie, if the sim doesn't pass that test then it's dead to me, and iracings driving model is the most difficult of all sims, even though I have no problem driving FVA....although the FVA Ferrari seems to have more rear grip than Race07's F3000.

I don't know which is the most realistic sim, but I'd be very surprised if it was iracings.

Are you wondering why an F1 car as more rear grip then a F3000?

Ok i´m out, this is starting to get ridiculous now.. Mario Kart is the most realistic game ever produced..

It´s not marketing, it´s just that iRacers like myself demand quality over quantity. And now Kunoz has realised this aswell and thus, laserscanned tracks are in Assetto Corsa.

I agree with you, but with half.
It's actually not a marketing, which is always plus than not. But someone sometimes says some game is the best sim because of having laserscaned tracks. I think that it's not the requirement for a simulation, but while having good behavior of car it'd just make it better. Imagine some game having true physics same as real but having not good simulated tracks, anyway you could imagine the car behave like in real still, but if having no true phsics it will behave just as it is anyway whether it has laserscaned tracks or not.

I hated the ford gt when it arrived, low speed spins and 360 degree steering was horrible.
they updated the physics but steering is still there (as it should)
I got setups for the car and now im in love with it, it's one of the best sim cars ive ever driven, just as long as you have a setup that fits you.

This sounds to me you think, what you love some car or have a good setup is a condition in order to become some-the best sim. As you also mentioned, the world to simulate is difficult to define as just words, such as just 'best', 'good' or '****'. I think the discussion in this way is wrong. But we might be able to define something in some way.

For example,

See videos below I linked, particularly in entering corner and braking. I've thought papyrus games has ski feeling even since GPL, which means a lifted car by lifting throttle have almost always had gripped oversteer, very safe oversteer and very easy hard braking, but I haven't ever seen like that in any motorsport onboard. And I don't think this is of incorrectness as much but I think it's a matter of distorted. For sure though I don't want to say something is 'the greatest' never. :)

Brand hatch with F1
Virginia

Corvette at mosport

How do you think between these two corvette? they are all GT2 and mosport.

Laguna sega with star mazda

the Corvette we have in the game is a GT1, not a GT2.

Also, please use a car with the new tire model. the original is not very good, or well it is very good but only inside the limit.
It´s when you go over the limit, the tires start to do weird things.

See if you can find a new GT1 video and compare it with a GT1 in real life.
Or the Ford GT vs Ford GT.
Or HPD ARX-01c vs HPD in the game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%