News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

First working day of 2012 and a very heavy schedule for the Kunos Simulazioni team.
Stefano has compiled a new version the deferred graphics engine, made some modifications on the physics engine and had a new idea on the sound engine particularly nice for all the modding guys out there.
Simone is working on the new deferred graphics engine, updating contents and generally making Marco constantly emitting "ohh" and "ahh" sounds while doing so.
Marco, on the other hand is trying to secure a very important and very secret licensing agreement... I could tell you more but then I'd have to kill you. Patience my friends, patience.
While doing this Marco is also organizing the teams work for the near future, extremely important work for the project.

Aris is studying the physics modifications with a strangely satisfying smile, fixed in his face, while at the same time trying to understand the new very modular sound engine... Luciò is going to have some very nice toys to play with.
All of this at the first working day of 2012, without even counting the ongoing content creation... we just started warming up!

They seem to work really hard! Even the 1st day of 2012!
This is gonna be legend......w8 for it....ary!!! :D

This will be the one! ... Kunos got very good sim reputation from the past games ... if NetKarPro is so good and made in 2006 this one will be a blast ...

DirtectX11 support and ... laser scannned official real tracks (i think this makes a big difference in sim racing)
Just hope my HD6850 can handle it smoothly

Not sure but i think they updated the promotion video
http://www.assettocorsa.net/?lang=en

laser scannned official real tracks (i think this makes a big difference in sim racing)

If you visit the track shortly after it's laserscanned using it as training tool than maybe yes, it could make a difference. But for normal simracers who never visit tracks to race on i see it more like a high end gimmick. Surely it won't hurt having it :D

Not sure but i think they updated the promotion video
http://www.assettocorsa.net/?lang=en

To me it looks like before. Can't wait to see an update though.

It makes a big difference to me ... after racing in iRacing Brands Hatch laserscanned track all the others Brands Hatch mods in all other games doesnt seem realistic! But that is just me i guess:)

You'd know it only if iracing would actually make a track without laserscanning to be able to compare, and of course not telling you wich version is the laserscanned one to prevent placebo effect. I think it has to do more with the coding itself what you feel as result. You cannot compare tracks from different sims and come to a conclusion wether lasercanning is better or not. It just doesn't make sense to me until you have the same track from the same coders, and where the same effort is used for the track without laserscanning ( artificial data ).

Then only somebody who knows the track could seperate the laserscanned one from the one wich is not laserscanned. For example epecting a bump wich isn't there or on another place on the not laserscanned track. Somebody who don't know the original track shouldn't be able to identify the laserscanned track if things are done right.

You'd know it only if iracing would actually make a track without laserscanning to be able to compare. I think it has to do more with the coding itself what you feel as result.

I agree with you on that;) ... the non-laser scanned Mid-Ohio mod for NKPro seems very close as the one in iRacing (just as example)

But i also think that a "racing sim/game" should also sim everything you see and ear ... not only the car physics ... and just to know that im driving in a track that is "exactly" like the real one makes me feel more in a sim. Maybe i take this "sim thing" too much serious but thats the way i feel when i get my hands on the wheel:)

You're right man, the feeling is very important, knowing that someone went to the limits of a product of what's possible give you the high end feeling. Often reflected through the price as well. If there are enough people willing to pay not having any limit there is actually no reason to limit your product. But it depends largely on product placement and taking risks, so someone can't be really blamed for limiting their product. It's nice to have many options for simracing in the future, the crowd will decide ;)

You cannot compare tracks from different sims and come to a conclusion wether lasercanning is better or not.

Umm.. yes you can. First of all, when not laserscanning it´s impossible to get every bump on the track right. It´s a challenge to even get all the bumps of the track unless the developer has run over a 1000 laps of the track.

then we have the scale of the track. Also impossible to get dead on.
then we have elevations. The hardest part to get right when not laser scanning.

With laserscanning you get a carbon copy of the real thing. It doesn´t matter how many pictures you take or how much you measure.
Polyphony Digital has done a good job but it´s nowhere near the level of iRacing. Not even close.

Umm.. yes you can. First of all, when not laserscanning it´s impossible to get every bump on the track right. It´s a challenge to even get all the bumps of the track unless the developer has run over a 1000 laps of the track.

But what when it's not the goal to get every bump right? So without knowing the original track you just don't know and can't seperate, same with elevation ;)

With laserscanning you get a carbon copy of the real thing. It doesn´t matter how many pictures you take or how much you measure.
Polyphony Digital has done a good job but it´s nowhere near the level of iRacing. Not even close.

The important part is yourself accepting that it's not neccessary to have a laserscanned track for having fun or even having more fun on a laserscanned track. I think most people on iracing are so influenced by marketing that their mind doesn't accept anything without laserscanning anymore, it seems like a religion to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back