News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Enjoy what you have at the moment Chris ... people so often stop enjoying the present just thinking about the future ... enjoy Race07 & nKPro because its what you have now,, at least thats what im doing ... when AC comes out you can decide if you want to carry on with Race07.

You need Vista or 7 to be able to use DX 11, and for Dx 10 and 10.1, I can't remember it being available for XP, though I may be wrong!

I showld of put everything between "" :p
Was reffering to the idea of chose between an old and good game that brings you still joy and a new game that eventualy bring same joy,but on a different level.
We can still play both game,but who will we play most? ;)

It's not so much about the games, but more about the amount of people playing, and also the quality and skill of those who are racing.

Granted, there will be a huge surge of players to AC in the beginning so it'll be hard to tell the quality players, but there will be those who shine through, and those people we know already and race against on a regular basis will be racing, and of course the RD club races, it'll be an exciting time!

On what basis?
This is the point, on what basis can someone turn on Reiza or Kunos now?
Both companies have proven to be genuine sim makers, and both companies have more in store and communicate with us.

Its not about being a genuine sim maker. People get upset about a whole range of things. Bugs are a key issue. I'm not very familiar with the Reiza community as II don't own GSC but I know its based on rFactor which makes it easier to produce a largely bug-free game than making your own engine. Reiza could hit problems if they develop their own engine. Kuno's approach of issuing a technology demonstrator before final release should reduce the risks that AC is very buugy on release.

Expectations are another issue. If people expect something then don't get it flak will ensue. Its good that Kunos are trying to reduce expectations prior to release. Communication can help in this but it can also turn round and bite you. LFS devs communicated that they were working on a new tyre model and that the VW Sirocco and Rockingham circuit were coming. None have arrived after several years which is why some of the community have turned on them. Simbin communicated that they were working on their Lizzard game engine back in 2008 and then of course proceeded to get flak that every PC title from then on still used ISIs engine. Expectations concerning the Senna game could cause issues. Some people are apparently expecting to be able to recreate his career from karting through to 1994. There have been "scoops" that AC will include the Nordschleife. If it doesn't and the rumour isn't squashed then even something as silly as this can cause flak.

Another sensitive area is pricing/business model. IRacing is the obvious example here though the flak is mainly from those outside that community. GSC seems to be reasonably priced. I'm sure AC will be too, but paid for DLC is a possible issue. I'm all for it but not everyone agrees.

TBH developers can get flak for anything. The media the game is delivered on (DVD vs download), copy protection (Starforce haters, Steam haters), career modes, on-line cheaters, on-line wreckers etc.

Communication can help in this but it can also turn round and bite you .... There have been "scoops" that AC will include the Nordschleife. If it doesn't and the rumour isn't squashed then even something as silly as this can cause flak

This is so true David:thumbsup:

Plus i see so many entusiastic drivers that saying AC will be the king but they cant even handle or enjoy nKP cause the cars are "too difficult to drive". If AC will be a true sim in physics/FFB the cars will probably be more difficult to drive then in nKP and we will see a lot of disappointments.

Expectations are too high in AC in every levels ... people expecting it will be the "Sim Racing Dreaming Land" ... i think Kunos is doing very well not releasing new photos and cars/tracks every week like they were doing some months ago.

Plus i see so many entusiastic drivers that saying AC will be the king but they cant even handle or enjoy nKP cause the cars are "too difficult to drive".

Hmmm, the rear winged OWers were easy to drive, not easy to break the records though, lol.
I get a funny feeling AC will probably be similiar to GSC 2012, and IMO, that's a good thing.
Plus, lazer scanned tracks, 15 cars, DX11 and modding.......easy game to like.

Hi chaps.

Is there any possibility to get somekind of ETA for the tech preview? :geek:
:D I'm talking very rough.. something like +/- 2weeks accuracy.

Do... The... HAPPY DANCE, do the happy dance, lol

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years