News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Posted via iRacing's forum.

Ralf Aaro said:
Have written a longer review on german here: http://www.racemore.de/community/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=570

Maybe I will make an english version soon. But for all of you who are interestet in some facts I found out:

- There will be no night racing and weather in the first build.
- They have an old version of the Nordschleife (i think they mean the one that is in nKPro) included into the sim and working on a licence to have it official in the game. They would like to scan it but (I think it was Marco who told me that) it would be a very big project. But they really want to have it into the game.
- They aim the second week of September for the Tech-Demo. But you must have a nKPro License to try it out.
- They think of a pre-order which could start soon with some discount on it.
- You can NOT yet turn the wheel off (graphics option). They don't know if they will include it. Definately not for the first build.
- The Performance (graphics) of AC will be "much better than pCARS and a little better than rFactor2"

And there is a lot more they have told me...but its very hard to remember all of the long talks. I think I have talked to Marco (with someone from Atlantic Racing Team) over one hour. And with Aris 30 minutes and a little shorter with Stefano.
They are very kind and have great enthusiasm about all what they are doing. It was a great experience to meet them and try the game out. :)

Only thing that really rustled my jimmies was the wheel display options. I can't stand looking at two sets of hands when I'm driving. I would have thought that this would have been a pretty big "core feature" for launch. :mad:

I'm on the fence about people needing a copy of nKP to try out a tech-demo of A.C. I guess it's Kunos Simulazioni's way of saying thank you for supporting us? If this is the case then you're welcome and I can't wait! :D

I don't really see the point of wasting resources on a massive non laser scanned track when they could be put to better use; especially when one of the core driving points behind the software is laser scanning technology. :O_o:

I understand that weather isn't a core feature. Such is life.

I remember reading an article that stated: There will be an official demo a few weeks after the tech-demo, launch is planned for November-December. I'll try to find article for a direct quote, but for the life of me I can't remember what site the article was from.

I don't have a problem with them saying about NKP being needed to try the demo. Hopefully it encourages more to go and buy so they can test the demo. They need the support and it's a good way of generating support.

One thing that stands out and what i don't get, unless it was supposed to be meant the other way round?

- The Performance (graphics) of AC will be "much better than pCARS and a little better than rFactor2"

I don't have a problem with them saying about NKP being needed to try the demo. Hopefully it encourages more to go and buy so they can test the demo. They need the support and it's a good way of generating support.

One thing that stands out and what i don't get, unless it was supposed to be meant the other way round?

Well, I really need to find this article because it also featured the spec of the system at Gamescom. If I remember correctly, an Intel Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz and a single nvidia 580 was able to render triple monitors at around 80 FPS.

Found the article: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,1...se-2012/Rennspiel-Sportspiel-Simulation/Test/

Great info and thanks guys that u post here also cause some of us dont have iracing!

Now about nkpro,tbh i find it briliant idea.:rolleyes:
They get support(funding) and in my opinion whoever buys it for that reason he will understand and see by himself why these devs are famous..gives a motivation to simracers to see Kunos work,i think we all agree that these 15 euros are the most value for money at least for hardcore simracers.

About the graphics,i can only think that they misspelled physics lol,seems an irony?
I dont know.
pCARS have graphics in general in the same level,rfactor2 has...well i would say another style but not bad or something,i think fits well with the old formulas and such.
If we take only the word "performance",maybe its about physics or how the game rolls?
I really cant understand :O_o:

Anyway,sumup...we will drive it in september,hell yeaaaah! :laugh:

PS:thumbs up for pre-order,cant wait to buy it!!

Nice thought Senad,u mean multi core and all that?
But then again,its rfactor that has still bugs and trys to normalizite right?
I think pCars runs smoother right?

Edit:when i say multcore i mean the technic that u put in each core to run work and not only to one core,i cant remember the word

Edit:when i say multcore i mean the technic that u put in each core to run work and not only to one core,i cant remember the word

pCars runs really smooth for me. About 80 FPS with most of the bells and whistles enabled. That's pretty much the only good thing I've got to say about pCars atm.

That's what i don't get about that quote. As pCARS runs and looks better than rF2, so i couldn't work out what they meant about much better than pCARS but only slightly better than rF2. Possibly a mistake somewhere in the translation or something

pCARS when i last played it about 4 months ago was very very efficient considering what it's having to render visually. DX11 helps alot obviously but i can't work out what they mean with the quote

If its not an irony then it should be something that experts understand.
About the tech-demo,if im not mistaken Aris said that the track will be magione and he didnt decide about the car.I dont think that the lotus 49 would "fit" nice.
I would choose a rear wheel car that except the hotlaping,we will drift also.

Oh i just found a comment from someone saying that its how much gpu requires not the quality of graphics.
So pCars "runs more" with a graphic card and rfactor 2 "more" with a processor?
(like iracing that uses more the procesor than the graphic card?)
If thats true then we may not need the most expinsive graphic card to play it max.

Oh also important!

There will be no driver limit in multiplayer as long as ur server can handle it!
Except that there will be not night in first release,it will be the sun thats coming and leaving though..
All translated from the article

I really hope the display hands/wheel option is included, it kinda ruins the video of the Lotus 49 seeing those non moving hands stuck to the wheel. An option to turn the mirrors off too would be cool, for those of us with older comps. I use a small field of view so can't see my mirrors without left/right look anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back