News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

I honestly think this will be a better game than all the more "hyped" up games like RFactor2, GTR3 and Project cars, and that it will be a great evolution from nkPro :) There is no need to reinvent the genre i think. A nkPro with more content and the graphics and feel of FVA is what i think it will be. Looking forward to the 23rd.

EDIT: Don't want to cause a problem by saying it will be better than everything else, it's just that i have believe they are capable of making a great racing simulation and that this is the game i will most likely be playing instead of the others. :D
safe to say that, one of them is pCARS

So www.assettocorsa.info is online.

While I'm really looking forward to this new title this bit bothers me somewhat:
From December 1, 2011, all earnings from the sales of netkar PRO and our royalties from Ferrari Virtual Academy sales will be re-invested to acquire licenses for cars and tracks in addition to those that will be included in the version 1.0 release of Assetto Corsa.
So... no future updates/patches for nkP to be expected or am I reading too much into it?

• Herman Hermansen

So www.assettocorsa.info is online.

While I'm really looking forward to this new title this bit bothers me somewhat:

"From December 1, 2011, all earnings from the sales of netkar PRO and our royalties from Ferrari Virtual Academy sales will be re-invested to acquire licenses for cars and tracks in addition to those that will be included in the version 1.0 release of Assetto Corsa"

So... no future updates/patches for nkP to be expected or am I reading too much into it?

Don't think that is a too big of a problem if it is the case(?). nkPro is from 2006, and i think its no need to squeeze more out of that game.. I would much rather have them focusing on Asetto Corsa now :D

Don't think that is a too big of a problem if it is the case(?). nkPro is from 2006, and i think its no need to squeeze more out of that game.. I would much rather have them focusing on Asetto Corsa now :D

Well, all in all I fully agree... however, since I've started racing in 3D this week I was hoping for a fix to the rather specific sky depth issue within netkar. :)

As long as the Assetto Corse is a step up and stays true to the hardcore simulation I'm fine with that and certainly looking forward to it.. that's gonna be a long wait..

Its logical the focus will lean more towards the new game offcourse. As they cant put 100% in both games as the small company they are.
But that doesnt mean Netkar doesnt get any patches anymore i think. Game updates (announcements) with new cars you cant expect anymore as that offcourse cost more money then a little patch. Think in the meantime we get the new game you get maybe some patches for Netkar but when we get close and offcourse the release of the new game, Netkar will die slowly. :)
Its sad but also needed. As they probably have some new nice ideas and then its most of the time better to make a whole new game then update the "old"game the whole time to the new standard they have in mind. :)

You should try it, the formula car in FVA is the best F1 car by far in any sim. By far :)
When iRacing launches the NTM on their Williams they might have a competitor but right now it´s just in a different league.

And if you can, buy NKPro, take out the Osella on the hillclimb track and get your mind blown.

2ufemf4.jpg

bambino tester

I hope Kunos works with a larger team this time. He makes the best "feeling" racing sims out there and I've pretty much tried them all. If he can get some marketing out there this new project has tonnes of potential.

In my opinion the lack of marketing was the reason why netkar never took off as a popular sim. Sure netkar is not a complete sim but you actually feel connected to the road like no other sim out right now.

• Herman Hermansen

I hope Kunos works with a larger team this time. He makes the best "feeling" racing sims out there and I've pretty much tried them all. If he can get some marketing out there this new project has tonnes of potential.

In my opinion the lack of marketing was the reason why netkar never took off as a popular sim. Sure netkar is not a complete sim but you actually feel connected to the road like no other sim out right now.
Would say its a complete sim now, but maybe not when it was released. :) I hope Assetto Corsa will be!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 187 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.6%