Assetto Corsa Japanese Car Pack DLC Due 18th May

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Japanese Dream Pack DLC 1.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released 3 new teaser images of the upcoming Japanese DLC for racing simulator Assetto Corsa.

Scheduled for release on May 18th, the Japanese DLC pack will contain a number of new vehicles from the land of the rising sun.

According to earlier blog posts from Kunos, the new pack could contain both the road and race version of the Mazda MX-5, the Mazda RX-7, the 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo, the Nissan GT-R 34, the Toyota Supra in three versions, and the Toyota AE-86 in two versions.

Although Kunos also stated the first-generation Miata and the legendary Mazda 787B will be made available within the game at a future date, no indication regarding their inclusion in this new pack has been made.

The 3 new preview shots give us our first sight of a Toyota Supra and Nissan GTR which one must assume will form part of the new DLC package.

Previously mentioned licencing agreements with Toyota for the creation of Lemans challenger the TS040 could prove to be early indications of additional content in the new pack, but nothing official has be released by the studio.

New content is always good news for a racing simulator and Japan is well noted for its array of epic road and race cars, so lets keep our fingers crossed that this new DLC contains plenty of entertaining cars to keep us on the edge of our seats when it is release later this month.

While we await more news, lets do some speculating in the comments to keep ourselves amused...

Assetto Corsa Japanese Dream Pack DLC 3.png

Assetto Corsa Japanese Dream Pack DLC 2.png

RaceDepartment have all the latest news and discussions regarding racing simulator Assetto Corsa right here on our forums. Have a look at our huge selection of track, car and app mods available for the title and of course don't forget to drop by and have a race in our superb Assetto Corsa Racing Club. Regular racing with a great car selection amongst a field of drivers with all different experiences, the Assetto Corsa Racing Club is a fantastic way to experience AC online with fellow sim racers.

Are you looking forward to the new Japanese content coming to Assetto Corsa this May? What car excites you the most? What would you like to see next from Kunos? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
But ... The Mazda MX5 and 787 have already been done.
Did they pay the modder and they're going to include their cars "officially" in the game?

Logically, yes, they never add Mod cars that were available for free into paid DLC's. Kunos said they are coming later this year, probably prepping another free package or just going to hook them into an update. Also it makes sense to stretch out upcoming content a little bit, which leads to nice steady flow of incoming DLC's. Though at the same time, since these 2 cars are going to be free and both suitable for "Japanese update", it would have been an option to add them as "teaser" alongside the paid pack.

It will be the first AC DLC I skip. Very boring stuff. An Amuse S2000 like in Gran Turismo would excite me...
for me probably too .. usually hooked by released track .. now just few cars I wouldn`t have time to drive ... but it would probably related to 1.6 patch .. perhaps I`ll be convinced and buy it just to support ..

for me probably too .. usually hooked by released track .. now just few cars I wouldn`t have time to drive ... but it would probably related to 1.6 patch .. perhaps I`ll be convinced and buy it just to support ..

Yeah maybe for support I´ll get it too, lets see. And of course the main reason I play AC, the special events.

Speaking of 1.6 patch...
I already asked on another thread, but...
Any news concerning the features they intend to improve/add?
I only hear about new cars and maybe a few tracks.
Nice, but... I'm interested to see their current "roadmap".:)

Speaking of 1.6 patch...
well with Kunos you never really know :) .. but Brake temps, VR support, probably another TM, custom championships (rather in simplified form) and I don`t wanna go too crazy but even option to select your livery in MP race are almost certainly probably possible adepts to be considered as features that might have a chance to be able to make it eventualy into the game ... maybe :)

• Deleted member 130869

Speaking of 1.6 patch...

It's best not to worry or bother speculating. It's a true unknown how much they will work on AC and how much they'll save up for AC2.

It will be the first AC DLC I skip. Very boring stuff. An Amuse S2000 like in Gran Turismo would excite me...
Isn't the S2000 JDM too? (I know, the Amuse version in GT is really tuned up). But either way, wait for the Japanese Pack dlc release, see the reviews, see the exact content in it, then probably you'll see based on more facts after the dlc release if the content interests you or not.

Isn't the S2000 JDM too? (I know, the Amuse version in GT is really tuned up). But either way, wait for the Japanese Pack dlc release, see the reviews, see the exact content in it, then probably you'll see based on more facts after the dlc release if the content interests you or not.

Yeah, as I replied already, I probably will get it to support Kunos. But about the cars, I have absolutely no interest in Japanese cars. Maybe thats because I was an intense Gran Turismo gamer till GT6 and there were almost 500-700 Japanes cars (I don´t know the real numbers) in the game so maybe thats the reason I have enough of them :D

Speaking of 1.6 patch...
Pretty sure there will be something improved/new with the pack. Thats what they usually do. Probably wont make everything everyone wants and prolly not something massive (who knows), but its been like that in the past, that they add/improve something when releasing a pack. :thumbsup: Just 1 more week before we know hehe.

Personally, I have one good reason to be happy about some of these Japanese cars.
I've been downloading lots of Japanese cars for almost a year on AC and most are VERY bad, AND illegal. lol
The Toyota AE86 mods have the worst sound ever...
I've downloaded FOUR different versions of the Mazda RX7, and most were really bad.:roflmao:
So I'm happy I'm finally going to get Kunos version, which will definitely be the best, I'm sure!:)

Also, 90% of Japanese cars you can download are drift versions.
I have no interest in drifting(ok I'm BAD at drifting lol) so I'm glad we'll get "normal" cars. :giggle:

On a side note... No Subaru though? Too bad, cos I downloaded 10 572 385 versions of Subaru Impreza, and this car DESPERATELY needs to be done too. :roflmao:

It's best not to worry or bother speculating. It's a true unknown how much they will work on AC and how much they'll save up for AC2.

Actually, you really can speculate away as there is a big list of features coming to AC still at some point...

As you may or may not know (although Im sure you do), there was a thread on the AC forum asking for users input as to what feature they would like to see implemented next... out of about 10 or so choices. Stefano started that thread himself, so it isnt just some wishlist thread started by a user.

As you may also be aware, the eventual winner was VR improvements, and specifically Oculus support since the current implementation is a bit outdated. You may know this from the "VR mafia" comments that made their rounds.

Now, as you clearly arent aware, Stefano also commented in that thread about the non-winners. What did he say exactly? Well... in response to someone worrying how to vote based on what feature improvement or addition could lead to further features being added, Stfano responded, "You shouldn't worry about that really.. it's very likely that all of these features will make into AC sooner or later, the poll is more a way to let all of us (devs and players) understand how different opinions can be from what we think."

So, clearly Kunos has every intention of ceasing development of AC to move to the yearly franchise model like SMS has done with pCARS. (This is sarcasm if you cant tell through text)

What exactly is on that list of things to be added to AC?

• Brake temp simulation and pressure adjustment (finally)
  • Steer ratio adjustment
  • Better VR support and most likely Vive support
  • Proper false starts and engine stalls
  • Custom Championships
  • Possibility of choosing livery for MP races
  • Improved water/radiator simulation
  • Pit stop strategy/pit stop improvements
So, while this may not be what is on 'your' wishlist, these are all likely to be added to AC "soon."

But of course, plenty of people dont care about what the developers actually say, and rather make up nonsense about Kunos moving on to a new game, or dumbing down physics for the console release, or whatever other garbage.

• Deleted member 130869

Actually, you really can speculate away as there is a big list of features coming to AC still at some point...

As you may or may not know (although Im sure you do), there was a thread on the AC forum asking for users input as to what feature they would like to see implemented next... out of about 10 or so choices. Stefano started that thread himself, so it isnt just some wishlist thread started by a user.

As you may also be aware, the eventual winner was VR improvements, and specifically Oculus support since the current implementation is a bit outdated. You may know this from the "VR mafia" comments that made their rounds.

Now, as you clearly arent aware, Stefano also commented in that thread about the non-winners. What did he say exactly? Well... in response to someone worrying how to vote based on what feature improvement or addition could lead to further features being added, Stfano responded, "You shouldn't worry about that really.. it's very likely that all of these features will make into AC sooner or later, the poll is more a way to let all of us (devs and players) understand how different opinions can be from what we think."

So, clearly Kunos has every intention of ceasing development of AC to move to the yearly franchise model like SMS has done with pCARS. (This is sarcasm if you cant tell through text)

What exactly is on that list of things to be added to AC?

• Brake temp simulation and pressure adjustment (finally)
  • Steer ratio adjustment
  • Better VR support and most likely Vive support
  • Proper false starts and engine stalls
  • Custom Championships
  • Possibility of choosing livery for MP races
  • Improved water/radiator simulation
  • Pit stop strategy/pit stop improvements
So, while this may not be what is on 'your' wishlist, these are all likely to be added to AC "soon."

But of course, plenty of people dont care about what the developers actually say, and rather make up nonsense about Kunos moving on to a new game, or dumbing down physics for the console release, or whatever other garbage.

I've read all of the info on the 3 major forums (including AC's official) so I do believe I am caught up, and that poll is very old news. I am not speculating you don't have to infer the sarcastic statements this way. In respect of your posting history I'll refrain from engaging you again, I promise.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back