Assetto Corsa in VR - Is this as good as it gets??

Hello Guyz,

I just reinstalled my setup for assetto Corsa, with an HTC vive first generation. Its definitely lacking some pixel to enjoy it fully and I was thinking about upgrading but I only have a 1080 for now. Waiting for future 4080 if price are not insane.
Vive pro 2 is out of the way as I do not have the power, but does an Oculus quest 2 will be a good upgrade with my graphics grad? As it's "only" 350 € I'm tempted to buy it. What are your cgs? Thank you for posting your tweaking setups above that would definitely help !

Tifoo

Hello Guyz,

I just reinstalled my setup for assetto Corsa, with an HTC vive first generation. Its definitely lacking some pixel to enjoy it fully and I was thinking about upgrading but I only have a 1080 for now. Waiting for future 4080 if price are not insane.
Vive pro 2 is out of the way as I do not have the power, but does an Oculus quest 2 will be a good upgrade with my graphics grad? As it's "only" 350 € I'm tempted to buy it. What are your cgs? Thank you for posting your tweaking setups above that would definitely help !

Tifoo
Ultimately this is how the Meta Quest 2 gets you, its cheap and it has 4x the pixels of the original Vive and will definitely pass into the able to read the dials and see cars in the distance area of vision especially compared to the Vive. I found going to an Odyssey+ (a half step of that of the Quest 2) dramatically improved VR driving sims for me, the Vive showed the potential but I could get immersed in the Odyssey+ because the screen door effect was gone. There are other options and for sim racing specifically a HP G2 would be better than the quest 2 since you wont be dealing with compression but its hard to pass up the wifi capabilities as well as independence of a Arm computer that makes the Quest 2 combined with being cheaper.

I managed to get it work in wifi with previous parameters, it's gorgeous comparing to my old vive, i'm very happy ! I started also to use CM that permit to configure everything in VR via desktop mode. But once course started, how can you easily navigate through the initial menu before you have control of the car?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back