General Assetto Corsa Immersive Career Project

For the Shifter Kart I rarely drive "kart" tracks, which probably work better for single gear lower power (50cc?) karts, but instead drive tracks like Mills Short, Kicevo, Okayama Piper, Maze, etc. Usually club or drift tracks shorter than 4km. Check my resources and you'll see all the tracks for which I've made kart friendly AI lines.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Your 125 kart works fine with karting tracks. I tried castelletto, wuhan, brasilia (which are the best you can find imho) and the power is just right because there are long straights where you can unleash the power. I got the inspiration from pCars, which uses shifter karts for small karting tracks, which works to me.

There are other tracks that work for karting: VIR patriot, Knockhill, Modena are other examples. Thing is I wanted to keep the kart championship quite small in order not to bore the player. Secondly, i thought of a national karting trophy, so it would be odd to race around the world. I love your AI lines, though I wanted to keep the download size small and permanent; If the player goes to the same track next season with a "real" car, it would have to redownload the correct AI line and it's not really user friendly.

I would love for AC/CM/CSP to somehow support "car type" specific AI lines. There are some "real" cars that also do poorly with driving over raised curbs, it's just that the karts are especially not good at it.

Making specific cars in AC properly fast still seems like a black art to me. When the player is easily faster than AI at 100% the only available solution is ballast or restrictor, but that can create imbalances in performance at innapropriate places on track, like long straights and tight turns.

I would love for AC/CM/CSP to somehow support "car type" specific AI lines. There are some "real" cars that also do poorly with driving over raised curbs, it's just that the karts are especially not good at it.

Making specific cars in AC properly fast still seems like a black art to me. When the player is easily faster than AI at 100% the only available solution is ballast or restrictor, but that can create imbalances in performance at innapropriate places on track, like long straights and tight turns.
Sometimes AC seems to work against itself, really. Ballast and restrictor do not work well, as you said, but at least it could be a solution. Strangely enough, they are not enabled if you are playing in career mode. I'm trying to work around this limitations but sometimes I just scrap whole ideas for this weird limitations.

Need a new name!​

You may have seen this:

We agreed that I'd change the name for my custom career, but at the moment I can't thing of something cooler than that. I'd love some suggestions!

Well that seems to be a bizarre coincidence - how strange.. I wouldn't worry about the name - to be honest the thread title 'Immersive Career Project' (ICP) tells me more about your project than 'Evoluzione' does anyway. Keep going and you'll think of a name later. :thumbsup:

Well that seems to be a bizarre coincidence - how strange.. I wouldn't worry about the name - to be honest the thread title 'Immersive Career Project' (ICP) tells me more about your project than 'Evoluzione' does anyway. Keep going and you'll think of a name later. :thumbsup:
Not that bizarre... Just two italians thinking the same thing with their spaghetti neurons!

----------------------

Update: I put up this list for the mod requirements, so that the player can manage their mods

UPDATE - Club racing remake​

I restructured club racing, calling it Privateer Racing. It is ready to release, I just need to do some photo work.
Privateer racing will consist of single shot events where you either rent a car or use your personal one. Unfortunately there's no chance of choosing your personal car, so that's just lore to justify using the same hatchback for several events. These events grant you a "signature" by just competing in it(or maybe not finishing last, i must think about it), and 6 signatures will grant you elegibility for a higher racing license, resembling what happens in real life.

The current event types are:
Short weekends
Club-like races where there's little to no quali session and a brief race;

Driver replacement
Participating in official competitions to replace a driver in a single round;

Trackdays
Much like the Nordschleife Touristenfahrten. You get bronze (and so the signature) by basically running around;

Hillclimbs
This one is something I'm quite proud of, since I managed to get around the .ini files limitations to get it properly.
Basically you have a set amount of practice laps where you can learn the stage(e.g. you could use Crew Chief pace notes). Maximum practice laps are enforced by calculating the practice time required for said laps.
After practice, you run a powerlap and your time will decide your results. The bronze requirement will be somewhat broad, but not as much as trackdays, as I want to give the impression that an excessively slow driving will get you disqualified, hence not getting the signature.

IMPORTANT: Privateer Racing may be extended through the seasons, meaning if, let's say, season 4 requires more mods I could use these to make new privateer events.

Hope to release it soon. Cya!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%