Assetto Corsa I need help achieving stable 60FPS

Hello Everyone, can someone help me out with my Graphics Settings I have attached screenshots of my AC in-game settings and posted my Computer Specs below. I am trying to run a Stable 60 FPS, and not getting it to run stable. I've been testing all kinds of different settings and just can not get it dialed in. Sometimes I get 60 to 61 FPS, and in the middle of a Race or Practice Laps it can drop down to the 30's FPS, 40's FPS and 50's and then back up to 60's and 61 FPS. I have posted a screenshot of my AC in-game settings and Listed my Computer Specs below. So If someone could take a look and analyze my data and make some suggestions I would appreciate it. Also what would be great if someone is running a very similar set-up as me that has achieved a smooth 60FPS that would be awesome.

************************************************************************************
My Computer Specs

Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram 16.0GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 FTW+ DT GAMING, 06G-P4-6266
Samsung 4k U28E590 w/Freesync
(yes I know freesync is not going to work with my GTX1060 card)
3840x2160 (native)
AC in-game settings
Assetto Corsa Settings:
Resolution 3840x2160, 60Hz
Vertical synchronization (checked)
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
MSAA: 4x
Limit framerate @ 60FPS
World detail "High"
Shadow resolution 1024x1024
Smoke Generation "Medium"
Post-Processing (Enabled)
Overall quality: High
Glare quality: High
Depth of field: Low
Saturation 118%
Motion blur: off
Checked: Heat shimmering
Checked: Crepuscular rays (No Clue What this does)
Checked: FXAA (No Clue What this does)
Reflection resolution: 512x512
Rendering Frequency: Six face per frame (No Clue What this does)
Rendering distance: 450m
Mirrors resolution: 256x1024
Checked High Quality
Skybox reflections:150%
3-31-18 GRAPHIC SETTINGS AC UI COMBO.jpg

Last edited:
I wrote a post about graphics settings a while ago: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/running-ac-silky-smooth-on-mid-end-pcs.131020/

Then I suggest:
MSAA: 4x --> OFF or 2x at that resolution is more than enough
Reflection resolution: 512x512 --> can be turned as low as you can
Rendering Frequency: Six face per frame (No Clue What this does) ---> definitely OFF

Depth of field: Low ---> OFF looks better (imho) and gives more fps
Saturation 118% ---> why so high? Why not 100%?

Hello Giovaneveterano, thank-you very much.... :thumbsup: I will give your recommendations a go and check out your post from a while back about running ac silky smooth... Thank-you :)

I wrote a post about graphics settings a while ago: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/running-ac-silky-smooth-on-mid-end-pcs.131020/

Then I suggest:
Rendering Frequency: Six face per frame (No Clue What this does) ---> definitely OFF

Saturation 118% ---> why so high? Why not 100%

Then I suggest:

Hello Giovaneveterano, Rendering Frequency does not have an "off" option it only has Static. Should I put it on Static?

Saturation 118% ---> why so high? Why not 100%

I have no idea why Saturation is set to 118%, but I turned it down to your recommendation of 100%. :) I've been tinkering with all of these settings for months now, so I had to come here and get expert help. Thanks Tim

Attachments

• 04-01-18 RACEDEPARTMENT GRAPHICS SETTINGS-01 STATIC.PNG
    04-01-18 RACEDEPARTMENT GRAPHICS SETTINGS-01 STATIC.PNG
    580.4 KB · Views: 2,317
Hello Giovaneveterano,

Thank-you again for your settings. WOW HUGE IMPROVEMENT. Just did a trackday at Watkins Glen Boot with 24 cars and stable 60-61 FPS. Everything looks amazing :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Then I suggest:

Hello Nabila, Do you have or know where I can find a screenshot or video of the Install/unzip to the root of AC Install folder to run the JSGME? This kind of mod I have never done before. I know how to down load car and track mods, but this one I have no idea how to do.

*To install: Unzip to the root of your AC install folder, run JSGME and activate Natural Weather and optionally Ben Lee + WagnumPI Clouds

Attachments

• 0001.PNG
    0001.PNG
    153.4 KB · Views: 511
Hello Matheus, I just checked your recommendations, but I could not find the ant aliasing mode to turn off in the AC Content Manager, however, it is set to off in the Assetto Corsa Original Game launcher under video settings. Also, there are Anti aliasing settings in my Graphics Card settings. I have attached a screen shot

Turn off fxaa as well, ut just makes the game blurry, and if you have anti aliasing on it should be off already

Attachments

• 04-03-18-01.PNG
    04-03-18-01.PNG
    111 KB · Views: 781
  • 04-03-18.PNG
    04-03-18.PNG
    851.8 KB · Views: 942
  • Assetto Corsa Launcher 4_3_2018 5_36_50 AM.png
    Assetto Corsa Launcher 4_3_2018 5_36_50 AM.png
    946.2 KB · Views: 614

Latest News

How long have you been simracing