Assetto Corsa: Glickenhaus' newest baby, the SCG 003C coming?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003C 01.jpg

Silence has been surrounding the development team of Kunos Simulazioni the last weeks which can only mean they are hard at work. However when it's time to relax they seem to pick one of the hottest places to be: The Nürburgring Nordschleife.

This weekend the ADAC Zurich 24 Hour Race is held at the mother of all tracks and Kunos' long term friends of Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus seem to have invited the Italian developers over to witness their participation in the race with their brand new SCG 003C.

The 3.5 liter twin-turbo V6 powered by Honda, spitting out no less than 530bhp, is the successor of the P 4/5 Competizione, which is already available in Assetto Corsa, and the SCG 003C (Competizione) will most likely be available to PC sim racers as well.

On Facebook the studio hinted to the new car with a blurry image which is actually the yellow monster you can see above and below you find the same car on track plus a picture of Aris showing the car in game.

Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus 03.jpg Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus 04.jpg Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003C 01.jpg Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003C 02.jpg

Amazing looking car, but not so sure it's in the spirit of the 24 hour class rules....it's almost a LMP car.

I also really don't like the look of that front lift in the video, if it's doing that all by itself they will have to be careful in traffic. As a motorsport fan I don't want any more cars taking off please.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way (love the Nurburgring 24 hours), this is not a criticism just an observation :). Will look forward to the race and hope it's a safe one for everyone :thumbsup:

This is something to get excited about, unlike the VGT program full of fantasy cars.

Plus we have the best laser-scanned version of the Nordschleife to run it around, how appropriate :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%