Assetto Corsa + G2 won't run help

Hi all just as the title says I can't for the life of me get AC to run in vr with the reverb g2 I've tried using Steam VR and also using WMR and also launching it from the content manager but it just refuses to run in vr it comes up on my monitor but refuses to run in the headset, it ran perfect in the rift s all my other games are running ok AMS2, I racing, race room etc but I just can't get AC to run it's probably something that I'm missing :)

• Deleted member 197115

Hi all just as the title says I can't for the life of me get AC to run in vr with the reverb g2 I've tried using Steam VR and also using WMR and also launching it from the content manager but it just refuses to run in vr it comes up on my monitor but refuses to run in the headset, it ran perfect in the rift s all my other games are running ok AMS2, I racing, race room etc but I just can't get AC to run it's probably something that I'm missing :)
1609299048232.png

@Alen Pecanin sorry m8, I'm not the person to be asking for a review as I'm not very technically minded, but I'll give you what I think is a fair assessment of what I think of the G2, bear in mind that I'm coming from the rift S and I'm sure that I haven't got the G2 set up properly yet but what I can say is the it's certainly sharper than the rift S but the sweet spot isn't as good imho also the colours on certain games look a bit washed out. In AMS2 it looks great and I'm getting a solid 80 - 90fps most of the time, but on Assetto Corsa I'm only getting 45fps but solid and that's with a grid of 24, I think ASW is probably on but I'm not sure I'm sure someone on here who knows about these things can let me know :)
One thing is the software WMR is a pain but I'm beginning to get the hang of it, the other thing is that the controllers are no where near as good as the rift or rift S, they feel flimsy in comparison.
I'll probably get flamed but it's just my honest opinion, hope it helps :)

• Deleted member 197115

Why would anyone get flamed for honest opinion, it's RD after all? ;)
WMR has some learning curve for sure, you need to learn few tricks, but then it's mostly one smooth ride.
Sweet spot is a problem due to less than optimally designed face gasket that puts eyes way too far from the lenses. Perhaps HP was trying to leave extra space for glass wearers. Aftermarket gasket or just face cushion velcroed directly to HMD solves that. You can try removing gasket altogether and see what kind of sweet spot and FOV you can get out of this set.
Screens are bright, which may explain washed out colors, if you can drop brightness, most sims allow that, that can solve it. I came from O+ with gorgeous AMOLED display and wasn't expecting colors look so good, I think the only thing I've "lost" moving from OLED to LCD is the lack of black smear on Odyssey plus, picture itself is even more vibrant than it was on Samsung, blacks are extremely good too, which was my biggest fear.

I can't get the AC running with the G2 headset either. The goggles are working normally in Windows Mixed Reality portal.
I have set rendering mode to OpenVR in AC Video settings, but no luck.
Tried Content Manager as well.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back