Assetto Corsa Free Bonus Pack 2 Details Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Coming on March 31st, Kunos Simulazioni have today revealed details of the second free bonus car pack to hit the popular Italian racing simulator, Assetto Corsa.

Featuring the Corvette C7 Stingray, Ford Mustang and Fiat Abarth 595 alongside a new desert style 'Black Cat County' track, Bonus Pack 2 is a nice addition for fans to enjoy alongside all the promised goodies due to come in the Version 1.5 release on the same date.

AC Bonus Pack 2.jpg

Black Cat County is a new and attractive-looking fictional circuit that will come in three configurations and could well prove to be a wonderful playground for those with a leaning towards sideways drift-style action in the game.

The Fiat Abarth will form part of the Xbox One and PS4 release content due to launch on June 3rd in Europe and June 7th in North America with the C7 Stingray and Ford Mustang coming to console in the ‘Prestige Pack’ pre-order incentive at select retailers.

Don't forget to have a look at our recent exclusive interview for discussions around the console release and check out our Assetto Corsa forums and Racing Club for great online racing against your fellow sim drivers.

Looking forward to version 1.5 and the free bonus content? Enjoying the game so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

"Centro Sperimentale Balocco" - In particular the Langhe circuit, considered as "The Italian Nordschleife.
Owned by FCA (Abarth, Fiat you know), it is a test circuit used by FCA to develop their cars, it has so much configurations, I think anyone has enough time to enjoy the full potential of this track. It as a lot of story, it can be laser scanned, and probably the licence it's also cheap.

But...

We get this. Oh yeah it's free, thanks kunos. Free it's also this:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lake-louise-v2-0-23km-50km-mountain-epic.3238/
I thought Kunos would go for something a bit more exclusive... but you know, no licence costs, no laser scan costs... We started with zandvoort not laser scanned, now a completely fictional track, then the release on consoles... The route it's pretty clear to me. (yeah yeah I know later in the 2016 we get Red Bull Ring laser scanned...)

"The production of Black Cat County scenary ran in parallel with our scheduled development, and I cannot emphasize it enough that it does not represent a replacement or a different direction of our will to continue to make improvements to Assetto Corsa, with our main focus on the realistic racing simulation genre. Nevertheless, not only do these kinds of activities guarantee a better relationship between Assetto Corsa and automotive manufacturers with all the benefits that they bring in terms of realism, connections and new licenses, but also represent a more comprehensive way to process R&D activities and test new 3D modelling and texturing techniques with the aim to bring the most out of what the Assetto Corsa engine is capable of."
- Kunos

And by the way, do you have any idea how much does it cost to laser scan? Clearly not. Yet despite the cost they get as many laser scans as possible to fit in the budget and development time line.
Don't forget, to sell, you need to produce something that is in demand, and that track you suggested, though nice, clearly is not in demand.

wow to the angry votes on my comment... whats the problem? you really want to say how great it is to get such ****? ok its free but who needs street cars? if i want to drive streetcars i would buy gt because there i would have 500 more of them... or nfs because i can add some nice bumpers there :p

i bought ac as sim and was hyped at the early access and now i get more and more tired of this game... just like pcars another semisemisemiiwanttobeasimbutimjustagraphicsblenderandwitheverynewdlckunosisloughinglouder...

I enjoy racing race cars as much as anyone, but one of my favorite things to do in AC is take a street car and just cruise around some of the hillclimb tracks or Lake Louise, an activity that's hard to find in PC sims. It's not as adrenaline pumping as racing race cars, but it can be very enjoyable and actually relaxing. So they've managed to please two different kinds of customers, those who like to race and those who like to cruise, seems like a win-win to me.

it is not in demand? It's exactly what Black Cat Country is, a place to enjoy the driving experience, a place very similar to open public roads, and it exists for real.

What you fail to grasp is that its pointless to laserscan a road for various reasons, which I will not mention because you are not going to read them anyway, since you didn't read my previous quotation of Kunos' statement.

Owned by FCA (Abarth, Fiat you know), it is a test circuit used by FCA to develop their cars, it has so much configurations, I think anyone has enough time to enjoy the full potential of this track. It as a lot of story, it can be laser scanned, and probably the licence it's also cheap.
It wouldn't surprise me if car manufacturers don't want to make their test tracks open for anybody to use. There may be a bit of intellectual property there.

I thought Kunos would go for something a bit more exclusive... but you know, no licence costs, no laser scan costs... We started with zandvoort not laser scanned, now a completely fictional track, then the release on consoles... The route it's pretty clear to me. (yeah yeah I know later in the 2016 we get Red Bull Ring laser scanned...)
Laser scanned tracks are difficult and come with all sorts of other issues around licensing. I really don't mind that Kunos bulk out the track list with good quality fictional roads. It takes nothing away from the laser scanned stuff.

Last edited:
i bought ac as sim and was hyped at the early access and now i get more and more tired of this game... just like pcars another semisemisemiiwanttobeasimbutimjustagraphicsblenderandwitheverynewdlckunosisloughinglouder...
You wonder why your comment was not well liked? Really. Your opinion is certainly valid for you, but everyone likes different things so appreciate the fact that others will enjoy this content and after all it is for free! I actually look forward to driving some of the supercars on this long and varied track and as for most of us, that is as close as we can get to the actual experience of unwinding a $600,000 car on a closed road :)
Read the article linked by @Michael Stead in post #20 and you can also see that it was a good move for Kunos since it was requested by one of their car manufacturers. Not to mention this quote from the article
"As you might know, Assetto Corsa offers more or less a parity of racing and road car models in order to meet the different tastes of our wider audience. Regardless of this mix of road and racing content, the simulation features highly detailed laser-scanned circuits, which represent the perfect environment for racing. However, until now the simulation did not include a proper road environment, an ideal scenario for the simple pleasure of driving, something that people are especially looking for while driving road cars and grand-tourers."
As I said, different strokes for different folks so no need to get too crazy about your dislike for this new and Free content.

Last edited:
The twin turbo ecoboost car is faster than the gt! lol
You are right about the ecoboost. I have a new truck and got the ecoboost 6 rather than the 5.0 V8 because it is much better at towing and gets better milage. It also does a much better job going up the mountains around where I live. More cylinders and greater displacement don't always mean better!

oh wow its free then for sure it must be great and everyone have to like it

Who said that? Nobody said everyone has to like it, but some people will like it. It's more like "if you don't like it than race the stuff you do like and be happy you didn't have to pay for something you don't want, but don't be bothered by people who will enjoy it". I think I will quite like it, is my opinion less valid than yours for some reason? Should Kunos say "Hey Brandon, we know you would really enjoy this, but Patr1ot would not enjoy it one bit so we can't allow it to be released".

i dont think im the only one who thinks so if you read the complete thread... just the fanboys gave their bad vote

I'm sure there's plenty of people who agree with you and won't enjoy the free content, and their opinion is just as valid as those who will enjoy it. Luckily there's enough content to keep both parties happy. People who gave you a bad vote probably did so because you're implying that everyone has to agree with your opinion and way of playing, not because they're "fanboys". There's no piece of content that 100% of AC players will enjoy, I don't see any harm in them trying something a little different that a portion of their customers will enjoy a whole lot.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%