Assetto Corsa: First Porsche Render Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche.jpg

Following the recent announcement by Kunos Simulazioni confirming the acquisition of the Porsche licence for Assetto Corsa, the team over in Italy have already been hard at working bringing the first fruits of the new deal into digital form.

Kunos have revealed a mouth watering teaser image of a 1970s era Porsche 935/78 "Moby Dick" as made famous by such legendary drivers as Jacky Ickx and Bob Wollek, coming second only to the works Renault team in the 1978 round the clock classic at Le Mans in June 1978. Capable of an incredible 0-60 in just 2.6 seconds, the legendary 935/78 was one of the most iconic and formidable machines that took part under the Group 5 regulations and went on to secure a number of race victories for the German marque.

Porsche 935-78.jpg

Kunos have yet to reveal the full range of cars that will be made available as part of the licencing deal with Porsche, however with such an impressive back catalogue of stunning road and race cars, whatever finds its way in game will no doubt prove to be an exceptionally fun experience for players of Assetto Corsa to enjoy.

Check out the Assetto Corsa forum here at RaceDepartment to view all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos Simulazioni's racing simulation. We have hundreds of topics created by community members discussing many aspects of the Italian simulator. Why not check out our Assetto Corsa Mods forum while you browse? Take a look at the many high quality user created cars and tracks available for download, or if making these mods is more your thing, take a tour of our Modding Discussion forum for WIP projects, advice and guidance and general discussion around the world of AC modding.

RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events with a wide variety of content for the sim. All you need is a premium membership and a desire to have a good time on track! Check it out today!

Looking forward to the arrival of Porsche in AC? What model's do you want to see in game? Like the look of this early preview? Let us know in the discussion section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kunos fully realizes that they can't please everyone. All developers devise a plan that they think will work best for the widest audience, or their personal preference if profit is not the highest priority. It's a balancing act. Look at one of the most successful (sales wise) driving/racing game - Gran Turismo. PD does "not" please everyone (not my cup of tea) but they please the most of the console gaming crowd. Kunos "seems" to be going after that crowd - can't blame them really. That doesn't mean AC is a GT clone, the goals can be higher.
My favorite sim based on "content" is R3E as I prefer racing, racing by class (GT2/3, DTM 1992/2015, Group 5, WTCC, ADAC GT Masters, Touring, Prototype, etc.). But, even those that like R3E don't agree with every pack that gets released - you can't please everyone.
I see some AC DLC complaints but not any more than I see in the R3E, pCARS, rFactor 2, etc. forums. It is what it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back