Assetto Corsa: First Porsche Render Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche.jpg

Following the recent announcement by Kunos Simulazioni confirming the acquisition of the Porsche licence for Assetto Corsa, the team over in Italy have already been hard at working bringing the first fruits of the new deal into digital form.

Kunos have revealed a mouth watering teaser image of a 1970s era Porsche 935/78 "Moby Dick" as made famous by such legendary drivers as Jacky Ickx and Bob Wollek, coming second only to the works Renault team in the 1978 round the clock classic at Le Mans in June 1978. Capable of an incredible 0-60 in just 2.6 seconds, the legendary 935/78 was one of the most iconic and formidable machines that took part under the Group 5 regulations and went on to secure a number of race victories for the German marque.

Porsche 935-78.jpg

Kunos have yet to reveal the full range of cars that will be made available as part of the licencing deal with Porsche, however with such an impressive back catalogue of stunning road and race cars, whatever finds its way in game will no doubt prove to be an exceptionally fun experience for players of Assetto Corsa to enjoy.

Check out the Assetto Corsa forum here at RaceDepartment to view all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos Simulazioni's racing simulation. We have hundreds of topics created by community members discussing many aspects of the Italian simulator. Why not check out our Assetto Corsa Mods forum while you browse? Take a look at the many high quality user created cars and tracks available for download, or if making these mods is more your thing, take a tour of our Modding Discussion forum for WIP projects, advice and guidance and general discussion around the world of AC modding.

RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events with a wide variety of content for the sim. All you need is a premium membership and a desire to have a good time on track! Check it out today!

Looking forward to the arrival of Porsche in AC? What model's do you want to see in game? Like the look of this early preview? Let us know in the discussion section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent. I can remove the not-so-great ripped version I've been using because of no alternatives and wait for the "proper" one. Wouldn't mind some even more legendary historics from that stable, but this one is a good start.

the legendary 935/78 was one of the most iconic and formidable machines that took part under the Group 5 regulations and went on to secure a number of race victories for the German marque
In fact the car was not so good and won a single race in 78, under the rain with Jacky Ickx at the wheel... Extremely poor for a factory 935.
Three years later it was kind of resurrected in DRM and IMSA. One single vitory for Mass in Germany. None in the USA, and the sad priviledge of being fatal to Rolf Stommelen as the whale tail eventually failed.
So yes, a "legend" in the original meaning ^^

Although not overly successful that season, the car maintains legendary status due to its iconic looks (and sounds :) ) and purely by the fact that anyone who's seen one driven in anger can testify to it being one of the greatest sights in all of moto racing history :D

To be a legend doesn't always mean armfuls of victories and championships, plus the 935/78 was the natural progression of several years versions of Porsche 935 that did win a few in their time...

I think of it much like the Jordan 191. Not a successful car as such, but still a legend for both what it achieved at the time, its looks and the fact it launched Jordan Grand Prix (and a certain German fella)...

That is quite sexy, but I personally won't properly soil my pantyhose until they confirm a '74 RSR and a laser scanned Sebring to go with it. Then I will properly consider entertaining part time AC fanboy status.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%