Assetto Corsa Ferrari F138 'Red Pack' preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today revealed the latest addition of the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC, due to hit the digital shelves on Thursday 14th July. The legendary Ferrari F138 Grand Prix car that contested the 2013 Formula One World Championship season will make its virtual debut in the sim, representing the last of the V8 era Grand Prix machines before the introduction of hybrid turbo power units made its debut at the start of the 2014 season.

The F138 is the fifth new piece of content revealed by the studio and continues the Grand Prix theme started by the introduction of the legendary Maserati 250F driven by Juan Manuel Fangio right the way through to modern thoroughbred machinery in the shape of the recent 2015 Ferrari Formula One challenger.

With only five days to go and two final pieces of content to be revealed, the F138 will make a pleasing new addition to the sim and should fit right in with the 'Red Pack' theme in what is fast becoming one of the most exciting pieces of DLC content since Assetto Corsa launched all the way back in 2014.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more of the latest news regarding the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari F138 2014 Car.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to the 'Red Pack' DLC? Pleased to hear of F138 announcement? Let is know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
There is already a 488 mod available.
There is already a quality mod Red Bull Ring available.
There are already mod quality F1 cars available.
For me the bést news is Maserati coming to town... and Porsche of course later this year. Well to each his own I guess :)
The Kunos made version of the track im sure will be even better. And the F1's im sure too will be ahead of the mods even though the mods are great. :) But yeah, you are right we already have some of the content. Kunos know we have those though and i have a suspicion it will be better (like new KERS system etc).

And its a little bit weird to see people complaining (not you mate, overall) when we get an announcement about real F1 cars in AC... More realistic KERS system and who know what else updates there will be when this pack is released that will make AC even better. Then we got the Porsche announcement as well. I couldnt be much happier knowing we are getting real F1's, vintage Maserati (and what else cars in the Red pack), upcoming Porsche cars, Red Bull Ring and general updates to the sim. To me that is music to my ears. Little Kunos managed to give us these things is nothing short of amazing in my book. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Actually, the ACFL mod that I remember enjoying quite a lot had a unique model for each car. Rather impressive really. This was the free mod from about a year ago though, but Im sure their payware mod of the current season is also the same in this regard.

Guess Kunos cant make any more new content. Ever. Since there is probably already a mod made in some capacity of anything that someone will want. Porsche, Bathurst, Le Mans, F1 cars, etc. :rolleyes:

And we all know Kunos shouldnt make official content of something that already has a mod right? Even if that mod is illegally ripped from another game? Or ripped from Grid 2... Or has completely awful physics...
for 2016 the physical car models may be car-dependent, at least to some degree, but i don't believe the drive model is. i actually checked out the acfl facebook site just last night & there was a note from a/the dev that an 'offline' calibrated edition is planned. so im pretty sure as is its a generic 2016 F1 league-purpose car, but if anyone knows for certain that'd be nice obviously.

Actually, the ACFL mod that I remember enjoying quite a lot had a unique model for each car. Rather impressive really. This was the free mod from about a year ago though, but Im sure their payware mod of the current season is also the same in this regard.

Guess Kunos cant make any more new content. Ever. Since there is probably already a mod made in some capacity of anything that someone will want. Porsche, Bathurst, Le Mans, F1 cars, etc. :rolleyes:

And we all know Kunos shouldnt make official content of something that already has a mod right? Even if that mod is illegally ripped from another game? Or ripped from Grid 2... Or has completely awful physics...
Naah you are not getting me...I was more being informative (for people who don't know about the 488gtb for instance) than actual complaining. Sometimes it's difficult to read between the lines, but I wasn't complaining. I will instabuy this red pack and appreciate the quality of all of the pack, just sending out my preferrence to content. Kunos is doing awesome work of course, I am one of their biggest fans for sure ;)
But to reply to your statement :
AC Cobra EXCELLENT mod : reproduced by Kunos
Lamborghini Miura EXCELLENT mod : idem
Mazda 787B EXCELLENT mod : will be reproduced
I don't like that tendency but that's my right, like Kunos can do whatever they want and then I comment on this again and then you come in...and so on:p;)
As for the crap rip mods, most of them are, but if you learn a thing or two about data modding, you'd be surprised how much a crap mod could improve (not all but some) and meet some decent (not impressive, but decent) standards.:)

Since the Exos S1 is fictional, who's to say that the engine sound wasn't taken from their official Ferrari sims? ;)

I'm sure this pack won't cater to everyone, most packs won't, but I'm super excited by this one. It should re-energise interest in AC and get loads more players playing, which is good for everyone.

well somebody mentioned that the same sound was used on Ferrari sims years ago ... and since both Exos and F138 has °90 V8 fictional higher reving Exos could sounds close to F138 :) ... sounds were never strong part of AC but they are getting better

The F138 we're getting in the Red Pack is the same, sound included, you could drive in the Ferrari museum until some years ago (replaced now by SF15-T).
The Exos S1 is a fictional car, no wonder they gave it the F138 sound.

I wonder if the Exos S1 will end up balanced against the F138. Might not be a real F1 car but at least it'd be a rival.

Lack of KERS, DRS, 7th gear... can't be as fast.

Proper rival for the F138 would be the 2013 Lotus Renault. They were closely fighting for the 3rd constructor place. Ferrari 330 P3 for the Ford GT Mk1. James Hunt's McLaren versus Niki Lauda's 312T. 787 (not B) Nazda vs Sauber C9.

So many options for legendary battles.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back