Assetto Corsa Ferrari F138 'Red Pack' preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today revealed the latest addition of the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC, due to hit the digital shelves on Thursday 14th July. The legendary Ferrari F138 Grand Prix car that contested the 2013 Formula One World Championship season will make its virtual debut in the sim, representing the last of the V8 era Grand Prix machines before the introduction of hybrid turbo power units made its debut at the start of the 2014 season.

The F138 is the fifth new piece of content revealed by the studio and continues the Grand Prix theme started by the introduction of the legendary Maserati 250F driven by Juan Manuel Fangio right the way through to modern thoroughbred machinery in the shape of the recent 2015 Ferrari Formula One challenger.

With only five days to go and two final pieces of content to be revealed, the F138 will make a pleasing new addition to the sim and should fit right in with the 'Red Pack' theme in what is fast becoming one of the most exciting pieces of DLC content since Assetto Corsa launched all the way back in 2014.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more of the latest news regarding the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari F138 2014 Car.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to the 'Red Pack' DLC? Pleased to hear of F138 announcement? Let is know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The Red Pack is shaping pretty nicely. I would love to see a 488 GTB included as well. Maybe they'll announce it in the next 5 days.

Edit: Well, the 488 is coming out with the console release, I'm amped!

Last edited:
Not my favorite V8 era F1 car to be completely honest, those would be the blown diffuser cars of '10-'11... them off throttle overrun sounds of the exhaust gases playing with the diffuser. :inlove:

The F138 in the teaser sounds so nasal-y for some reason though, maybe it's just the video editing due to the music or maybe it's just on my end. Come on Kunos, these cars were known for their screaming banshee V8 engines, but the teaser made it sound to me like some generic Exos low revving engine. That said, this is undoubtedly a job well done by Kunos for getting another F1 era ingame, but sadly this specific car is not my cup of tea so no hype from me. Patiently waits for the next car teaser to see what else is on the way *rubbing hands*. :laugh:

HUGE EDIT - Welp, just watched some F138 onboards and I take my above sentence about the bad sound back, that car does sound generic as heck, not entirely Kunos' fault. This car does not need any external help to sound boring. /blames my poor memory

Last edited:
Well look at that, you're right, it's releasing with the console version launch. It will be included in the prestige pack. Woohoo! :laugh:
There is already a 488 mod available.
There is already a quality mod Red Bull Ring available.
There are already mod quality F1 cars available.
For me the bést news is Maserati coming to town... and Porsche of course later this year. Well to each his own I guess :)

The car is beautiful and the pack is an insta-buy, but it's still wasted if we have no season opponents to play with. Same problem as other sims these days, I get so tired of racing clone car armies. I wonder if we'll at least get some make-believe skins to have a grid of fake 2013 entries?

Right now what we have is a good GT3 grid, and tons of hotlapping cars with no suitable competitors. Would Kunos maybe shift licensing focus so we might actually see a fleshed out open-wheel grid of any era? I'd pay 50 for a complete 2013 season with working DRS rule.

Or do we keep praying for modders to save us? ACFL2016 is the only thing that makes AC an actual Formula racing experience for me.

The car is beautiful and the pack is an insta-buy, but it's still wasted if we have no season opponents to play with. Same problem as other sims these days, I get so tired of racing clone car armies. I wonder if we'll at least get some make-believe skins to have a grid of fake 2013 entries?

Right now what we have is a good GT3 grid, and tons of hotlapping cars with no suitable competitors. Would Kunos maybe shift licensing focus so we might actually see a fleshed out open-wheel grid of any era? I'd pay 50 for a complete 2013 season with working DRS rule.

Or do we keep praying for modders to save us? ACFL2016 is the only thing that makes AC an actual Formula racing experience for me.
Actually no, the GT3 grid is pretty spread out, the older generation cars aren't being raced in big racing series anymore as the new generation has replaced them, currently we only have the Huracan, AMG and 650s. Hopefully one of the 7 will be 488 GT3 instead of the GTE.

I'd pay 50 for a complete 2013 season with working DRS rule.

its called f1 2013, & its a lot cheaper than that now.

no, you will never see anything close to a full grid of a seasons cars. maybe a couple from a single season....

isnt ACFL a LEAGUE model? in other words, the cars are all the same?

just download some skins & quit dreaming/whining.

It's all about the licensing. First off, Codemasters will most likely renew their agreement with FOM for another handful of years, especially considering how the new title is looking. That means no chance of any previous year being licensed. Plus, the FOM polices everything that gets put out like crazy as well. To be honest, I'd rather see Kunos focus on getting some of the newer generation GT3 cars like the 488 GT3, Bentley Continental, 911 RSR GT3 (probably coming in one of the Porsche packs), M6 GT3, etc. Those don't require any "Series" licensing and are much easier to acquire.

We all have our own opinions though, and I respect that. I'm sure modders will re-skin that F138 with most or all the 2013 skins and you'll at least have that. ;)

I wonder if we'll at least get some make-believe skins to have a grid of fake 2013 entries?

Obviously Kunos won't supply any livery other than the Ferrari one. But the community will make skins for the rest of the season just like it happens for every single car/mod in game right now. Look at all the F1 car mods out there, even though only one car per season gets released someone jumps in to make the liveries for the entire grid anyway. I don't think it will be an issue whatsoever. :p

isnt ACFL a LEAGUE model? in other words, the cars are all the same?

Actually, the ACFL mod that I remember enjoying quite a lot had a unique model for each car. Rather impressive really. This was the free mod from about a year ago though, but Im sure their payware mod of the current season is also the same in this regard.

There is already a 488 mod available.
There is already a quality mod Red Bull Ring available.
There are already mod quality F1 cars available.
For me the bést news is Maserati coming to town... and Porsche of course later this year. Well to each his own I guess :)

Guess Kunos cant make any more new content. Ever. Since there is probably already a mod made in some capacity of anything that someone will want. Porsche, Bathurst, Le Mans, F1 cars, etc. :rolleyes:

And we all know Kunos shouldnt make official content of something that already has a mod right? Even if that mod is illegally ripped from another game? Or ripped from Grid 2... Or has completely awful physics...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back