Assetto Corsa Ferrari Celebration DLC Releases September 19th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the highly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary Assetto Corsa DLC is on its way, releasing this September 19th!

Created to mark the 70th anniversary of the Ferrari brand, the new Assetto Corsa DLC offering will contain some of the most iconic road and racing machines produced by the legendary marque, including plenty of historic content and the 2017 specification Formula One car that currently sits second in the Formula One World Drivers Championship.

As a reminder you can check out the Ferrari Celebration Pack DLC contents below:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H 2017 F1 Car

With Kunos having confirmed the new DLC is just seven days away from a public release on PC (Xbox One and PS4 to follow at a later date), the Italian development team have released a nice new trailer for one of the most spectacular cars included in the pack, the stunning 1962 issue Ferrari 250 GTO, which can be viewed below:

Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO... The 250 GTO model was the pinnacle of the development of the 250 GT series in competition form, whilst still remaining a road car. It made its public debut at the annual pre-season Ferrari press conference in January 1962, and was the only front-engined model on display, with its monoposto and sports racing counterparts all having a mid-engine configuration. The 250 GTO was the ultimate expression of the Ferrari 250 GT car. It was equally at home on the road or track – perhaps the last dual purpose road/race car produced – and has achieved legendary status amongst aficionados of the marque. With only a relatively small production run of thirty-six cars, and with many of the examples produced having a great racing pedigree, it has become one of the icons of Ferrari's production history, with a revered position in collectors' circles.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 2.png
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 3.png

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's going to be a lot longer than a year before we see something new; I wouldn't expect an early access release until late 2019, if not longer.

If they outsource a new graphics engine.

I don't see why they physics engine wouldn't be carried over.

rf evolved to rf2
nascar 2003 to iRacing
pcars1 to pcars2

etc

Kunos has the base layer, they wouldn't need to start from scratch anymore.

I did a late night 1h SRS race in the Porsche GT3 Cup ad had one of the very best man to man close battles over several laps - completely drained my energy and was ready for a cold shower and bed time when I glanced at the notifications that the DLC is live.

… stole me an hour of my sleep, thanks Kunos ;-)
First impressions:
- 288 GTO is pure sweetness - could sound a bit more raaaaaawwwwww though and it feels surprisingly low powered but those were the 80's I gather.
One can clearly see the genetic heritage off the F40 here - great car!

- 250 GTO is a handful on those old, slim tires and is most likely in the one run the one car I will spend most time in from this DLC - looking forward to vintage GT races (RD Club racing mods - are you listening)

- 330 Spider - WOW, this one feels light, nimble, properly powered but I do have the feeling it produces less downforce than the Porsche 908 (not driven them back to back but from memory how the Porsche feels)
The 330 clearly is the most interesting car to race from this Ferrari pack and I am looking forward to epic endurance battles against the Porsche 908 and Ford GT40 - lovely car this 330.
What do you guys think - does it's tires seem to have too much grip? It feels like a gokart and really does exactly what you tell it to with precision - feels very easy on the tires, direct, almost modern (just quite little downforce somehow and VERY agile) I definitely will spend more time with this one - gives you an idea of what a Kunos 512M could have been ;-) …and I do have my hopes up that we will see a Kunos Ferrari 512 variant to battle the Porsche 917K at some point

- 312 F1 - I had only limited time to test but had a quick race against a couple of Kunos Lotus 49 and filled a complete F1 grid with that F1 67 mod floating around the net (based on a GPL based mod).
This car is a hoot (it was also in GPL my favorite) … I can see plenty of quality time in this one down the road - now could the original makers of the GPL mod that was ported illegally to Assetto Corsa stand up and maybe work on a mod themselves so we can enjoy a true 1967 F1 grid?

Say what you feel - I had some issues feeling the road with this 67 330 F1 - it felt a bit "floaty" (maybe a strong word to describe what I felt) - I always absolutely LOVED the Kunos Lotus 49 (simple perfection).
The Ferrari did not have the traction I remember from the Lotus but then I did only a quick race on cold tires around Riverside - definitely more track time needed.

- 812 Superfast: - THE SURPRISE car for me - such an enjoyable and impressive vehicle (you absolutely MUST dial out the immense understeering engineered into the standard setup - just go for slightly less positive rear toe, slightly less rear camber and a touch more front camber, traction control off and the car transforms into something truly impressive.
I had a hoot around Red Bull Ring National and surely will drive this one some more, pairing it against it's natural playmates - THANK you Kunos for including this one - clearly the biggest surprise for me in the pack (I would never had thought I ever use this one)

- didn't even touch the SF70 thingy and probably never will - what a pity but I do respect that there are surely equally as many modern F1 fans out there who will just use this one

In a nutshell for me:

1) 330P
2) 250 GTO
3) 312 F1
4) 812 Superfast
5) 288 GTO

I gladly spent the little money the DLC costs on this content - very well done Kunos!
I hope we see some of these in the next SRS season and in the next RD club races ;-)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%