Assetto Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3 'Red Pack' preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Ferrari 488 GT3 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa developers Kunos Simulazioni have finally revealed the penultimate piece of content due to be released for the game as part of Thursday's upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC update.

With the GT2/3's already proving to be one of the more popular, and densely populated, classes within the game it was perhaps inevitable that Kunos would look to add another new generation model from of one of GT racing's most vibrant racing classes, this time bringing the beautiful Ferrari 488 GT3 to the sim. Replacement for the aging 458 Italia, the new 488 packs a twin-turbocharged 3.9-liter V8 with a lighter more rigid frame than its road going counterpart the 488 GTB. Run by a wide variety of GT3 teams across the world, the 488 is one of Ferrari's most spectacular closed top GT cars of recent times and sure to become an instant classic with the Tifosi faithful.

The Red Pack DLC is due for release on the Steam platform for PC players of Assetto Corsa, and will become available to purchase for PS4 and Xbox One players post console release.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum for more news items right here at RaceDepartment. We have a number of thread topics to engage with your fellow community members, we host a high volume of mods and addons as well as our new Modding Discussion forum, a place where modders can discuss the many aspects involved in creating cars, tracks and skins for Assetto Corsa.

With our new Mazda MX-5 Cup league starting this Sunday, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum to check out our regular club racing events and leagues? Our club races are designed for drivers of all skills and experience using a wide variety of content available for the sim. Head on over and take a look!

AC Ferrari 488 GT3 3.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 4.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 5.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 6.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 7.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3 8.jpg AC Ferrari 488 GT3.jpg

Another one bites the dust.. like what you see from the latest Red Pack reveal? Looking forward to the new Ferrari? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Today I`ll finally get the track replacement. Looking forward to try it out, and to compare how good it was my work :)

Hello Mitja,

You can be proud of your track, irrespective, I had many hours of fun and for a non-laser scan track it is excellent.

I am not deleting it and it will be interesting to compare against the "OEM" track from Kunos,

Take care,

ET

Mod-edit: Yes, he does, before means before, after means after. Stop insulting other users due to your insatisfaction and keep it to yourself.
Mod-edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.

Mod-edit: Yes, he does, before means before, after means after. Stop insulting other users due to your insatisfaction and keep it to yourself.
As an American, I can really only answer, "Well, sort of."

My point was that it's better to find a bug before delivery than after delivery. I understood yours to be that they found a bug an hour before delivery and asked their customers to wait briefly while they fixed it...and while I understand that you saw this as unprofessional, I simply don't agree with you.

I've worked in software development, and I am keenly aware of the usual behind-the-scenes scrambling that inevitably happens on delivery day. Most folks I've worked with don't announce delivery dates in advance, specifically because of the flak they know will come if they don't deliver a flawless product on time. As a beta tester with close to 20 years experience, I can tell you that there is no such thing as flawless software. Ideally, you find everything before the roll-out, but it often happens that you don't. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

As a customer, one can accept that it's inevitable and note where the problems lie in order to provide constructive feedback to the developers, or one can get angry about it. One approach is helpful, the other isn't.

As an American, I can really only answer, "Well, sort of."

My point was that it's better to find a bug before delivery than after delivery. I understood yours to be that they found a bug an hour before delivery and asked their customers to wait briefly while they fixed it...and while I understand that you saw this as unprofessional, I simply don't agree with you.

I've worked in software development, and I am keenly aware of the usual behind-the-scenes scrambling that inevitably happens on delivery day. Most folks I've worked with don't announce delivery dates in advance, specifically because of the flak they know will come if they don't deliver a flawless product on time. As a beta tester with close to 20 years experience, I can tell you that there is no such thing as flawless software. Ideally, you find everything before the roll-out, but it often happens that you don't. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

As a customer, one can accept that it's inevitable and note where the problems lie in order to provide constructive feedback to the developers, or one can get angry about it. One approach is helpful, the other isn't.
I am sure you would agree that a fundamental element of IT is not to promise things before you have a chance to fully test them.

It is not an excuse to suddenly pull back the release because you missed something. It is unprofessional and poor service. Fan boys here accept it as normal, maybe they are spending Daddy's money and not their own.

@Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

There are people in this world that do not share your views, unfortunately, and experience in the field is brushed aside by substituted ideas passed off as facts.

Irrespective, if you need further reminder as to the title and topic of this thread please scroll up to the top of the page to those that need reminding.

@REM1976 In case you might be slightly confused the above is for you.

ON TOPIC or go play the game.

I am sure you would agree that a fundamental element of IT is not to promise things before you have a chance to fully test them.

It is not an excuse to suddenly pull back the release because you missed something. It is unprofessional and poor service. Fan boys here accept it as normal, maybe they are spending Daddy's money and not their own.
edit: no more comment because of high rate of cluelessness.

1 thing really bothers me with this DLC, they released 1 car with 2 different enginges in the DLC, you're paying double for 1 car.

Are you? It's not as though each car and track have an individual price, so you don't pay for each one. You're paying for a pack. You could argue that they should have been considered 1 car with 2 varients and thus advertised as a 6 car pack though.

1 thing really bothers me with this DLC, they released 1 car with 2 different engines in the DLC, you're paying double for 1 car.
Still very reasonably priced. It's $11 CDN here, so maybe $1-1.15 for each car, and then maybe $3 for the track. I agree paying for two of the same is pretty "grey area", but Kunos still has some of the most reasonably priced DLCs I've seen.

I mean, the SF-15T alone could be $4-5 with all the features it comes with. :p

mod-edit: offensive content removed

Mod-edit: perfectly fine to criticize, however personal insults of this level aren't. Take a hike for a week to cool off

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back