Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO Talk 'n' Drive

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new car coming to Assetto Corsa in 2020, and it's a Ferrari? Sounds like a good opportunity to dust off the racing gloves and take it out for a spin if you ask me...
  • Testing the upcoming Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO.
  • New car coming to Assetto Corsa as part of Hublot Ferrari Esport Series.
  • Car will be made freely available to players who register for the series.

Yes, unbelievably we've had two new manufacturer supported high profile car releases for Assetto Corsa in the last couple of weeks, firstly with the stunning KTM X-Bow GT4 that dropped on July 26th, and now the recent news that Ferrari plan to release their 488 Challenge EVO race car as part of an upcoming new official esport series.

AC Ferrari 1.jpg

Frankly, I'm delighted to see new and high quality content in Assetto Corsa, as it has served as a great opportunity to reacquaint myself with the simulation after a significant period of time away, and helps to breathe new life into a title that continues to be expanded in impressive ways by the modding community.

So, an official Ferrari in a legendary sim... that just cries out for a video don't you think? Here is my thoughts and impressions from the upcoming Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO in Assetto Corsa:

The Ferrari Hublot Esport Series is set to begin in September 2020 for both Professional and Amateur sim racers, with registrations for the series open to EU residents over the age of 18 from August 7th. Those players who register for the series will receive this new Ferrari, along with a selection of custom liveries that will be used throughout the duration of the championship.

AC Ferrari 2.jpg

The 488 Challenge EVO is as the name suggests, and evolution of the already well established one make series racer - having been revealed to the world at the end of 2019 and set to take centre stage for the 2020 racing season. Benefiting from increased aerodynamic performance, more power, extra grip and improved safety features alongside the more aggressive styling characteristics over its predecessor, the car absolutely looks on point in both real and virtual environments - but what does it feel like to drive? Well, check out the video within this article to find out!

Assetto Corsa is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about AC? Want to check out the latest mods? Worry not, we've got just the place for you - the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Head over, say hello and enjoy the wonders of our exceptional community.

AC Ferrari Footer.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%